Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Y’all got around a week to get your predictions in or edit your existing ones! I’ve started the thread later and had the cutoff be Wrestle Kingdom before but this time it’ll be a day or two earlier, depending on when I start feeling like doing something after New Year’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

AEW fucks up something so bad that we all have problems with supporting them for moral reasons

Vince dies and Triple H rises from the ashes, a reformed man, and guts the company of a whole lot of problems. WWE enters a new, darker period. Gimmicks are not good. A couple of checks bounce. NXT's performers save the company.

Regal dies in a horrific accident. Wrestlefans shook.

Randy Orton retires from WWE. Does some indie poo poo, doesn't find it fulfilling, actually leaves wrestling (probably for a few years until he gets the itch again)

Darby retires due to a terrible injury but he's fire as a commentator

A really stupid thing happens with Orange Cassidy like maybe he's interrogated or some dumbass poo poo so they can make endless "squeezed" puns.

Mox comes back as a sneering heel and legit breaks something so bad on Hangman that he ends up leaving again out of guilt to deal with that poo poo. Hangman is out for the rest of the year.

Omega is out until late summer/feeling August-ish. Dude needs to take some time off and chill out and watch anime or whatever the gently caress.

NJPW has to shut down due to endless loving covid eating their roster but honestly this could go for anybody right now :rubby:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
HHH and Shawn Michaels will both have at least one match. Might be singles or tag, but will not be against each other.

Steve Austin will not

edit vv: people memeing about his death is precisely why I expect him to wrestle, thanks

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 26, 2021

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Triple H is dead, so idk why you're expecting him to wrestle, but ok then

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Prediction #1 - I will watch less wrestling in 2022 than I watched in 2021. Now I don't have a total hours watched (fortunately) but I've watched 462 shows this year probably enough time to watch another 10-14 before the year ends. Or 2,853 individual matches. So I'm predicting I pick & choose & watch way less full shows with dull undercards that only have 1 match I want to see.
Prediction #2 - According to the only metric that matters (my opinion), Shingo Takagi will be Wrestler of the Year again.
Prediction #3 - NOSAWA, Gedo/Togo & TAJIRI will continue to battle it out for most infuriating booker of a promotion I watch.
Prediction #4 - GLEAT stops being shown on Youtube & goes on something like IWTV or Fite.
Prediction #5 - Crowds in Japan will be allowed to vocally cheer & boo again before the end of 2022. That's my wildly optimistic prediction.
Prediction #6 - Kota Minoura leaves Masquerade. Yes, I'm very bold.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hook's first loss will come in a title match.

AEW will quietly let Brian Cage's contract expire where he will soon debut in WWE.

Scorpio Sky or Ethan Page will win singles gold.

Someone other than Thunder Rosa will beat Britt Baker for the title.

PnP will not win Tag Team Gold.

DDM will splinter and break into different groups.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Brian Cage will show up in WWE and the legions on Twitter will proclaim how this spells doom for AEW. Cage will get the standard three PvP cycle against Roman, where he loses, gets a DQ win, and loses again, before being banished to the catering dimension.

Hook will not win a singles title this year.

Moxley will come back and continue to kick rear end.

CM Punk will not win the World Heavyweight Championship but he will turn heel.

Evil Uno and Stu Greyson will win the tag titles.

Thunder Rosa beats Britt at Revolution for the Women’s championship.

PAC beats Cody for the TNT Title. This is during Cody’s fourth reign sometime in the fall.

Okada shows up on AEW programming.

Hangman holds the championship until at least Winter is Coming 2022.

NXT 2.0 is scrapped and they introduce NXT 3.0, which is actually just the new Divas Search.

Inner Circle breaks up.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
WWE firings/releases will include Drew McIntyre, Otis, Apollo Crews, Liv Morgan, and Bobby Roode.

No one from New Day will appear on non-WWE wrestling tv.

