Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe
Today's video reminded me of why I basically never got past the first Barabas fight on console: there was a move unlock related to that, but the move really wasn't well-suited to the fight iirc. Having all the moves unlocked from the start sounds nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Wow, that was probably the best level so far. The way the fights were set up was really good. I know some portion of that is effort on your part, but so many of the throws were so cool this time. The environment just felt better. Given the option in a video game, though, I'll never not throw someone down some stairs, so maybe I'm biased.

Also, maybe I've just lost faith in justice systems or something, but I'm pretty firmly on the side of killing Griffin. Neutralize the threat. The man's not only TCTF black ops, he's doing things like repurposing your friend's corpse against you. He can't be trusted.

I honestly expected him to start a brawl after telling Konoko she could walk away, though, so my instincts are off.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

MShadowy posted:

Basically this; when I played this back in the aughts I let Griffin go simply due to video game conditioning about good and evil, but with the distance of years, god drat, what a piece of poo poo.

Loxbourne posted:

A pity they can't offer Konoko amnesty to de-escalate the situation, but the game needs enemies to fight.

The classic problem with video game good/evil choices is that most games, just like this one, only ever give you the option of violence. That's the verb you have. You can do more or less of it, but you have countless deaths/trauma on your hands and then you're asked to treat someone, often the most evil piece of poo poo, as an impossibly precious human life that's obviously inviolate. Because suddenly you have the option to.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

I can definitely say I did not expect that ending. Also lol at Konoko's full power tossing Griffin like a doll. Did you try for that camera angle?

I only have a single game writing credit so I'm not an expert or anything but I wish there was a LITTLE more to the Griffin ending. I don't need resolution or anything, but...as presented, so much of the story is Griffin and Konoko. Muro is sort of a background villain. So end it with Griffin and Konoko...unless Griffin's dead. Then end it with Griffin's grave and Konoko.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

berryjon posted:

Which leads me into why the combat video got scrapped. There's too much. Or rather, there's a wide branching tree of styles and combat moves to work with. To start with, there are three generic skeletal structures. Female, used for Konoko, the Furies, and the generic female NPCs. Male-small, used for Griffin, the Ninjas, Kerr, and the other 'tall and thin' males. Then lastly, there was Male-Large, used for most of the TCTF and Syndicate enemies including Barabus, with the occasional civilian NPCs being big guys. Yes, there were exceptions. Muro and Muro Imago have unique skeletons, as does Shinatama(!).

Just an idea and not a request because I'm not sure how painful it'd be, but would releasing that in smaller bits instead of one video make it palatable? Maybe just the stuff you find most interesting, if you already have the footage for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

ah that would suck. Well thanks for the LP :D