Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rooney McNibnug posted:

I don't know if its worth adding a section for Speedruns and LPs in the OP, but this is the only FFVIII Speedrun I have watched all the way through so far. It's pretty good, and they even all sing Eyes on Me together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSF9-3KdauA

Luzbelheim is a gross transphobe GDQ keep having on for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It really sucks because they had him on for IX and VIII and they are both multi hour runs, and I don't know of anyone knew at the first even but a lot of people were talking about it when he was back on.. He's not the runner either time mind you.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Another weird thing to note about playing VIII is that Square at the time, for whatever reason, chose a more kind of casual and immersive approach to world building, in that most of it comes from NPCs and looking at items around the world and not in big unavoidable infodumps. Which makes it great to replay imo but a lot of people missed huge chunks of the backstory the first time through because who wants to talk to NPCs?

Like don't feel like you need to but there's a lot of stuff hidden away that's cute

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

i love ff8

here is my favourite ff8 track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePXIsI1I1ds

re speedrunning chat a couple of pages ago, Luzbel got banned from AGDQ for being generally pretty gross. Muttski is actually a great dude all around though, check him out.

Got to where this plays in FFXIV the other year and burst into tears, I was completely blindsided, both by it showing up and by my own reaction to it, I guess I might have played too much FFVIII

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah she's like on her way to school with Kairi, which along with the scene of Sora's mom calling him for dinner is the only kind of indication of a world outside the little tree house Island we see in the entire series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rooney McNibnug posted:

VIII has "Squall! punch and block the Galbadian paratrooper!" and "Laguna! Block and slash at the very real dragon with this prop sword!"

There's also the very slow QTE you do to uncouple the train cars in Timber. I was very uncoordinated as a kid (and had un diagnosed ADHD) so I kept forgetting which button had just been called out or would fat finger the wrong one