Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
anyone get a good eclipse / blood moon pic?

i didn’t find my tripod in time to make it out somewhere good to shoot so these are from my balcony, lotta random light and the building sways a bit being on the 28th floor.

fijifilm X-T4 with 400mm lens:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
iterative improvements are valid improvements in every other form of artistic expression, you can take a ton of photos so you might as well.

if you gotta catch like a sporting event yeah spend a ton of time making sure everything is set up before hand so you can catch that moment before it’s gone, but for landscape photos or to get a flattering portrait just keep shooting imo

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i have the fuji x-t4 and i like if, there are a fair number of lenses but i don’t know enough to go crazy there. ~3 lenses is good enough for me to learn with.

the sensor is non-bayer weirdness so you may have trouble handling raw photos, but you can find stuff to do that too, even though i have only bothered once.