Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

this is the lens I want to get. the one I used for the rose photo. I think it has a very satisfying girth and shape.

some lens get thicker as they go along. some get thinner

some maintain their meat all along their length. this provides the user with immense gratitude

when I have this back in my hand, believe me, I will take photos with it

I have this lens. i mostly use it taking sharp photos of old slide film on a copy stand with a light table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what does this thread have to do with the worlds premiere spy agency?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

😩

I canít wait to have the rented one back in my hands

isnít there an rf version now?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I still want someone to explain the thread title

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Smythe posted:

photo i took:

nice self portrait

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

check out this picture of my dog

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my momís dog. and my momís white hair. my hair is beginning to turn that color because Iím getting old. taken with a 50mm lens at f1.2 probably

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

whereís sagebrush to tell us how this isnít how a blimp works?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I was taking pictures during my brother's wedding reception at night and having a camera that performs well at high iso owns.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

all cameras are good under godís eye

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lens rental companies love it when you rent high end cameras and lenses to take to the color run

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the only problem Iíve had with sigma art lenses is autofocus accuracy. maybe itís not as big of a deal on mirrorless idk

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

gently caress lol so the rental dude has loaned me a 85mm f/1.4 and now a fucken 400mm f/2.8 both for free. because iíve been easy to get gear from and happy to drop it off it seems heís happy for me to basically hold onto it for free and just drop off when someone requests

and my 135mm arrived today

holy poo poo what am i gonna do with this stuff

with a 400mm and 135mm? take pictures of birds

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Y O U G O T T H E R O C K E T L A U N C H E R

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003321968684.html

:eyepop:

also :prepop: at some of the related lenses on offer by the same seller.

how do I mount this to my r5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

did an autumn themed shoot. canít for the life of me decide if I prefer the one with the shadows lifted (less contrast) or shadows darker

I would love to feel like I could get them to look like film. anyway. I would like to know if thereís some kind of light room course that isnít about the basics. anyway.

contrast is good. you can use adjustment brushes and graduated filters to pull highlights up around the face if you donít want that to be too contrasty. be subtle though