Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

McGavin posted:

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

hasn't helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Mozi posted:

Michele Paiva, a psychodermatologist at...

I never use anything but my hands to scrub my face, but you'll take bath poufs which create ultra-lather from my dead loving hands. Bath time is worth nothing if you can't be covered in bubbles.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Even if you just stick to bar soap, a cheap bath puff or loofah can make it so much easier to lather that you use less for each lather and extend the life of the soap product. Or gently caress at least a washcloth, in a pinch. What the gently caress kind of monster rubs the bar directly on their body?

You lather your hands, then rub those along your body

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Something Awful goons instructing me on how to use soap

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

GoBob posted:

White people

More like white men who are paranoid that having pale skin and a dick doesn't mean they're an invulnerable demigod who's entitled to whatever he wants.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I use bar soap and a washcloth. Pretty simple and we get lots of lovely scents. We order it from a small business in Idaho, though, so for all we know we're funding white supremacists.

E: our current soap bar is lemongrass scented.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Big Beef City posted:

That's why I bathe myself in other men's balls.
That way I keep that ultra manly and exceptionally straight and not gay at all scent of PURE MAN soaked into my pores every waking second.

This is some deep wisdom, men. Take heed

McGavin posted:

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Just reading the explanation of your routine has just sapped any energy I might have possessed today. Thanks a lot

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Crazy Wild Dicks Soap
It's lanolin and vodka.
You know what lanolin is?
It's poo poo they squeeze out of sheep hair.
But guess what?
We leave some of the hair right in the loving bar.
It's like your rubbing Lambchop on your loving shaft every time you shower you stupid gently caress.
Come out mostly clean and smelling like the stable JESUS was born in. gently caress!

Lanolin is actually nice in soap. https://www.amazon.com/Mitchells-Wool-Fat-Soap-Approx/dp/B003IX7CFM

its all nice on rice posted:

I use bar soap and a washcloth. Pretty simple and we get lots of lovely scents. We order it from a small business in Idaho, though, so for all we know we're funding white supremacists.

E: our current soap bar is lemongrass scented.

https://goatmilkstuff.com/pages/about-goat-milk-soap-family

quote:

The Jonas family is a God-loving, hard-working, ever-learning family that seeks to honor Jesus in all that we do. We began Goat Milk Stuff to share the goodness of goat milk with others, to bring Jim home full-time, and to provide an environment where the children could learn to be entrepreneurs.

Farm life is wonderful for raising children and we are super excited to be able to share not only our Goat Milk Stuff when you shop on our site, but to be able to share a piece of our lives whether you are reading PJ's blog, watching our YouTube videos, or visiting us here on the farm.

As the children and Goat Milk Stuff have grown, we've been able to watch all of these goals come to fruition. We have a very simple philosophy when it comes to parenting and educating our children. It can be summed up as follows:

We get asked a lot of questions about ourselves, so we decided to answer some of the more common ones below. Thanks for all of your support of Goat Milk Stuff!

Everything is a God issue and a learning opportunity (including making and selling goat milk soap). Hard work builds character which is an essential ingredient to a successful life. Each of our children are unique individuals with unique strengths and weaknesses and are raised as individuals. The family unit is a team and we all are sometimes called to sacrifice for the team.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Mozi posted:

Michele Paiva, a psychodermatologist at PĀIVÄ Skincare, adds that a "loofah can drive old cells and debris into pores." And that especially applies to your face.

"I prefer clients to use their fingertips to cleanse the face, as they can feel the skin and connect mind to body," Paiva says. "It allows the skin to be cleansed thoroughly and gently. Case in point: estheticians use hands, not loofahs, for facials."

Wait, hands?
That's right! Scrubbing up with your hands is recommended.

"It’s best to just wash with our hands," suggests Erum Ilyas, MD, MBE, FAAD. "Loofahs have been well-documented reservoirs of bacteria. They have been shown to grow Pseudomonas, Klebsiella, Enterococcus, Staphylococcus, and more. If you couple the fact that the bacteria are trapped in the fibers of the loofah and that these sponges are used to exfoliate the skin, the risk of infection is much higher. Meanwhile, our hands can be easily cleaned."

I used to use a stiff bristled brush to scrub off dead skin and grime but I noticed it would usually give me, well, pimples especially on my legs. They seem to have gone away after I stopped with the brush.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
these REAL MEN soaps are more about smelling manly enough that homosexuals won't mess with you than attracting women

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anything with an artificial fragrance in it makes me break out in such insane body acne that I look like the fuckin’ Toxic Avenger.

Last time I tried one of these fancy soaps that smell like whatever, it was nice for two days before I exploded into gross zits everywhere. I bet this poo poo would do the same. So, at least I don’t need to worry about this awful marketing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i like this soap

it has scratchy bits in it that feel good. i used to use the dove men's soap but it melts too quickly and feels like a ripoff. this is better

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Play posted:

This is some deep wisdom, men. Take heed

Just reading the explanation of your routine has just sapped any energy I might have possessed today. Thanks a lot

It's a quote from American Psycho I'm pretty sure.

Goat milk soap owns btw

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Anything with an artificial fragrance in it makes me break out in such insane body acne that I look like the fuckin’ Toxic Avenger.