Bronn Breakker will have some kind of on air confrontation with Roman Reigns.

The Young Bucks will turn baby face.

Darby Allin will attempt to turn heel but will get an underwhelming reaction.

AEW Stadium Stampede will revolve around the superkliq/Undisputed era guys.

Jade Cargill will be the inaugural TBS champion.

Marko Stunt will not work a single match on cable tv or pay per view.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cody will not execute a pedigree in 2022.

MJF will win a match against Cody with a pedigree.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Jim Cornette will get banned from Twitter, and the resulting shitstorm will fill at least two pages of the Bad Takes thread.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Pikavangelist posted:

Jim Cornette will get banned from Twitter, and the resulting shitstorm will fill at least two pages of the Bad Takes thread.

You sure it's the Bad Takes thread and not the Cornette Containment thread?
I mean, they are both full of bad takes, but...

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
Dynamite will beat Raw in the demo at least 3 times

NXT will either move to Peacock or transition to a simulcast on USA & Peacock

Walter will move to the US and wrestle on the main roster

If their contracts expire in 2022, Santana & Ortiz will leave AEW and join WWE

AEW will sign at least one of Matt Taven, Mike Kanellis, and Flip Gordon

Danhausen and the Briscoes will sign with AEW

Nobody on the WWE main roster will choose to leave WWE for AEW, all WWE-to-AEW acquisitions will be releases, NXT talent, or people WWE chose not to re-sign

WWE will sign at least 5 people who appeared as jobbers on the AEW youtube shows

The Rock will appear on WWE TV, either in the ring or, more likely, just in a video shown on the titantron

MJF wins the AEW world title

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
One last prediction

Michael Cole gets released by the WWE, Michael Coulthard debuts as a commentator on AEW to much acclaim.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
- AEW will have their first 2-time world champion

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cody will win the main title.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AEW will land a substantial international TV deal.

AEW will hold a Stadium Stampede match with fans

No wrestlers released by WWE in 2021 will hold AEW Gold in 2022.

Paige Van Zandt will wrestle on AEW Television

AEW will have at least five champions in 2022 who are under the age of 30 when they win their titles.

Daniel Cormier will have his first wrestling match against Bobby Lashley

ROH will in fact run shows in 2022

Billy Corgan's NWA will merge or be absorbed with another company.

Hook's first singles defeat will be to Jungle Boy

AEW will lose less than 30 wrestlers in 2022

WWE will start counterprogramming more AEW Content and it will backfire horribly

AEW will sign Maki Itoh full time.

PWG will be the location of the first ever meeting between an AEW contracted talent and a WWE contracted talent.

AEW Rampage will not move timeslots.

Psycho Clown will wrestle for AEW at least once and get to do his kickass entrance.

Katsuyori Shibata will have a regular rules singles match vs KENTA and KICK HIS rear end!!!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Welcome to the new year 2022! If you still have something you want to predict or perhaps adjust your existing ones, now’s the time to do so. I will add everyone’s guesses to the second post in about 12 hours.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know what's going to happen

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 1, 2022

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
my prediction is that Tony kban will do good tweets and everyone will say "wow Tony you sure are a good poster :)"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

YEAR 2021 HAS CONCLUDED AND IT IS TIME TO SEE WHO WAS THE PREDICTIONS MASTER!!!!!

Let's start with the ONE SHOT, ONE KILL award recipients: BrigadierSensible and Sanguinia!

Incredible! And if you think this highly prestigious award is too easy to get, the following forums posters "didn't get all of it", as they say: Pylons, edogawa rando, MassRafTer, Numero6, Reality Protester, Animal-Mother, RKRGoat, Macksy, super macho dude.

(note: one-shot predictions are not considered in the best percentage category)

Up next we have the winner of the A FOR EFFORT / VENOMOUS AWARD FOR VENOMOUS award, which goes to Venomous! Venomous was actually able to improve to 14.8% correct from last year's 7.9%!

edit: I had A PESSIMIST'S DREAM award here but it was incorrect because I'm dumb lol

We have a new special award to give out this year. Holla if you hear forums poster Guillermus who gets the 141 2/3 OUT OF 100 award!

