Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
This is a good game introduction. Tells us all we need to know, and tells us enough to be intriguing.

This feels pretty cyberpunk honestly in general. Corrupt rear end corporation who does whatever it wants. The sheer amount of lies and corruption the game just demonstrates off the bat sets the tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly after ATOM I’m just glad that you’re LPing a game that isn’t explicitly dogshit anymore. I honestly had to stop reading ATOM because it was just getting tedious with how unrelentingly terrible it was.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I like how sensible it is. He's distrusting since he's been stung, so if you help him, he's in a much better mood. I think this is the first game to have just a completely benign friendly thing as a 'reward' for your actions, and it's refreshing. It's utterly unimportant but... who cares.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I’ll be honest, the scene that started with encountering that glowy woman was creeping me the gently caress out. That picture of her face, and the atmosphere in general just sucked me right in.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
This game is honestly excellent, but holy poo poo is it grim.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So that was several different chunks of context, all jumbled and tossed directly at our heads like a brick.

It’s good design at least to talk to the people we know first, to get more clear on some of the rules of this exposition, before throwing us in the deep end.

Certainly a way to cap the prologue.

Lots of questions, many of them jumbled. The important first one that comes to my mind, since it’s the most easily answered: how long has it been since we got sent to Nashville?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Something to note. TGEK didn't update her portrait to represent her talking, but if you look at the screenshots, Clara looks terrible at this point.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Is that accompanied by a third portrait?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Given that the game actually does give portraits to a fair amount of people, I'm sort of wondering if the low party limit is due to the game expecting a fresh player to accidentally miss a couple.

I like the party members reacting to each other, I wonder how long the game manages to hold that up. Normally details like that fall off later on, but the game has given a solid impression asofar.

Fight Club, if only because the idea of two dudes just going in melee while a random white coat freeze rays people is kind of silly.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That is by far the most responsive I’ve ever seen an RPG be in regards to getting caught stealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'm a bit slow catching up on the updates, but I will like to say that I kind of adore the character of Katarzyna. I'm not entirely sure I would've caught onto the subtext of her being a con artist of sorts if I was playing myself, mind you. But I like their writing of an absolutely manipulative character. I honestly can't think of another game where you have a party member who's manipulative like that. Thinking on it, it's probably because a manipulative character has to be able to play on people's desires or biases. And to do that, the game has to be world-built well enough for the manipulator to have something to work with, so that the writers can actually showcase the character doing their thing properly.