Last time I tried one of these fancy soaps that smell like whatever, it was nice for two days before I exploded into gross zits everywhere. I bet this poo poo would do the same. So, at least I don’t need to worry about this awful marketing.

quote:

Pine tar is a form of tar produced by the high temperature carbonization of pine wood in anoxic conditions (dry distillation or destructive distillation). The wood is rapidly decomposed by applying heat and pressure in a closed container; the primary resulting products are charcoal and pine tar.

Yum.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I have a beard oil that smells like a burning pirate and my partners hate it. But you know what, when I slap that poo poo on my cheeks I can taste the rum on my tongue and feel the salt sting my eyes and that's the ONLY reason I look like I've been crying when I leave the bathroom.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Now theoretically & don't jump to conclusions like you always do you dumbsh*ts, theoretically if I ate an entire pine tar soap

and this is SCIENCE, this is just a theory & hypotheticality-making at this point & I haven't even eaten tiny pieces of pine tar soap yet & gradually consumed bigger chunks but had to stop because my boss called me into a meeting & made up some bullshit that the clients were freaked out by partly the intense pine tar smell but frankly mostly the pitch-black gums & spittle

theoretically, and I know alot about science theory as well as power science from Joe's the Rogan podcast ("eat your prote & clean your scrote, Darwinists!"), theoretically if I ate an entire bar of tar pine soap would that convince a Norway Spruce ("Picea abies") to throat-gently caress me with its powerful roots????

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

Goat milk soap owns btw

well im definitely not buying it from that nutcase fundie farming family/going media concern posted upthread

goat milk is better used to make goat cheese, which is better used inserted directly into my mouth

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Play posted:

well im definitely not buying it from that nutcase fundie farming family/going media concern posted upthread

goat milk is better used to make goat cheese, which is better used inserted directly into my mouth

Just rubbing some feta on dick n balls, huh?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

anatomi posted:

Now theoretically & don't jump to conclusions like you always do you dumbsh*ts, theoretically if I ate an entire pine tar soap

and this is SCIENCE, this is just a theory & hypotheticality-making at this point & I haven't even eaten tiny pieces of pine tar soap yet & gradually consumed bigger chunks but had to stop because my boss called me into a meeting & made up some bullshit that the clients were freaked out by partly the intense pine tar smell but frankly mostly the pitch-black gums & spittle

theoretically, and I know alot about science theory as well as power science from Joe's the Rogan podcast ("eat your prote & clean your scrote, Darwinists!"), theoretically if I ate an entire bar of tar pine soap would that convince a Norway Spruce ("Picea abies") to throat-gently caress me with its powerful roots????

No eating soap does not make you a video game druid. Sorry.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I use Dove unscented bar DIRECTLY ON MY BODY. :devil:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sophy Wackles posted:

I use Dove unscented bar DIRECTLY ON MY BODY. :devil:

Duke Cannon makes bigger bars. 10oz!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Thanks this has great reviews and everyone says its a nice hard bar that won't melt in the shower and lasts a long time as well as being gentle on the skin! And it isn't made by relegious fundies or require me to use a bacteria brush to apply it.

Screw body wash and loofas.

If I'm using a body wash I use a washcloth because then at least I can wash the drat thing and sterilize it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Trip report took shower and so I now smell like I rolled around in a campfire. A++ would soap again.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Are gays allowed to use this soap

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Why you're practically required to

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
What's so weird about pine tar soap or shampoo. Find 'em in every store here, smells good. Ever had pine tar candy? They're nice too.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

His Divine Shadow posted:

What's so weird about pine tar soap or shampoo. Find 'em in every store here, smells good. Ever had pine tar candy? They're nice too.
That's what I was saying. Apparently in the US though it's a TURBO MASCULINE MANLY MAN SCENT.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Elukka posted:

That's what I was saying. Apparently in the US though it's a TURBO MASCULINE MANLY MAN SCENT.

It's more that it's just not very common here. Neutrogena t/gel is pretty common but that's coal tar. You sometimes will see Grandpa pine tar shampoo/soap etc. but it's not an every store kind of thing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just rubbing some feta on dick n balls, huh?

If that's the way it's being served by the host, that's the way I'm eating it :colbert:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers like God intended.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the first one to mention Dr. Bronners?

ok well now I have.

and yes it is the best.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

No there's been quite a few bitching about weird religious cult soaps

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Soap and washing in general is a scam. That's why I burn pine logs in a smoke shed and bask in the smoke until I lose the strength to stand.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seems expensive

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goons: passionate opinions about soap/never use it.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I used to get this weird rash along my hairline and down my forehead and washing my hair with tar soap was the only thing that made it go away. Anyway that's my post thanks for reading you guys v:shobon:v

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Happy Landfill posted:

I used to get this weird rash along my hairline and down my forehead and washing my hair with tar soap was the only thing that made it go away. Anyway that's my post thanks for reading you guys v:shobon:v

That's your seam. Tug on it for a spooky surprise.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Shoulda opened a soap company. Nearly 10 quid for a bar of some of these soaps jfc.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I use J&J no more tears all body wash because I'm a baby op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

central dogma posted:

Shoulda opened a soap company. Nearly 10 quid for a bar of some of these soaps jfc.

That Marlowe one may be 9.50 usd but it's also 7ozs as opposed to a typical 4oz.

9.50/7 compared to Healthy Porcupine which is 7/4

So 1.36 per oz. vs 1.75 per oz. Not that either one is cheap. Dove on Amazon is like .30ish per ounce depending on how much and what type you buy.