Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
Quick note: from everything I've found on the 'net (and I searched a good bunch to compile a little skill database), Mag and Vit don't do anything to change the amount of damage you take. Vit's effectively the only real defensive stat, and that's more "take more damage before you die" than "take less damage in general".

I'd probably specify that Mag affects magic accuracy (I don't think it affects magic evasion at all?), too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I knew about the Demi-Fiend having an innate resistance to light and dark but I didn't know it worked like that. :psyduck: Site I looked at made it seem like it was just a hidden resistance on the magatama, so a weakness was still a weakness and explicitly listing a resistance to light/dark was redundant because you're already naturally resisting them :v:

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I mean. They are, but I wouldn't say that makes them Law by themselves. They're not doing it out of a sense of moral obligation, they're doing it so they get what they want.

And there's no other way to get what they want besides gathering a shitton of Magatsuhi and destroying anyone in theirway.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

Fun fact: Meditation is, on paper, a stronger version of another skill, Life Drain! It is stronger, so long as the user is under level 28.

Once the user is at (or above) level 28, however, they're for all intents and purposes the same thing, due to a quirk with how magic damage is calculated - after a certain level it's based entirely on secondary, non-power attributes of the spell and Life Drain and Meditation share those secondary stats.

Daisoujou is never less than level 28 so Meditation is, for all intents and purposes, a fancy Life Drain. :v: