Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah...Oregon.

They're wearing those egg shell jerseys again? I'm going to blame that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oregon shows some life?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
*meeping intensifies*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Was just going to say Oregon's D is just barely doing enough to sort of keep them in the game if their offense gets anything going, then that happened.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

harperdc posted:

if this means Utah goes to the Rose Bowl, they are going to eviscerate whoever the Big Ten sends out there, both of their lines are doing loving work

I think I read somewhere that if the Big 10 sends a team to the playoff that whoever else went to the B10 title game gets the rose bowl bid?

So if that is correct...Iowa and Utah if chalk holds has potential for some batshittery one way or the other if Utah gets a little loose with the ball like they are tonight. I don't know how Iowa moves the ball of course but I don't know how they're 10-2 either so.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
WKU gave it a good shot at coming back but if they don't convert this I'm counting out the large red mascot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Uh, well they converted and then the refs got involved and basically they converted to where the play ended after a bunch of explanation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
UTSA safety got fooled by a ghost running a route underneath there apparently.

It's not over, but it still doesn't look good for WKU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew if his knee didn't go down that's a quick forward progress call.

Ah his knee was down, good job refs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
High risk play there if you were actually thinking about going for it on fourth by UTSA, WKU has a chance with about a minute left and no time outs from their 22.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
UTSA with the self destructive fake injury there?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Utah isn't a perfect team but man when they get their teeth into you you're in goddamned trouble.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was about to be mad thinking they called that DPI on the most uncatchable ball in the world, but holding is a legit call on the replay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

All that for 6 yards, barely.

I was like, well it worked I guess, but you'd probably rather have that play go for a TD? And not have to break it out to make a 3rd and 5.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Extremely cowardly field goal but I guess it's not insane to put your hopes in your defense winning the game :shrug:

I mean if you have OSU's defense and OSU's offense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ok better news NIU looks like they’re walking away with the MAC.

Weren't they like the anti-Nebraska this year? Barely winning a whole lot of games they should have lost or something.

Can't claim to have followed them, just remember seeing someone say that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew, getting short on time here Pokes.

I get punting here too, like I get kicking that field goal. But...getting short on time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And the short stop catches the pop fly for a first down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god if Oklahoma State flames out on the goal line again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:lol: oh my god that is the perfect Oklahoma State ending.

Whenever they're good it's going to hurt in some fashion if you're a fan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man just dip your shoulder and bet that you can power through that. Whatever you do, don't do what you did. I'm frustrated and I dislike both of these teams!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still can't get over how all he needed to do was run to the pylon and this is bothering me way too much, ha.

It would have taken a superhuman tackle to stop him from where they both were, but at least that would have been cool. Instead the man just dove out of bounds and we've got a new meme.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wilderthanmild posted:

Isn't trying to call timeout with no timeouts a penalty? I could have sworn it was. I dunno if would have made any difference, bit it seemed really weird to me because I could have sworn I saw that called either unsportsmanlike or delay of game before when someone called timeouts without any to call.

Apparently there was a play clock issue and they ignored the whole timeout thing because they realized that first (or were just giving them a break because there was a different issue, idk).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Woodchip posted:

Wait, Cal-USC is at 11 Eastern? Time for vodka redbull and clownball.

USC almost had a player rebellion about playing this game because it means so little, only true sickos will watch it.

I may watch it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Seems like Cinci starts slow a a fair amount which...well they eventually crush whoever they've played but is not ideal.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Whew they almost started with a pick 6.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

is Napier coaching the championship game?

I assumed he wasn't because App State was favored in the pickem but apparently he is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, Cinci guy politely standing back but still mean mugging the UH QB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That Georgia blocker just got thrown like 5 yards by someone on Bama but the guy he was blocking couldn't make the play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mesh eating Cinci'd D alive on that fourth down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:ohdear: Bearcats

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just remembered the year Holgerson really cynically tried to redshirt everyone important on his team after they got off to a slow start and then they all transferred.

Disappointed that Houston has recovered.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Checked into the right play but zero execution there by Georgia.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zwabu posted:

Dawgs have seemed considerably less agressive on the pass rush today than I expected.

I don't understand how they watched what a mediocre Auburn did to Bama last week for 98% of the game and are not doing better here. Or what Bama did to compensate after getting dominated I guess, I'm sure that happened too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wow I was sure he missed that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How is that not a TD, but also how in the world did he catch that?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Proteus Jones posted:

Houston just gave up a ton of yards with that DPI

One of those points where it feels like they gotta score on this drive to get the taste of that out of their mouth, because that's one that you can sit down and whine a whole lot about.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

One of those points where it feels like they gotta score on this drive to get the taste of that out of their mouth, because that's one that you can sit down and whine a whole lot about.

And...um, that won't help.

e: He was throwing to a guy who was triple covered if the linebacker underneath didn't pick it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mikeraskol posted:

Even if Bama goes on to lose this game it feels like Young has pretty much locked up the Heisman with that first half. Who else is even in the picture?

Pitt guy I guess? How did MSU's RB finish the season, he was making noise earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I swear Cincinnati just strangles teams in the second half.