Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

He’s not even playing that poorly I think? Just scored on Boxing Day.

He's been far from good enough, really not been scoring much at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Apparently the interview was recorded a few weeks ago which makes more sense, after being injured he was just coming off the bench for a few matches

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lukaku is frustrated because he came late, got injured then Covid and hasn’t been able to play. What else is he to say? Probably that he wishes people had reading comprehension. Definitely should have included that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

Lukaku is frustrated because he came late, got injured then Covid and hasn’t been able to play. What else is he to say? Probably that he wishes people had reading comprehension. Definitely should have included that.

I mean, you’re reading comprehensioning out the part where he seemed to complain about Tuchel’s system. It’s definitely possible to read it the way you’re saying, but it’s awfully phrased by Lukaku and seems to sound as though he’s complaining about Tuchel.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

It's a dumb thing for Lukaku to say to the press in that way, and it also stinks how Romano (isn't he mostly a transfer bollocks guy?) just happens to bring it up now that he's starting to get some minutes?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1476690082220417027?t=jiBQaOxR-iMgQSxPV3bpVw&s=19 someone jacked Cancelo

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Good solid play, no foul

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

now City players are getting burglarized to manufacture motivation because it's just so so easy you guys so so easy

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

I mean, you’re reading comprehensioning out the part where he seemed to complain about Tuchel’s system. It’s definitely possible to read it the way you’re saying, but it’s awfully phrased by Lukaku and seems to sound as though he’s complaining about Tuchel.

I agree with what you are saying. I think that most people, like garbage Chelsea twitter, are putting the wrong spin on it when considering the troubles he’s faced since joining.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
it does feel like lukakus always complaining about something though. like he doesn't have a single bone in his body that says just put your head down and get on with it. the inter supporters have literally no interest in him coming back if they have to pay a cent of his salary lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

also the timing with all the saudi buying inter rumors coming around is slightly funny, but i know the interview was recorded before that and also its not likely to happen

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1476877040850812930?s=21

"I only came to this poo poo fail club because none of the big teams wanted to pay my wages"

/
a man who loves chelsea and has been misconstrued by people who hate context

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also a very funny thing to say given Barcelona's current level.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Does he just want even more money or what the absolute daft oval office. He needs to be scoring more than 5 goals before going on like this at a club who’ve paid 100m for him tbh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He's got that transfer request saved in his drafts scheduled to send at 11:59:59 tonight, great Outlook work there son

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tbp posted:

it does feel like lukakus always complaining about something though. like he doesn't have a single bone in his body that says just put your head down and get on with it. the inter supporters have literally no interest in him coming back if they have to pay a cent of his salary lol

The curva nord put a banner this morning saying “those who run away in the rain don’t matter, those who stay through the storm do. Bye Romelu” so they are absolutely not having it lol

(I’m the 69)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bape Culture posted:

Does he just want even more money or what the absolute daft oval office. He needs to be scoring more than 5 goals before going on like this at a club who’ve paid 100m for him tbh

I get the vibe that he wants to be Hulk Hogan and then have him and ten of his best Hulkamates show up to the Survivor Series where they all enter to his music, plus they solve crimes in a speedboat

I think that was basically Inter's gameplan and most of that interview is him saying he'd never have left Inter if they'd paid him properly

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lukaku to Newcastle like 8 years after I wanted it to happen. Do it

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

ilmucche posted:

Lukaku to Newcastle like 8 years after I wanted it to happen. Do it

tasty

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Has he considered that it’s usually hard to get a transfer to a top level club when you’re not a top level player?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Xabi posted:

Has he considered that it’s usually hard to get a transfer to a top level club when you’re not a top level player?

Johnathan Woodgate says hi

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Xabi posted:

hmmm

https://twitter.com/fcbarcelona/status/1230436123580739584?s=21
https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1432879622170021892

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Xabi posted:

You don't have to be a......

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Gigi Galli posted:

The curva nord put a banner this morning saying “those who run away in the rain don’t matter, those who stay through the storm do. Bye Romelu” so they are absolutely not having it lol

italians being overdramatic? No

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

EC10 posted:

all of your posts suck dude

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

EC10 posted:

You know you’re right, ultras everywhere are known for their calm, measured and logical responses to situations. These guys are loose cannons.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EC10 posted:

nawilo_420 posted:

all of your posts suck dude

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Waiting for the stroke of midnight and all the worlds too footy stars to sign for Newcastle

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Did Lukaku agitate for a move? I thought the split from inter with Inter getting all of the money was relatively amicable. Kinda surprised the ultras are angry about it.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Did Lukaku agitate for a move? I thought the split from inter with Inter getting all of the money was relatively amicable. Kinda surprised the ultras are angry about it.

it more he spent the whole summer very publicly lying about how much he wanted to stay and achieve with inter, only to about turn as soon a good offer came.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

on the other hand he may just not be the smartest bulb in the flowerbed

seeing as how his response to being called a big slow idiot on twitter was to yell "would a big slow idiot post all the united players' sprint test times, publicly, on twitter? would he?" in a stephen merchant voice, while publicly posting all of the united players' sprint test times publicly on twitter

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

FullLeatherJacket posted:

on the other hand he may just not be the smartest bulb in the flowerbed

seeing as how his response to being called a big slow idiot on twitter was to yell "would a big slow idiot post all the united players' sprint test times, publicly, on twitter? would he?" in a stephen merchant voice, while publicly posting all of the united players' sprint test times publicly on twitter

lol classic

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Waiting for the stroke of midnight and all the worlds too footy stars to sign for Newcastle

Trippier is going to be the first one

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

HappyCamperGL posted:

it more he spent the whole summer very publicly lying about how much he wanted to stay and achieve with inter, only to about turn as soon a good offer came.

It was this; he never said he wanted to leave but he hosed off as soon as a reasonable offer came in. Inter definitely needed to sell, so both parties wanted it but he spent a lot of time saying how much he loved it at inter and he wanted to play there forever, etc.

Ultras, as usual, didn’t need to say anything, but they did anyway. Honestly that’s the softest “nah gently caress off” I’ve ever seen. I don’t think they really dislike him at all, and Inter is doing very well without him. I imagine if they were in 10th right now it’d be a different story.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Not sure whether that deal they were talking about in the MLS thread has gone through but insigne to Newcastle has the right level of 'big name signing who'd disregard the chance of relegation and take the money' imo

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

CyberPingu posted:

Johnathan Woodgate says hi

USUALLY ffs

The point being that Lukuka perhaps just isn't very good.

Xabi fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 1, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1477286019351425028

oof

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/FootbaIIForAIl/status/1477289319559794694?t=ArBtp3GfLybQ58qzw8C-Gw&s=19

loving top banter from the lads

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Wow God drat if only they had been that up for in on the pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ahahah