It's time for the main event: the awards for the best percentage correct and most impressively correct predictions...

This year the "best percentage correct" award is named A WINNER IS YOU. Last year's winner Wazzu, who did not participate this year, has been dethroned by....... A Fancy Hat!

A Fancy Hat managed to get 4/6 individual items or 66.67% correct! AEW did not beat RAW at any point (right?) and WWE didn't do insane publicity poo poo, but WWE DID lose Daniel Bryan (1 point) who has made people remember why he's amongst the best wrestlers of all time (1 point), and also we did get crowds back in the fall (1 point) and AEW has indeed been whipping WWE's rear end when it comes to attendance (1 point). Congratulations, A Fancy Hat!

And finally, previous champion Huntman did decently this time as well but someone else made some extremely clairvoyant predictions. I don't watch this promotion so maybe their predictions were obvious but to me it felt like IceAgeComing's guesses regarding STARDOM were so spot on that I shall give them the STAR MAN award for most impressively correct predictions!

- Stardom's anniversary show in March (there seems to have been another in October? I have no idea) drew over 3k people! I don't know about the expensive seats so whatever. Also didn't bother looking up the bigger venues bit.
- Yoshiko did wrestle Mayu Iwatani at that show. That was Yoshiko's only appearance in Stardom in 2021. Act Yasukawa and Kairi Hojo did not appear in Stardom.
- Suzu Suzuki retained the title, lost it to Fujimoto in January who in turn lost it to Tsukushi Haruka in November.
- NJPW did not hold a major show in the US but nothing was announced for next year
- NXT did not launch in 2021, probably in part due to COVID? In fact, it's probably not happening at all, so the rest of it doesn't apply
- I have zero idea about the British stuff and didn't feel like researching it. It does seem some stuff has been happening over there but no one's talking about it, so that stuff is partly correct I guess. I don't think too many promotions have gone down either?

Congratulations, IceAgeComing!

And one more time for clarity:

2021 prediction game winners:
STAR MAN (most impressively correct predictions): IceAgeComing
A WINNER IS YOU (best percentage correct): A Fancy Hat
141 2/3 OUT OF 100: Guillermus
A FOR EFFORT / VENOMOUS AWARD FOR VENOMOUS (tons of predictions, most of them wrong): Venomous
ONE SHOT, ONE KILL (100% correct with one prediction): BrigadierSensible, Sanguinia

This took me forever so I don't feel like editing the second post with 2022 predictions year today. IF you slip something in I will be very mad. Do not do it

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 2, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Welp, I'm already wrong on the WWE front this year, because I didn't think Roman would actually come down with the goddamn virus, so Brock Lesnar (the current WWE Champion) prooooobably won't win the Rumble, so that's a really loving good start lmao

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bringing over my prediction from the WWE thread: Rick Boogs will get pushed into a woodchipper in a failed effort to pop a rating

For an actual prediction, Brock will get covid by or after the Royal Rumble and WWE will panic book Triple H vs Roman at Wrestlemania

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 3, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can I add that Zyuria Nagano wins a TJPW title by the end of the year

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finally got around to doing this and god drat there were so many predictions for next year that they don't fit in a single post lol

Okay, I'll edit one half into the first post and the other half into the second post, I guess. Good luck everyone, feel free to post if you get something right or horribly wrong during the course of the year!

edit: Also if you made multiple posts that seemed like predictions to me I've tried to group them after each other. Do let me know if I missed something

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 4, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

sticklefifer posted:

-MLW's Azteca Underground spinoff doesn't end up happening

Update on this already: They couldn't find a long-term TV deal, so they're doing a "miniseries" of Azteca specials on Fite instead. I think this one should still count since the actual spinoff still isn't really happening and all their planned content will still be on MLW Fusion, but I'll gladly take the hit if it eventually does. Judges?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Update on this already: They couldn't find a long-term TV deal, so they're doing a "miniseries" of Azteca specials on Fite instead. I think this one should still count since the actual spinoff still isn't really happening and all their planned content will still be on MLW Fusion, but I'll gladly take the hit if it eventually does. Judges?

