Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

years ago i went to a photography class and the instructor’s opinion was you should start with full auto for 2 reasons:

you want 100% of your focus on composition when you’re inexperienced,

and it’s better to come home to 3/4 of your shots looking good and 1/4 being compromised by the auto meter, than for all your shots to be hosed up because you misunderstood how to set aperture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mulling over new camera vs maybe new lens for existing camera

i have a canon 60d, which is like 12 years old but still a decent camera. i have a nifty 50 and the 24-105 f4L lens, which I think is the cheapest L lens they did but still takes real nice shots.

so maybe i’ll buy their 100mm macro lens. or maybe just get a mirrorless camera. i really like the retro look of fujifilm’s cameras, plus the fake film effects look pretty great to me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think a good idea for a camera learning book would be 100 pictures that are okay and you try to articulate what could be better about them, and then you turn over and read the pro’s opinion

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

do we really need to see six slightly edited versions of the same photo every time echi posts something

at least make them into a contact sheet in one post or somethign
i thought it was interesting and wouldn’t have paid each image much mind if they were all mashed together

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

in short, beeftweeter please ignore sourbrush

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i literally only follow mini painters and pro wrestlers on instagram and even with that, looking down the search feed is just

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

big scary monsters posted:

my research from the lens' respective flickr groups is that while both take good dog photos, the macro is most used for pictures of insects and of matches being lit and the 70-200 for pictures of trains and of women's arses
what if you like all those things though

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if only there were one lens perfect for frogs and pawgs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

lol @ assuming he paid for the car

also ugh god the cayenne is a dogshit ugly porsche

do not take any of ken rockwell's advice

jesus christ
the taycan was the first not-a-coupe that porsche did that doesn’t look like a total piece of poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i hope no innocent japanese folks got caught in the crossfire when america harnessed the power of the sun. probably not, ken surely would have mentioned it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this is the exact face of a twitter bio that says “Christian|Husband|Father|Photographer”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the fujifilm cameras seem like they have bad ergonomics and also lightroom doesn’t like their raw files but otoh they’re real pretty so im probably gonna buy one anyway

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i loaned my camera to a friend so she could see if photography was something she wanted to waste a fuckton of money on pursue and ever since then i’ve reeeeeaaaaallllllly wanted to go for walks and take pictures :mad:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the b&w really brings out the mood of the distant buildings being lost in the clouds

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bellows lugosi posted:

i took photos today, enjoying having a weather sealed kit and not having to worry about rain

good dog

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

but how did you take the photo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

blacks are a bit low for a echipic

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

💯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

a little bored so i started looking at point & shoots on amazon and l m a o holy poo poo there's a lot of no-name ODM chinese crap on there

not that they're necessarily bad cameras, but i mean, come on

love my camera brand camera that's apparently a mix of canon and panasonic ripoffs (that body style is very similar to the G7/8/95)

e: if you want something from sony, panasonic, fuji, canon, nikon, ricoh or olympus — be prepared to spend at least $400 if you want something YCIAPOS-level "good". the only ones i'm seeing under that are very old models

not sure those search filters will work with this link. lets see

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=photo&bb...qHkoaj%2F1kr9pM
something about it being branded Camera makes me expect to see it paired with

*latest fad