Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Went to a baseball game over the weekend, decided to take an active role in taking more pictures in my life.

"Cameras with detatchable lenses" are specifically banned from Polar Park, so this was taken on my Galaxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

mediaphage posted:

raddddddd

lmao *brings sony rx1r*

(too expensive for me to have in addition to other cameras but i did lust after one for a while)

I'm lusting after it right now.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Right now my skill ceiling is below even what my Olympus E-M10III is capable of, so I'll be sticking in Micro 4/3 land for a while yet. but I still want sexy camera because monkey brain says shiny thing cool.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

like, imo, it comes down to what you do with the cam, its capabilities become irrelevant after a certain point

i don't remember if i posted these specifically but it was with a OMD-E-M10 mk1

so don't be discouraged by your camera system. it's an artificial limitation imo

For sure, and restraining my gadget lust for cameras is tough but worth it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

i really like the last one actually. i have an OG canon digital elph in the closet that i've been meaning to play with but lmao that battery is probably deader than daguerreotype

yeah, i've even recommended people itt get some MFT cams if they're on a budget. there's some really great camera bodies available on the cheap now and there's a glut of excellent cheap lenses as well. if you accept the sensor limitations (iso <1600), they're absolutely great.

Yeah, i took some pictures of a house fire across the street at night and it wasn't super great. Night stuff is definitely MFT's weak spot.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

MBSPOS (My Bookshelf is a Piece of poo poo)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

I hope you mastered the art of manliness

I wish I could master regexes more, frankly.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i tried reading that godel book in college and i’m clearly too dumb to understand its mystical ways

I understand roughly 10% of it. I should give it another try now that I know calculus a little better.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Stringent posted:

i've never even heard of it, but guessing by godel, escher and bach i bet it's about fractals

It's really probably one of, if not the, most impossible books to describe. The best way I can describe it is about incompleteness and how no fully logical system can describe itself completely.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

i mean, "what is art" is one of the most basic and enduring questions of human endeavor. i'm tempted to say "art is when the artist's intention is to create art", but i feel like that's inadequate and smarmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Eeyo posted:

ok so let’s say i want to take pictures of plants and insects, what would be a good type of camera to go for?

presumably i’d want something that can do macro for insects/flower closeups.

nor sure what i’d need for pictures of a whole plant. with my phone camera it’s often hard to get the whole thing in the frame, and also hard to distinguish one individual from the background. do i need like a wide angle kind of lens as well?

since this would be babby’s first camera something not too expensive.

Beeftweeter posted:

micro 👏 four 👏 thirds

i agree with beeftweeter. the m4/3 form factor's pretty good. it's relatively inexpensive and will give you enough that it's the kind of thing you'll use up until you know why you're being held back by it. panasonic and olympus are the main two m4/3 formfactor makers at this point. the lumix series from panasonic is pretty good, as is the e-m10 mk iii from olympus. just be careful if you buy other stuff like gimbals for it; mine was so light and back-heavy compared to my brother's aps-c camera that it made it not work properly. lenses are also relatively cheap compared to sony e-mount or other types of cameras. you can probably pick up a full kit for less than $500 bucks if you do your research right.