Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Haven't had a decent PC in a couple years, but I'm trying to play this again on ps5. Problem is, I can't figure out what email I had linked to my account. The character didn't raid much but had ninja and warrior to lvl 50 (back around when golden saucer was released?) and did PUG raids a bit. How long would it take to level to 50 these days? I was looking forward to starting a new class at 1 and having backups for other roles that i could level starting at 50, but I can't for the life of me figure out what email would be tied to the account as it's not my main personal or professional email for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it depends how much time you spend watching cutscenes and reading poo poo. if you just skip through everything it will be pretty fast.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Levelling is super fast on preferred servers now. Blasting through the ARR MSQ and nothing else will get you two level 50+ jobs as a minimum by design.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbutl09jI2w

1.0 was weird.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

SettingSun posted:

Give me a plot line where our power is vastly overestimated. I want to see a quest where we pick up dung in the field or whatever and fail horribly.

Let the WoL be the Alphinaud buying the katana is what I'm saying.
Going back to do 1-30 alt class quests after finishing the MSQ feels like that sometimes.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Poop Retrieval is practically the WoL's hobby at this point.

Power levels are awfully floaty anyway. Sure we've killed lots of gods, but only because we have a fairly rare combination of Immune to Tempering, Good at Stabs, and Compulsive Helperton / But Thou Must. The XIV world has several other people who are consistently depicted as being on about the same level as the WoL when it comes to fighting and some of them aren't even all that famous. And most of those gods are just strong monsters with some dirty tricks.

Now that I say that I kinda want for there to be a rumble between WoL, Raubahn, Gaius, and Estinien just to have a huge shitkicker fight for funsies. Could even have Lyon crash the party.

If you're talking about 1v1 fights, we did already do that with Raubahn. And won. If we're talking a grand melee with all of the biggest names in fight mans, that would be great if they keep 7.0 low-key. We haven't really had a tournament arc in that way.

Inb4 Zenos comes back at the very end of the tournament and tells the WoL they have to win and fight him or he'll destroy the world for realsies this time. (I do like the idea of "psych Zenos is basically herpes and you'll never get rid of him." Despite that going against the tone of Endwalker's finale.)

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Going back to do 1-30 alt class quests after finishing the MSQ feels like that sometimes.

Thaumaterge is on my to-do list and I'm looking forward to everyone treating me like a baby again. "Do you know who I am?" "You can barely cast a competent Fire. Sit down." "I killed the--" "Sit."

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Zenos should have stayed dead in Stormblood. He got what he wanted. Arc complete.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I mean he was surprised too at still being alive. Had a moment of introspection for a bit about what he should do next too before he decided on getting the WoL to fight him again.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

sassassin posted:

Zenos should have stayed dead in Stormblood. He got what he wanted. Arc complete.

I agreed until I finished Endwalker and discovered that my previous position was completely wrong.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Monkeypox origin story.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

rantmo posted:

I agreed until I finished Endwalker and discovered that my previous position was completely wrong.

I would agree 100% except that you can't just straight up walk away

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Warmachine posted:

Thaumaterge is on my to-do list and I'm looking forward to everyone treating me like a baby again. "Do you know who I am?" "You can barely cast a competent Fire. Sit down." "I killed the--" "Sit."

Dragoon quests are hilarious after having finished the story. "Oh no you're not ready to face Estinien, he'd kill you with ease." Buddy, I know him and we go out hunting for treasure twice a month, it's no big deal, just lemme talk to him.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

parasyte posted:

Dragoon quests are hilarious after having finished the story. "Oh no you're not ready to face Estinien, he'd kill you with ease." Buddy, I know him and we go out hunting for treasure twice a month, it's no big deal, just lemme talk to him.

Hell, doing it after the end of 3.3 is already plenty awkward enough

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Itzena posted:

Monkeypox origin story.

