Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah yeah I guess they could still come back and win it in the playoff...

Just use the SEC championship trophy

A+ thread title though :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You mean beating two teams who choke in big games in the same day?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SourKraut posted:

Because it'd be hilarious for Cincinnati to somehow pull out the upset over Alabama

:agreed:

Although I'd rather see them beat Georgia so it's the G5 team over the team that didn't win its conference.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Then it's settled. Let's rehire the guy with a bad heart, Parkinson's disease, and no desire to coach anymore.

(btw, these relentless WHYDJA FIRE RICHT things are gonna get real funny in the next few years as the Richt Era transitions into the Bad Years. And that second SECCG win was the last he'd ever get; he doesn't even win the division for another half-decade)

I mean, at least your team's coach comparison is winning 80% of your games versus Nebraska's "hey you thought Bill Callahan was bad? Look at Frost's record!"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also Baylor clearly ought to be ranked over ND and probably over Ohio State too, gently caress alla y'all.

I was just about to post this about Ohio State's ranking. But whatever.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

wanna dust off my ps2 and play with those sick polygon block characters. Which one was the year they did the whole program discipline system? lol

I think it was '06 and/or '07

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao two of the biggest party schools in the country converging on Vegas.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like that they copied the little "History of the SEC" tidbit right from the SEC's website.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

GD_American posted:

I cannot begin to quantify the amount that Kirk Herbstreit can get hosed

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1468344560258621443

I'm gonna laugh if ESPN gives him a talking to for using "bitching"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

With opt outs happening, the NCAA really needs to allow kids to play in Bowl Games and not have them count towards their redshirt games.

This is a great idea.

Also, Nebraska signed Decoldest Crawford. loving fantastic name.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I didn't follow college football as closely in 2020. But with this bowl game stuff and how the pro leagues are getting ravaged - was it this bad in 2020? I'm wondering if I'm just remembering it correctly or not.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

General Dog posted:

It was pretty bad. By my count there were four games where a matchup was set and then either replaced a team or was cancelled altogether. Also about of the quarter of the bowls didn't even try to hold the game.

:stare: Okay yeah I was totally misremembering.

downout posted:

I got an electric smoker for christmas, and I'm expected to make a prime rib in two days. Help me bbq maniacs

From what I've been able to coble together my recipe should look something like this:

Coat prime rib in olive oil, worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, pepper. Smoke for ~4 hours at 225 F. Remove when 10 degrees less than desired temp (aiming for medium) and do a reverse sear (450 for ~20 min) up to desired temp. Also I think I'm supposed to put a water bowl and mesquite chips in there.

edit: On-topic, I'm surprised OSU is a ~6 point favorite over Utah. Maybe the new def coach will help.

Come on over to the smoking thread! To answer though, one or the other on oil/Worcestershire. 4 hours is way too long from what I remember from doing mine last year. But my temp was closer to 250F and I pulled the roast at 118F internal.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A Sciano man is always ready

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Though it was an asskicking from start to finish, the biggest thing that UGA did was just dominate the line. We took they playmakers out of the equation at the line and it obviously worked. Bully-ball, y'all:

https://twitter.com/FTB_Vids_YT/status/1477119047678365699

This is incredible footwork and technique.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's exactly what I was hoping would happen. Not because I wanted the girl to get hurt or anything but a Kansas QB loving up a trick shot to the point someone gets injured just feels right.

Wasn't there a UConn QB who was doing a bunch of trick shot videos a few years back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo that was unexpected.

But fitting for a UConn QB to be a loser :v: