Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

Can someone solve a mystery for me? For a long time I assumed the ballroom scene took place in some other part of the Garden that you canít access otherwise. That is until my friend posited that the pillars look the same as the ones in the cafeteria and that maybe itís taking place there with all the tables and seating removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

The first time I saw a screenshot of battling those hockey enemies I was convinced it was a photoshop of some PS1 era hockey game

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

Kurse all Kards

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

Itís fun and you can directly transform cards into items and magic that are extremely powerful. I think itís an elegant way of incorporating a side game while also not making it mandatory.

Smh, imagine playing something like Witcher 3 and not touching Gwent.

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

ngl a Triple Triad game like Thronebreaker would immediately wreck me.

Itís me. Iím the person that collected every one of the 350+ triple triad cards in FFXIV.

im the thread icon whenever clearing a quest reveals an NPC to be a new triple triad opponent

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

As someone who played blind and has no intention to replay in the near future, can some link some guides on just how to break the game and how broken it can get? Y'all talk about being able to turn the game inside out and break all of it but I have no idea about any of that and would love to see it and read the mechanics behind it.

The basic idea is to obtain the Card Mod and Refine skills asap. This lets you break certain cards into tons of items that then refine into 100s of really powerful magic. This lets you get absurd stats early on. You can take it a step further and intentionally avoid leveling up by turning enemies into cards instead of killing them, thereby avoiding exp (bosses donít give you exp) but still gaining AP to learn GF skills. The game will keep all the enemies and bosses at your low initial level while you wail on them with your stats that have now gone through the roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

I dealt the final blow to Ultimecia with Angelo Cannon lol. Felt appropriate somehow