Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
No thanks... The last isometric furniture I purchased kept having buggy hitboxes. Collision wasn't meant to be diagonal! What's more, the whole "no need to buy two bookcases, an iso southeast facing one can be flipped to become southwest facing" didn't work out due to the light source getting flipped as well... I suppose I could do a bit of recoloring, in the light source... but all things considered, gonna stick with orthogonal furniture for now

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

Apropos of nothing, here is some of my favorite tile-based isometric game art:

by Mother 3 Art Director Nobuhiro Imagawa, to celebrate the game's 13th anniversary

from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

by Paul Robertson

blaise rascal

deep dish peat moss posted:

I don't know how to explain it but isometric stuff always feels so much more, idk, logical. Like everything is naturally broken into clearly distinct blocks and measurements and to draw something isometric you just need to think about it block by block and you can draw anything

Yeah! I think iso art is especially beautiful for buildings, and other blocky objects like cars. I think iso figures like people can be tough to get looking right, which might be why I sometimes see iso worlds populated by side-view people.

Your iso art so far looks awesome! Excited to see what else you make.

Not to coach you, because I suck at art, but you may consider hue-shifting a bit. Imo, that's what makes the water temple look so cool; the dark areas are extremely shifted toward blue, and the bright areas quite shifted toward yellow. Here's a quick tutorial on hue shifting.

https://twitter.com/ENDESGA/status/971690827482202112