Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Victar posted:

Too much doom & gloom is bad and can make people brainsick. Too much optimism is also bad and can literally get people killed. I think both Covid threads have value because of the difference in their perspectives.
______________________________________/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Victar posted:

Speaking as someone who posts in the D&D Covid thread and occasionally lurks in the C-SPAM Covid thread, I think the two threads fulfill significantly different purposes, and I want them both kept around and separate.

I am not against rebooting the D&D Covid thread; I just want it kept around one way or another.

I also want the D&D Covid pet tax kept. Looking at pictures of cute animals helps when reading and discussing depressing stuff.

lol

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Tiny Timbs posted:

It took 2 years to get rid of that guy and he was never not posting that poo poo

In retrospect I miss him

He used to be so innocent and would just suggest that maybe the army should show up at everyone's house and stick a needle in their arms at gunpoint. Simpler times.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Victar posted:

I also want the D&D Covid pet tax kept. Looking at pictures of cute animals helps when reading and discussing depressing stuff.

lol this poo poo is so pathetic

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Victar posted:

I keep asking the EMTs about if my wife made it out of the accident and they just keep dangling keys in front of my face and blowing raspberries at me.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Victar posted:

Speaking as someone who posts in the D&D Covid thread and occasionally lurks in the C-SPAM Covid thread, I think the two threads fulfill significantly different purposes, and I want them both kept around and separate.

I am not against rebooting the D&D Covid thread; I just want it kept around one way or another.

What actually useful information are you getting from any of this though? You understand the basic precautions you have to take regarding COVID and, I assume, the importance of getting vaccinated. What else do you actually get out of reading endless speculation besides making yourself depressed or scared? How does this help you in any meaningful way at this point?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Victar posted:

Too much doom & gloom is bad and can make people brainsick. Too much optimism is also bad and can literally get people killed. I think both Covid threads have value because of the difference in their perspectives.

Youtube is my go-to place for extended kitten watching, but seeing pictures of SA pets is fun too.

looking at death tolls, infection rates, and projections of both

but in an optimistic way

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Flying Zamboni posted:

What actually useful information are you getting from any of this though? You understand the basic precautions you have to take regarding COVID and, I assume, the importance of getting vaccinated. What else do you actually get out of reading endless speculation besides making yourself depressed or scared? How does this help you in any meaningful way at this point?

they are Informed and thus, Morally Just

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Victar posted:

if you stopped reading these threads, then you wouldn't need periodic booster shots of cute animals.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

looking at death tolls, infection rates, and projections of both

but in an optimistic way
If the optimistic thread is the one that requires a heckin' pupper every 40 posts to stop itself from gaining a bodycount...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flying Zamboni posted:

it helps him signal to his perceived peer group that he is a member in good standing. his peers being people with unchecked anxiety disorders

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pathologic 2 is on sale on GOG by the way. $9.79

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

highly recommend the kitten picture mod for when it gets too dang intense

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
iI's not so much there's an optimistic thread and a pessimistic thread, It's that there's a thread that has both doomers and slightly less doomers, and another thread that thinks saying "OPEN BIDEN" 1000 times is the height of comedy, suggesting anything less than COVID being the end of human civilization makes you a hopeless optimist, and also is apparently an invaluable resource because otherwise goons wouldn't know what a mask is.

my favourite exchange was the time a doomer poster scolded someone for saying that he was meeting a friend outside and keeping 6 feet away from each other for being reckless and letting COVID win.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 131 days!

pog boyfriend posted:

what should i know going in

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cormac McCarthy’s The Road but with a picture of a cute heckin doggo pupperino inserted between every page :3:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I am sitting in the chair I use to gently caress computers professionally, repeating the phrase Antigenic Original Sin to myself until from the words emerges a clear and shining and singular path forwards. My friends have forgotten my name. My face exists only as a dim memory even in the minds of my family. For a moment I believe the knock at the door is the door itself warning me of a new delivery until I see through the slats of the blinds the UPS man walking away. Maskless. Stewing in the world's hideous oxygen. My hiss is a reflex, though I know not if it is for the Pigpen-style cloud of COVID stew I have trained myself to imagine around every body or for the cutting edge of sunlight against my skin.

Puppers, I am muttering. The thought moves through my mind, I could get my own pupper. No. No, I remember. Pictures are safer. Pictures are the only safe engagement.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

gay_crimes posted:

Cormac McCarthy’s The Road but with a picture of a cute heckin doggo pupperino inserted between every page :3:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

halo infinite multiplayer is completely free and a much better use of your time than posting about covid with the most miserable people on the forums.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Victar posted:

this is some reddit poo poo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

posting about how my friends and family have completely shunned me for my erratic behaviour and i have made myself into a total social pariah without paying the cat tax? that's a ban

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
We need these threads for up to date, accurate information I can't possibly find online or in my city/state/county's LAN Thread or every other thread politics posters poo poo up when they snap like a darkest dungeons character

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

halo infinite multiplayer is completely free and a much better use of your time than posting about covid with the most miserable people on the forums.

Xbox game pass is the best deal in gaming.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

There’s no other place on the internet to get heckin pupper pics than the dnd covid thread and for that reason only it should stay open.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

are there birbs in there too? I'm too frightened to look for myself. I don't want to become safe and well adjusted like the representatives who've crawled into this thread

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
The thread is a fantastic source of news about the thread.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i was diagnosed with cancer but it's okay because the oncologist showed me a picture of a kitty when he gave me the heckin bad prognoserino

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

what should i know going in

go in blind, but do not go in expecting a perfect run. play the game normally and dont worry about being able to do everything. you might get owned one day and not accomplish much but your goal is to survive and make it to the end

Andenno
May 1, 2009

lol

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Pavloving myself to think of SARS-CoV-2 whenever I see an animal for the rest of my life in an optimistic way

like a boss

is Pathologic 2 on Xbox, my laptop is not fun to game on unless I'm using XBOX XCLOUD to livestream at work

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I don't care about any of the covid threads or intrarforum drama but phrases like "dogdag" and "catmom" should be bannable.

also "furbabies" :wtc:

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

ASenileAnimal posted:

Too bad the loving matchmaking breaks like 60% of the time. Least they could do is show me a dog pic.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

The Kins posted:

______________________________________/

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Millions dead from covid... just think of all the snoots that will never be booped.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CongoJack posted:

Too bad the loving matchmaking breaks like 60% of the time. Least they could do is show me a dog pic.

Lots of games' matchmaking did weird poo poo until I put my xbox in a DMZ. I haven't had any issues with Halo. I have no idea if these points are related.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
you know there's a whole subforum on here about pets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

now this thread hs more useful information than any covid thread in the forums

e: lmfao

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 16, 2021