I’d say it’s half a point, it’s sort of a spinoff but not a full-blown one

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

-William Regal will leave WWE.

lmao didn't expect this so fast tbh

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Penguin Patrol posted:

lmao didn't expect this so fast tbh

Maybe you're the inverse me. Whereas some of my predictions have been proven wrong before 2021 even ended yours will all come true within months. Weeks maybe.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
oh can I make some last minute

DDT
- Yuki Ueno will win the KO-D Openweight Championship
- Yuji Hino will get pushed, reaches the finals in D-Oh Grand Prix
- Akito will have an absolute banger of a match with somebody
- Kazusada Higuchi will get a shot at either the Universal or Openweight title

Dragongate
- Masquerade will break up
- R.E.D. will finally implode
- Eita will turn face
- HYO will turn face
- Shun Skywalker will turn full heel
- Dragon Dia and Yuki Yoshioka will either have the singles match they were meant to have, or become a hot tag team
- Naruki Doi will betray Takashi Yoshida
- Natural Vibes will stay happy throughout the year (god I hope so)
- Big Boss Shimizu will acquire a new nickname for himself
- Separados will still be muted whenever Ultimo Dragon comes out
- More NOAH people will work in DG and it will be well-received

TJPW
- Maki Itoh will (finally) beat Miyu Yamashita, but it's not for a title
- Shoko Nakajima will win the Princess of Princess championship
- Hyper Misao will have a perfectly normal singles match with someone and it will be surprisingly good
- Yuki Aino will reach the semifinals in the Princess Cup
- ASUKA (Veny) will work more TJPW shows
- Yuna Manase will work more TJPW shows

NJPW
- New Japan will book a large venue and it will absolutely not draw
- Jay White will do cool things in Strong and miss the G1 again
- Master Wato will turn heel and break his dad's heart
- Hiromu will try to (properly) get in the G1 because why not
- House of Torture will continue to do House of Torture things, much to everyone's consternation, which Gedo and Togo will treat as positive
- Great O-Khan, G1 Finalist
- Taichi will get a shot at the IWGP World Heavyweight title

NOAH
- Keiji Mutoh will win the GHC National Championship
- A new person will join Kongo
- HAYATA will drop the GHC Jr. Heavyweight title, which will be hot potato'd around for at least 6 months
- More DG people will work in NOAH and it will be well-received

AJPW
- Another good wrestler will leave because of management
- Yoshitatsu will continue to be bad and full of himself
- Shotaro Ashino will not win the TC because AJPW hates good things
- Shuji Ishikawa (or Suwama) will book themselves to get over in a vanity feud

AEW
- PAC will win a singles belt. Idk which, I don't really watch AEW, but I like him!
- Cody will continue to do Cody things, infuriating everyone. Sorry guys it's working
- Kenny will return in the 2nd half of the year.

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 6, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Master Wato turning heel is a good one, I thought Tenzan was like "hey chill out bud" when Wato was challenging but this could just be me projecting.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

a cyborg mug posted:

I’d say it’s half a point, it’s sort of a spinoff but not a full-blown one

lmao I saw the first episode and it's literally just a joint MLW/The Crash show

I don't know why I expected something less budget from MLW

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

lmao I saw the first episode and it's literally just a joint MLW/The Crash show

I don't know why I expected something less budget from MLW

Oof, well

Full year ahead, who knows what’ll end up happening!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I'll still probably watch it to see Ricky Banderas and also just, lucha in english, but it's very disappointing.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

IGgy IGsen posted:

Maybe you're the inverse me. Whereas some of my predictions have been proven wrong before 2021 even ended yours will all come true within months. Weeks maybe.

