Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Yes! I actually had already started my third re-read a few days ago, which is my second re-read of the year (first back in February). I didn't originally care for it so much the first time around about two years ago (the same went for a lot of the Susan/Death books in general). On second try however, this rocketed straight to one of my top favorite Discworld titles, and I decided to revisit again at a more seasonally appropriate time.

MockingQuantum posted:

Oh also sometimes the jokes and references in Discworld books can be a touch... uh... esoteric, especially if you're not British, ime. This website has been a big help in explaining references that I just flat out don't get: https://www.lspace.org/books/apf/

Thank you! One of the things that made my second reread so enjoyable was picking up on all the odds and ends that passed me by the first time around - which is not unusual with Discworld/Pratchett rereads, but I think I still managed to spectacularly miss out on quite a lot. Looking forward to glancing at this to pick up on previously undiscovered little jewels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU