Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Evil Fluffy posted:

Finally read the last 3 updates and my god, what an absolute poo poo show of a game. That they went from BaK to this garbage pile is astounding. There’s so much I hate about it but one of the worst is definitely the move from bad dev team renfaire outfits to exceptionally generic avatars especially since 99% of them are all the same dumbass vacant, soulless looking head-tilted design with various (often minor) changes. Even some of the grrltfttlflyltlftltlt use it with some quickly drawn fur. Everything about this game screams incompetence and/or a total lack of necessary funding and dev time.

My condolences for the time you lost playing it for our amusement.

Did you read the Antara LP? This game doesn't seem nearly as horrid as that one. Damning with small praise perhaps, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

JustJeff88 posted:

Did you read the Antara LP? This game doesn't seem nearly as horrid as that one. Damning with small praise perhaps, but still...
?
??

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
someone forgot which thread they were in and it's not Evil Fluffy!

it's still true and worth repeating: Antara bad. oof.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I didn't forget anything. I thought that it was odd to piddle on BaK when Purple had such passionate, eloquent hatred for Antara.

I hope that Purple plays something fun next. I feel bad for him and, by following his LPs, I feel like I am encouraging self-harm.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I was saying Antares is poo poo, not BaK. I like BaK.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I would never argue the character graphics in Antara are good, but (mostly) I still think they're better than digitized photos of goofballs in lovely costumes. That's something that immediately takes me out of any game that tries to use them in place of actual art.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Evil Fluffy posted:

I was saying Antares is poo poo, not BaK. I like BaK.

I apologise; I was mistaken.

malkav11 posted:

I would never argue the character graphics in Antara are good, but (mostly) I still think they're better than digitized photos of goofballs in lovely costumes. That's something that immediately takes me out of any game that tries to use them in place of actual art.

Didn't bother me. They were so silly that I just smiled.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's okay friend, Antara sucks so much it causes miscommunication my lovely eggplant.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

malkav11 posted:

A couple of them were really bad, in particular Pug just looked like he was completely confused by anything he was dealing with and wearing a bathrobe, but they were memorable and adventurous. It wasn't just "this is brownland, everyone here wears brown, sometimes with a gold fringe."

Like, point out for me an Antara character with a design that you'll remember as well as Gorath's? Or even just the animated interludes, in Antara they were crusty trash that looked like half-finished animatics, in Krondor we got Delekhan_Laugh.gif and Pug designing his Angelfire site on a stone wall.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There's a lot of reasons to be memorable. I think being bland is better than some of them, and that includes the character graphics in BaK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

By popular demand posted:

That's okay friend, Antara sucks so much it causes miscommunication my lovely eggplant.

That's a new epithet for me, but I am British and we prefer the term 'aubergine'