Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

some extremely good pics itt :eyepop:

in like feb 2020 i got a fancy camera again cause street photography suddenly sounded fun (lol timing).

look at that lil lens :3:

i went out once before the pandemic and got a few photos i actually like. they're quite underexposed cause i was playing with exposing for highlights and had the exp comp set too low. probably worth a fix but :effort:

definitely out of my comfort zone taking these, but playing with focusing at a certain distance and snapping away without drawing attention to myself was fun

run through two different image hosts and their own ways to fuckup jpgs for you're pleasure.

i have lots more of mountains and such but those are in the other other pics thread

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i appreciate critiques of my stuff but i'm not too likely to critique someone else's because we all value different things in photos and i'm not very good at this anyway :shrug:

here's my workflow: import pics into an old pirated version of lightroom, pick through some that seem worth keeping, decide it's too much effort/get depressed and close lightroom. felt cute, might edit later

sometimes it's the random unedited phone snapshots you love

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:eyepop: the perfect backpacking lens

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

went fir a hike :dadjoke:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

this is beautiful

i hope you don't mind but i used it as an example to literally illustrate my earlier point:

it's a blue-channel filtered b&w version. looks totally different right? :v:

thanks - and yeah i get that. the street photos definitely need some editing but they were all underexposed to start with and street photog was a curiosity from 3 years ago so i don't really want to put effort into them.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

those have great colors and the bridge one is reel nice

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

rah!

went hikin, couldn't decide on color or bw

mt. baker, washington

had a hazy, featureless sky with noon sun so i tried to show as little sky as possible while still making the mountain appear large

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

extremely
good
poo poo

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

rah!

went hikin, couldn't decide on color or bw

mt. baker, washington

had a hazy, featureless sky with noon sun so i tried to show as little sky as possible while still making the mountain appear large

this was the last post of page 20 and nobody empty quoted or even :nice:d my snapshots. i demand satisfaction

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

thank you

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:same:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hnnngh

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i like it, i'm just an idiot and better at guttural sounds than words

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i've been using https://imgbb.com/ because it's not designed to be as annoying as possible

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

cool bird pics

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

evergreens are the best. pretty all year and drop fun crunchy cones

other trees are only pretty when they're doing the seasonal die off. garbage

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Bloody posted:

all trees are good + pretty

well my mind is changed

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i tried reading that godel book in college and i’m clearly too dumb to understand its mystical ways

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

i took this picture a few years ago at random while i was walking through the woods and it has always been a personal favorite of mine

i'm not really sure why i like it so much, but to me it really captures the feeling of hiking in the woods in Austin

going to filter some of that water and get in the tent. goodnight

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

seems p simple

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yeah it says art right there

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

flower shots are usually pretty bad but that looks real good

orb photo looks like a render :eyepop:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

there's one right there. you can have it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

click for huge https://i.ibb.co/30SDyVm/DSCF1300-2.jpg

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

*quotes every post*

:nice:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

took some photos in the local park. not quite what i was going for but they’re alright

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i was going for a b&w street style of someone going over the bridge but didn't see any interesting people and the light never came

i got some good shots of light, and good shots of the bridge, but they never came together

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

^^^ very good

have some phone pictures

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:effort:

i want the fuji 80mm f/2.8 macro but it's $840 used :negative:

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 28, 2022

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

reminds me of return of the jedi lol. very good

iirc the forest scenes were shot in olympic national forest, so :yeah:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:hmmyes:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

blehhhhhh

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

cool bird pic

many people are saying this

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

x100v

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i don't want to shitpost in the dorkroom but those are some excellent squares

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

imagine the knob feel on that thing

e: not the cat

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

extremely excellent poo poo my friend

thank

echinopsis posted:

I’ve got a decent handful of people who have expressed interest in getting some photos - seem to have crossed some threshold in the local scene where people really like my work.

now I just need to have some good ideas and drum up some motivation. if I shoot with most of them, I reckon afterward I will have a decent portfolio and I tell myself I might advertise and try and make a couple bucks. it’s a big leap tho, feeling like you’re good enough.. but I suppose that’s why you put your work up and if people like it and sign up for it then .. anyway imagine that

you can and should do it echi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i kind of want to swap my xf 27 f/2.8 for a xf 23 f/2

need to see if it'll fit in my lil backpacking not a fanny pack. is a better lens worth the extra 100g? idk