Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

couple photos from my x100t

love this camera tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

its about to gently caress you in the a** with that dilder lol. watch out! run! unless.... ? MODS!!!!!!!!

lmfao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:crossarms:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

thanks echi!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

I really like video with my camera. tripods are the way to go, shake is horrible and still can show off how nice it is to film with a nice lens. honestly it’s such a treat using such nice lenses

on the 7d it was pretty good. was it 1080p? can’t remember. it was only 30/25 fps and there was basically no focus once you’d started filming but if the camera was still the results were pretty nice for something from 2009

this eos r is next level of course

lots of frame rate options. autofocus including face tracking is a game changer, and canon log as well

at the risk of telling everyone something they already know, canon log or any log video for that matter is the video equivalent of raw, because each frame has the 0-255 limit (or more with higher nitrates) in order to squeeze a higher dynamic range in it changes the response curve so you end up with a low contrast image that captures more overall data (well higher range) and then you can transform that in video program so you can make the most of the bigger dynamic range

anyway I have some intentions of setting myself up to video myself doing some music stuff so I want to make the most of it and make it as great as i can

no offense but laughing at you using special raw video format only to gently caress it all up with noise and scratch filters, at least based on your previous music videos :)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

i’m obsessed with making my videos look as lovely as possible

they're cool :hai:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

remember lomography?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

i remember hipstergram or something and it pretended to “develop” the photos you took with it and it took minutes to see what you did

I think i remember that lmao.

at some point my sister had an lomography kit or lens or something on her wishlist so I got the cheapest disposable camera I could find and wrote official lomography camera on it. she was not amused

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEH8AESacU
:eyepop:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

No. some sort of granola. or cereal maybe

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Major thing is throughput needs to be much much higher for a camera, an iphone 13 pro has 12mp sensors while professional cameras have 45-100mp. the Nikon z9 actually has a stacked sensor/logic/RAM that allows 20fps capture at 45mp and it uses deep learning for autofocus. I'm sure stuff like auto HDR isn't far off, although those raw files are going to be ludicrously huge

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont think megapixel races are the way forward. I was extremely delighted when i took a macro shot of my cat and realized that i could see the greenpos screen from my laptop in the reflection on her eye.

the "all cameras must be 100mp by 2024 or else" has big "clock speeds are going up - by 2019 we'll all have 14ghz processors" energy

Who are you talking to man?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

there was a company called Lytro that went out of business a few years ago that made plenoptic cameras. they were a neat trick but i don't think anyone ever found a use for them.

I mean they talk about it in that article you posted. they were bought by Google which did a couple light fields with the tech for vr and incorporated a derivative into the pixel phone sensors

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I bought a first gen Lytro on woot for $60 years back. terrible resolution, terrible interface and the PC software basically didn't work but it really was cool tech. one of the less lauded features was that in the phone app you could tilt your phone around and get a semi-3d effect, like getting a lenticular print with every photo you took

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

do you have a UV filter on your lens so you don't have to use a lens cap?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

someone today who used to shoot real photos for money told me they thought my photography was good and morons make money taking way worse photos that I do so maybe I should just start charging money and see what happens

right on dude!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

oh wow I am simply shocked they were illegally recording everything Americans do and say, what an unprecedented revelation

e: misunderstood thread, disregard

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

1200 shots and didn’t even think about the battery once

1:1 I love how this is totally usable

I am not sure how best to deal with white balance for a cloudy day, like, you can’t really replicate how it felt to be there light wise but the pics with no colour adjustment look, not cold, but just a bit “lifeless”.

I mean I suppose you just warm it up till it looks good
and not too much right? there’s not some greater method for doing this “correctly”? it is all subjective I guess

like I don’t feel like the purpose here is to compensate for the lighting because in some ways the lighting is fine, there’s nothing wrong with it, just subjectively, I don’t want the end result to feel so dreary.

god I talk a lot of poo poo lol

looks good echi, i would warm it up a bit but that's just my taste. altho there's probably a reason people like to shoot during the golden hour

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

took a picture of this bird

shame they were chilling on some skody grass and not something sick

pukeko! nice shot!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

sick album cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter