Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
my local sonic has been ON FUCKIN POINT with the tots for the last few months. perfectly salty, slightly overdone and crunchy on the outside but still warm and pillowy on the inside, holy poo poo, they're like to tots what the donalds is to fries when you get that perfect batch.

don't forget TIS THE SEASON that cranberry is an option for all your limeade needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

drat, tots AND jalapenos in my burrito? is it my birthday??

every day is your birthday at Sonic Drive-In my son

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

for a "special treat" order one of their soft pretzels with a tub of cheese dipping product and then dip your mozzarella sticks and/or ched r peppers into the cheese dipping product

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

never would have caught him if they still kept the employees on roller skates

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

gotta go fast (to get a Red Bull Summer Edition Strawberry Apricot Slush)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i always knew that out of all the fast food chains, it is sonic that loves me the most

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

pickle burg needed more pickles, think the dilly ranch or w/e just needs to be like 500% more dill to make it really work, whataburger with mustard and extra pickles remains my go-to for taking me to tang-town

pickle fries on their own are fantastic

saw they had "sweet cream" as a flavor add on and tried to get some in a dr pepper to find out what the gently caress that was all about and the hop came out before the food to ask what the gently caress that was all about and i shrugged and said "just gimmie vanilla in it"

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i used to be team cherry limeade until i realized they had cranberry limeade on the exact same ding dang menu

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

they tried but all their new POS systems got sent to all the worst gas stations in your local area for some reason instead

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i almost never go for the burgs at sonic, but they're solid. i do the BIG TEXAS CHEESEBURGER (rip jack in the box value menu goat) order at a lot of fast food places, just meat and cheese with extra pickles and mustard, and i did that at sonic the other night and it was reeeeeal good for hittin' that craving. sonic's also good if you want a chili-cheese burger, 'cause that ain't just for coneys and tots.

make mine two frito chili wraps, a rt 44 cranberry limeade, and an order of mozz sticks or ched'r pepps -- and a pretzel twist if i'm feelin' hyper goony, because their cheese paste they serve with it?

lean in real close now

closer

you can dip the cheeze sticks into the cheeze dip

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

they own actually better luck next time

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The ice is so good cause they got those singing dudes from Frozen who disappear after 30 seconds

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Twenty Four posted:

Once again, I suggest anyone who likes the cherry limeade at Sonic get the cranberry limeade, unless you just flat out hate cranberries. It's one of my all time favorite hot summer day refreshing drinks. The cranberry limeade is like the cherry, but the extra tart and sweet contrast makes it even better.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

rookie mistake not to get the tendies with the gravy (even though sonic gravy is just sex on the beach because it’s loving close to water)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

coffee this morning was rancidly sour, completely fuckin undrinkable, usually sonic's coffee is a pretty good creamy treat, absolutely unacceptable, please change the thread title tia

sent an app report because local sonics can't/don't do refunds anyway and they responded basically "lol that sux"

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Went to the Sonic and had their new Buffalo Chicken Bites. They were pretty good! Maybe a little dry? They could have used some blue cheese.

But the fried crackery shell was the star of the show, seriously. They were like if combos, if combos were a different product entirely. I ordered the 5-pc but I guess no one is buying them, because it came with like 7. A solid B+. Thank you for reading my review.

yeah i really like the fried wonton shell they're using for these things, even if they're crying out for a blue cheese dip to go with them; looking forward to more varieties of goo filling them

sonic's app is great for customizing stuff but i hate it when there are also weird limits on what food can be added to what other food because if i want to add chili to my breakfast burritos then let me live my best life

also once ordered "sweet cream" flavor added to a dr. pepper and they gave me a vanilla dr. pepper because quote "we didn't know what that meant"

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

waiting with bated breath for them to bring them back filled with their chili and cheese

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i've had some godawful fried pickles; i'd rank sonics at "merely okay" on the scale, but ours also puts out like perfect model ideal tater tots so they're just doin something right with their frier

weirdly the best fried pickle game around here is at the movie theater

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

lol i had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from starbucks yesterday and they didn't put any bacon either on it

meat strike in full effect

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

sonic had a heavy, heavy hand with the cranberry syrup in the limeade tonight and it was good as hell

that pb burger is just okay, wouldn’t bother with it over their normal burg or the garlic butter one

the Buffalo dip bites are back tho

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

they should be putting at least a couple of squeezed lime halves in it so yeah if they're not they're fuckin it up

(also if you are always up for Lime Time like myself, this poo poo is invaluable to have on hand at all times)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

all of their fruit flavors are fantastic, yeah; lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit. i keep lime and grapefruit on hand all the time and occasionally get a box of the other two for variety. i got a free sampler of their "lemonade" flavors at one point though and those come from sucralose hell, do not recommend.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

anyone try their pulled pork, anything worth a drat?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Holy hell the pulled pork really was good. I got it on the tots because we have a pretty fuckin S-tier sonic when it comes to tots always being salty and extra crispy, and they managed to give me nary a soggy tot in the entire sleeve despite the cheese and bbq sauce. But the pork had a nice peppery seasoning to it, there was just the right amount to have some with all the tots without too much pork or too much potato left at the end, and the bbq sauce was not as cloyingly sweet as I expect from fast food places (though it still was).

It’s not what I go to Sonic for and idk if I’ll have it again before it’s gone but real good for a seemingly weird flex.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah sonics do seem to vary wildly by location too (the one a little further from us is decidedly mid tier, and ours turns out pretty much ideal sonic hot food but is extraordinarily skimpy with ice cream toppings / shakes and has had weird issues with their iced coffee often enough that we just stopped going there for route 44 caffeine jolts on the weekend) but I’ve never been to one that hosed up a limeade.

except just a little up thread someone went to one that hosed up a limeade.

sonic is a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait wait wait

What are totchos?

tater tots with nacho toppin's, aka loaded tots, aka the greasy nuggs, aka sloppin spuds, aka cleveland crunchems