Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

CMYK BLYAT!
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

echinopsis posted:

thats a big committment. I am confident enough now to feel like I won't waste someone's time, but no not confident enough to be trusted with such an event

find local wedding photographers in your area, cold call them with your portfolio, and see if they're looking for assistants. the better ones don't do it solo. if you enjoydon't hate it enough to do it on the reg, leverage the experience into independent gigs

polyester concept posted:

doing weddings is the i like computers, i should get a job in IT of photography. you will never enjoy it again

yah that's why it's the division between a hobby and a job op. the job version uses the same skills, it just ain't fun

when i did a lot of photography i did concert photos cause it was (a) stuff i was going to anyway (b) a fun change of pace that meant i wasnt just listening to the set for 45m straight and (c) guaranteed to have no commercial potential whatsoever, because indie musicians have no money whatsoever. this let it still be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU