Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Honestly the D&D thread was worth it for the guy coming into it and yelling at everyone for going outside and seeing their friends, and then it turned out he went to Disneyland the month before, which he then tried to defend for another page or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
rename thread to "The Most Magical Thinking Place on Earth"

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I don't post in the cspam covid thread, but its a pretty funny read sometimes.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

To start, Twitter embeds are banned

yes unless it's anthony leonardi

edit: you can use noscript if you want to stop the embeds on your own

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

“I’m way too jokerfied for this” - The Joker Gamer

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

whiggles posted:

rename thread to "The Most Magical Thinking Place on Earth"

Rename D&D to this

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Cup Runneth Over posted:

struck a nerve huh

QCS is an abject failure (for like the third or fourth time) and this thread is a great example of it. The only mod who's even posted in here I've never even heard of. Apparently they mod the car forum? Certainly none of the D&D mods have deigned to comment. The forum is just used by a specific class of people who camp it waiting for a new thread to open so they can freshly sling around accusations of mental illness until the mod of the week comes in to say "ok I think that's the end of productive discussion on this topic" and closes it. Or their only contribution is to spot someone they don't like posting and drop in to harass them.

In a sad way it's kind of loving hilarious how many iterations on "provide feedback to the moderation team" this forum has gone through and they still haven't figured it out

uh, are you comparing yourself to Jesus Christ, our lord and savior?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Alctel posted:

Honestly the D&D thread was worth it for the guy coming into it and yelling at everyone for going outside and seeing their friends, and then it turned out he went to Disneyland the month before, which he then tried to defend for another page or two

lol

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Alctel posted:

lmfao

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Alctel posted:

He also complained that the Disney merch was low quality compared to what he remembered :allears:

But at least he wasn't a loving *spits* brunch lib.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Alctel posted:

Please link this, I need it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Alctel posted:

You got a link?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the revelation that he had been training his bladder to not piss for three hours so he could explore disney in peace (bathrooms are covid hotspots doncha know) was also very good

edit:
anyway just read back a few pages in this thread, here is the link

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Heath posted:

Please link this, I need it

Jose Oquendo posted:

You got a link?

was linked earlier in this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987731&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post519975513

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Alctel posted:

lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Wait what the gently caress I thought this would be from last year, not two days ago lol

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
unlike you brunchers i'm taking this disease seriously, by wearing a mask on the pirates of the caribbean ride i'm on with hundreds of people

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
The poster who kept coming in to yell about how the Air Force should carpet bomb Florida to stop COVID, and we should all be happy to be vivisected for the common good was also a highlight

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Sir John Falstaff posted:

The poster who kept coming in to yell about how the Air Force should carpet bomb Florida to stop COVID, and we should all be happy to be vivisected for the common good was also a highlight

His idea to end the pandemic by using the military to herd the entire population into camps with the expressed purpose of forcibly eliminating the concept of the human soul was certainly a novel one.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Heath posted:

Wait what the gently caress I thought this would be from last year, not two days ago lol

Thread is loving great change nothing send highlights constantly because I'm NOT bookmarking that poo poo.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

With internet technology we really do have the ability to completely control citizens moods. I think this plus extreme coercion would have been enough to eliminate covid and then also make progress towards a further rationalization of the psyche.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

His idea to end the pandemic by using the military to herd the entire population into camps with the expressed purpose of forcibly eliminating the concept of the human soul was certainly a novel one.

The real crime is when anyone suggests any of the most insane posters log off.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Not from a covid thread but this is my favorite D&D highlight involving a goon unironically saying

mod sassinator posted:

Like I mentioned, those alternatives are far worse. Soy-based stuff that causes inflammation and maybe even worse effects from estrogen. Beans? You're not going to get the same amount of protein and you're going to get a ton of unnecessary carbs.

Don't kid yourself too, banana and peanut butter for breakfast is just as bad for a kid as a poptart. It's all insulin-spiking sugar-loaded poo poo. Scrambled eggs are much, much healthier (and cheaper).

edit: And seriously we're cheering on someone telling kids to eat peanuts?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

and also

mod sassinator posted:

98%+ of plants on earth will kill you. It's only the ones we've engineered over hundreds and thousands of years to not produce as much toxins that we can safely eat. Green does not equal healthy.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Heath posted:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

EorayMel posted:

Not from a covid thread but this is my favorite D&D highlight involving a goon unironically saying

and also

Bring back the low carb thread while we are at it

Covid is over but goons giving themselves lard blood and going on statins in their 20s from dieting is eternal

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Alctel posted:

I stopped following that thread the second or third time I saw a poster with a self-admitted anxiety disorder and a tendency to catastrophize made confident predictions or offer negative moral judgement on whether someone was taking appropriate precautions. It was a great place to find links to the emerging research in the early days, but as things got clearer I realized what was left to learn wasn't worth risking somehow getting infected with the sadbrain.

