Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I wonder if a team has ever scored a goal during a walkout. Do you continue to walk as the ref calls for a penalty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Arsenal has been a frustrating place to play as a senior player. It's not news to anyone. Lack of trophies always means the best players, especially ones in their late 20s and early 30s, leave. Been that way since the end of Henry's original stint.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Ferguson 528
Wenger 476
Moyes 237

240 games, with the 45.65% win rate he's had at West Ham, means he could celebrate overtaking Wenger in 14 years, then another 3 years to catch up to Fergie. He's only 58 now (yeah I was surprised too) so it's not impossible.

Not gonna lie, I thought he would have been younger and just artificially aged by his time desperately yelling at Wayne Rooney.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Worst case, there's always footybite or rojadirecta

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I'd be interested in the Arsenal fans opinion on Pepe though, he doesn't seem to play much from what I've seen and 72m is serious money.

Pepe is one of those players that is capable of pulling off something amazing occasionally, but usually wastes a possession and is not very good at tracking back consistently. He'll have patches where he looks motivated and helps in defense, but more often than not will raise his arms and look at the ref if he gets hit by a strong breeze or looks despondent after losing the ball instead of running back to help.

He's one of those players that would probably be great on a team with a midfield that plays possession better, but that's not Arsenal.

The only reason he cost that much was because of the shady poo poo the former middle management guy was doing, Sanlehi or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Pepe should have been more American. Then he would have been Kevin Durant.