Thank Bahamut for the Seventh Umbral Calamity.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
The lyrics of Flow are pretty clearly being sung to someone who is now dead. You aren't the "brave little spark", but it might be Emet, Hermes, Minfilia, or (comedy option, but also how it's framed in the music video) Zenos.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 20, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jalapeno_dude posted:

The lyrics of Flow are pretty clearly being sung to someone who is now dead. You aren't the "brave little spark", but it might be Emet, Hermes, Minfilia, or (comedy option, but also how it's framed in the music video) Zenos.

No.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Sinking deeper and deeper in calm embrace
Loving tide sweep in and bear you down
Should you meet a soul rising surface-ways
With your unbeating heart, wish them well

ETA: I guess the true Warrior of Light, Hildibrand, has an unbeating heart.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

All the songs are either for, by, or about emet selch. This post made by the woobie gang

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

this is not the spoiler thread

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jalapeno_dude posted:

Sinking deeper and deeper in calm embrace
Loving tide sweep in and bear you down
Should you meet a soul rising surface-ways
With your unbeating heart, wish them well

ETA: I guess the true Warrior of Light, Hildibrand, has an unbeating heart.

The lines that precede that are talking about when you do eventually pass you should see new life on its way happily and wish them well. Combine that with the whole little spark parts mirroring her multiple convos with you the WoL its just her talking about passing in general and moving on like she's literally doing while wishing you and yours well. The words 'should you meet' kind of shows she's talking in hypotethicals not something actively happening to her audience.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

loling at the idea that someone is upset they were called a brave little spark

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

flow is the song she sings to every single person when they die

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Kerrzhe posted:

flow is the song she sings to every single person when they die

Some kind of End-singer?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

RME posted:

Look, as a lalafell I don't like it when people bring up my height.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

OddObserver posted:

Look, as a lalafell I don't like it when people bring up my height.

It's not like you'll be bringing much else upwards.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

When are they gonna add a Venat portrait for me to hang up in my house and surround with flowers huh <:mad:>

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doomykins posted:

It's not like you'll be bringing much else upwards.

:drat:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RME posted:

"I'm not your "brave little spark" I'm the Warrior of Light stop embarrassing me in front of my friends!"

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

As another Lala I will chuck a chakram at your ankles if you wanna talk about my height :v:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

someone getting mad about being called "brave little spark" has similar energy to that guy who would kill dudebros in CoD and then say "a kissaroo from me to you!" and listen to them get really upset about it

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
How is Dalraida these days? Can you get more than 5 people in an instance to do it now?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

jalapeno_dude posted:

When mom said past every fate she was explicitly talking about me blowing up wasps in Dravanian Forelands as a blue mage for weeks

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
fuuuck I'm envisioning a marvelous tweeeest that zenos did in fact die and stayed dead at the end of Stormblood and his appearances in EW are your dynamis or whatever manifesting him. if you walk away at the end he just dissolves into the aether. give the WoL a little more PTSD it's fine

e:yeah now we're talking

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 20, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
In fact, everyone around you is a manifestation, born out of memories from thousands of years ago, and in one final, further twist, you are also a manifestation of the real you that had already died earlier after coming home to the planet long after everyone was dead.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hogama posted:

In fact, everyone around you is a manifestation, born out of memories from thousands of years ago, and in one final, further twist, you are also a manifestation of the real you that had already died earlier after coming home to the planet long after everyone was dead.

Then the camera zooms out and reveals this was all the imagination of a child gazing into a snowglobe.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
"wild rosebud"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I haven’t been keeping up, but… I thought that the housing market was supposed to reopen by now? Had my eyes on an empty plot in Kugane, but it’s still not up for sale.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

new auctions start on the 26th

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Heavensward LP tackles several bits of content, attempting to wrap up as many things as possible before the final story quests. We don't quite get there despite my best efforts I'm sad to say, but we do get darn close! Which means we're still Three Chapters from the end... but on the other hand, WE'RE THREE CHAPTERS FROM THE END!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

hazardousmouse posted:

"wild rosebud"