Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

oh jay posted:

If Discovery Warner ends up owning the sole rights to some new "house bots", I must reiterate my desire for BattleBots to show up in MultiVersus.

Now I just want every fighting game to have at least one Roomba With A Knife character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

oh jay posted:

If Discovery Warner ends up owning the sole rights to some new "house bots", I must reiterate my desire for BattleBots to show up in MultiVersus.

I have no idea how they'd get them to work in game but if it means we get the BattleBox as a stage I'm in.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If anyone wants some Saturday plans, this weekend in the next NHRL event. Will be running 2 streams again across their 6 boxes.

Also a nonsense fight from a previous NHRL fight. 3 Egg beaters joined together without wheels!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSa7AJkjW70

Also everyone likes fire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDjrk-RMgk

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 9, 2022

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I am so excited to go to their December event. :10bux: for twelve hours of robot carnage. :black101:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Railing Kill posted:

I am so excited to go to their December event. :10bux: for twelve hours of robot carnage. :black101:

Should be a lot of fun in December, only the good bots that qualify throughout the year get to participate! Not as many of the eggbeater kit bots. Pretty sure Team Minotaur qualified a few bots during the spring event

Which is also why tomorrow should be a fun event, it's the last chance for teams to qualify for the December event! They have a full list of entries on the NHRL website, total of 104 - 3lb, 20-12lb, & 11-3lb bots so even with the double stream will probably be going late into Saturday night! Not too many Battlebot teams (captains at least) on the entry list though, likely still recovering from the filming and not having time to build bots.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 11, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seems NHRL is going to be giving $1 million to stem charities for the December event of the bot teams choice, I think it was $5k to every team's choice and $250k to the STEM charity for each of the weight bracket winners choice. And they also announced an additional $1 million dollars in the form of 100 grants to colleges for robotic combat!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Little less than 2 weeks from the NHRL finals for 2022. About the top 4 bots of each weight class from all the events this year compete!

And a video to go with the post above during the last event. There is $1 million dollars at stake for the competitor's Stem charities of choice! And also an additional $1 million dollars available with 100 $10,000 grants that colleges can apply for, not sure that whole process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQrfkntTzAc

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Just the top twelve or so this time, or will there still be a really big field for the event? We're making our way through the eleven hour event from November still, that had over 130 robots iirc.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's just the top 25-27 bots from each weight class from the past year. Usually the top 4 from each event qualify, but sometimes it's 5. It's still I think around ~50 fights per weight class, and I assume they won't run 2 streams together for the final, will still be a long day of fights!

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 6, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lots of information for Battlebots VII. New season returns January 5th. I will work on a new thread this week.

https://battlebots.fandom.com/wiki/BattleBots_World_Championship_VII

Things of note, season is increased to 19 episodes, instead of 14 last season. They are bringing back the Slugfest / Champions for next summer as well, not much on details of the format.

And with the 19 episodes they were able to pay the teams a stipend, and teams will get up to 4 qualifying fights before the tournament.

Jason Bardis is not on the judging panel this season, replaced by Fon Davis, who I guess was on the panel in 2016.

There is also this video with the full list of teams, and reserve bots at the event. (Reserve bots fill out fight cards, but don't get the 4 fights & tournament chance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6eTQ-YoA24

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, Jan 5? That's awesome. As is them kicking the teams some of the money and expanding the round robin tournament. All good signs for the future.

Jason was the dipshit one, right? I remember one of the dudes was constantly on the baffling side of 2-1 decisions.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

It's a Christmas miracle, that's all great news.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: @ them shoving a bunch of longtime losers who keep showing up into a "reserve bot" pile

I'm bummed there's no Tombstone, but apparently the Deep Six team built a Tombstone

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Agreeing with Chronojam, this is all great news.

Also it's great that Fon Davis is joining the show, he was best buds with Grant Imahara. :unsmith:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Looks like good news. Was the stipend the main reason Bite Force team didn't want to come back or did they have other grievances with BB?

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: @ them shoving a bunch of longtime losers who keep showing up into a "reserve bot" pile

I'm bummed there's no Tombstone, but apparently the Deep Six team built a Tombstone

Will have a lot to live up to the horizontal Deep Six

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

halokiller posted:

Was the stipend the main reason Bite Force team didn't want to come back or did they have other grievances with BB?

Cost was a big one, but mostly from an angle of increasing sustainable participation. Robots are expensive, and vacations can be expensive, and you need both for building/filming.

Anything BattleBots can do to remove barriers to compete will help. BiteForce wanted some commitments that the producers couldn't/wouldn't provide at the time. The whole thing about house robots and a long-running Vegas show could be a step towards changing that.

There have been times when it wasn't clear if/when the next seasons would be happening, and tight deadlines to plan poo poo out as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

New thread -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019601