Was the frozen bonbon meltdown in D&D or cspam?

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 16, 2021

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I stopped following that thread the second or third time I saw a poster with a self-admitted anxiety disorder and a tendency to catastrophize made confident predictions or offer negative moral judgement on whether someone was taking appropriate precautions. It was a great place to find links to the emerging research in the early days, but as things got clearer I realized what was left to learn wasn't worth risking somehow getting infected with the sadbrain.

Was the frozen bonbon meltdown in D&D or cspam?

cspam

Happy Thread posted:

Now I'm bugging out because today I crossed one of my own safety lines by accident. It won't sound like it to anyone else. I got a box of frozen bonbons at the grocery, opened it and ate one.

All these visuals immediately filled my head of those frozen seafood shipments that allowed COVID to start little outbreaks in countries that otherwise didn't have it. I felt a twinge of hesitation as I went for a bite but ignored it since I already eat frozen ice cream. No need to overthink it, right, I already did that work for ice cream previously. But when I took a look at the bitten cross section, I realized that this is a dessert that had to be assembled in the open air while frozen. It's not like the more sealed manufacturing process for an ice cream tub, when I guess it goes striaght in.

So next I'm on Youtube looking up How It's Made videos of frozen desserts. The factory lines are zipping by, hundreds of the things being assembled by machine, and sure enough every video has workers with hairnets but no face masks sitting on the line, hovering over it, breathing on it and filling the room with their air. One actually showed a maskless guy opening the vat of ice cream and sticking his face up to the opening to take a big whiff, all his personal air freezing onto the product. A lot of camera shots featured masks. But over 50% dicknosers. So many dicknosers.

I handled someone's frozen exhalations today. I tasted it so it definitely made it to my olfactory bulb. The risk is small, but unknown. Food factories are famous for outbreaks. The manufacture date on the box did not bring relief: Feburary 2021, hello newer strains. For a year I have washed every surface of every grocery and other object entering my front door to keep COVID out of our house for our cats. If all that was futile because of a bonbon I'm gonna be mad.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

You put enough monkeys on typewriters and they'll make Shakespeare, put enough goons in a thread and they'll reenact the holocaust.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I too have the political ideology of an anime villain

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I too have the political ideology of an anime villain

that poster is going to be the best mod D&D ever had

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com
Speaking as someone who posts in the D&D Covid thread and occasionally lurks in the C-SPAM Covid thread, I think the two threads fulfill significantly different purposes, and I want them both kept around and separate.

I am not against rebooting the D&D Covid thread; I just want it kept around one way or another.

I also want the D&D Covid pet tax kept. Looking at pictures of cute animals helps when reading and discussing depressing stuff.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:bighow:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Victar posted:

Speaking as someone who posts in the D&D Covid thread and occasionally lurks in the C-SPAM Covid thread, I think the two threads fulfill significantly different purposes, and I want them both kept around and separate.

I am not against rebooting the D&D Covid thread; I just want it kept around one way or another.

Why. Stop reading depressing poo poo thats making your brain bad. Just google 'cats' and you can clap your hands together in joy for hours without needing to read a bunch of nerds with anxiety disorders panicking about vaccination rates

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

some plague rats posted:

Why. Stop reading depressing poo poo thats making your brain bad. Just google 'cats' and you can clap your hands together in joy for hours without needing to read a bunch of nerds with anxiety disorders panicking about vaccination rates
Keeping an eye on world news and staying informed about goings on is a good thing. Unfortunately, a growing number of people have conflated that with doomscrolling in its most refined, unfiltered form, leaving them laboring under the belief that if you're not committing constant, unrelenting psychological self-harm you are In The Wrong and As Bad As They Are. It's incredibly hosed up in a way that a JPEG every forty messages is going to diffuse, no matter how much this forum's staff wish it so.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com
Too much doom & gloom is bad and can make people brainsick. Too much optimism is also bad and can literally get people killed. I think both Covid threads have value because of the difference in their perspectives.

Youtube is my go-to place for extended kitten watching, but seeing pictures of SA pets is fun too.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It took 2 years to get rid of that guy and he was never not posting that poo poo

In retrospect I miss him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
all those forumsbans handed out over the past year sure seem to have improved things huh. maybe dnd should do more of them, exponentially