Don't feel bad, my foolish Samoa Joe prediction has me back at square one. Really though Vince might forget he existed lol

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Maki Itoh wins the princess of princess Championship off Sakisami. I think she'll successfully defend against Yamashita, but I'm not sure that'll be this year.

Roman finally loses at SummerSlam

No woman in WWE main roster will hold a singles Championship except horsewoman, Asuka, or Io Shirai (it feels like a long shot to include Io).

Maki wins a non heavy metal Championship in DDT.

Miyu Yamashita challenges for an AEW Championship.

Jonathan Gresham will wrestle a mixed tag match in impact alongside Jordynne Grace.

A major streaming service (such as Netflix or Amazon) will somewhere in the world be at least in serious talks to fund a weekly wrestling streaming show.

Stardom will have another match over 5 stars.

I will go to see live wrestling in Adelaide and have a good time :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Bronn Breakker wins the NXT title but PSP has already turned on him due to Fed mismanagement

I guess at least I was half-right?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

me posted:

- There will be a major AEW talent who will jump to WWE main roster when they are offered a life-changing amount of money, blindsiding the fans.

:henget:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's over half-way into the year and I was checking some of my predictions, I wish I had been a little bolder/not as vague but lol at taking the L on thinking that both Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn would leave the WWE.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

On track to be horribly wrong yet again! LET'S loving GOOOOOOO :regd08:

Venomous fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hmm let's see

AEW:

PAC wins the AEW title - he won the AEW All-Atlantic champion
There will be a black TNT champion - Yep!
Tay Conti wins the TBS title - looking unlikely
The Owen Cup will not be for young talent - Yep!
There will still not be an AEW Trios title but PSP will keep on talking about it like it's coming next week - Yep!
Chris Jericho retires from in-ring competition - nope
Athena debuts for AEW, instantly looks like a star - Yep!
There will be another US/Japan Women's Eliminator tournament - nope
Cody hits a Pedigree - lmao
HOOK wins Rookie of the Year for 2022 - still expect this
Sammy's vlog gets more views for the year than BTE - who even cares

WWE:

Brock and Roman wrestle for the main title 3 times - not been counting but I'm pretty sure this is a yep
Goldberg beats Big E for the WWE title - E :(
An episode of Raw pulls below 1.3mil viewers - still got time
Bronn Breakker wins the NXT title but PSP has already turned on him due to Fed mismanagement - half right
NXT debuts a gimmick more offensive than Joe Gacy - does Lash Legend, professional wrestler count?
Joe Gacy gets a main roster callup - nope
NXT UK shuts down - nope
Ricochet is still working for WWE at the end of the year - looking good

NJPW:

COVID continues to block the use of foreign talent throughout the year, a biproduct of this is that the G1 will have no special attractions - Wrong!
Naito wins the G1 - we'll see
House of Torture splits off from Bullet Club, EVIL wins the NEVER title and SHO wins the Jr title - EVIL was NEVER champ for a bit
YOSHI-HASHI's trios reign comes to an end, his match quality falls back to pre-title levels - first part right but turns out he's still good!
Shooter returns from excursion, wears his Death Rider jacket as entrance gear - he carries it which is close enough
Shibata competes in a real match against ZSJ, a feud is built with KENTA for 2023's WK - nope

TJPW:

Maki Itoh wins the big one from Mizuki - :cry:
Miyu Yamashita makes an appearance in AEW - Yep!
Yuki Arai has a MOTYC - Yep!

General:

Eric Bischoff re-enters the business with a backer to set up a third major company - wow what was I thinking
Despite a lot of promotion WOW doesn't run a single show - I think they've done something on Youtube?
Kidd Bandit wins the IWTV title - go get em Bandit :unsmith: