Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Alhazred posted:

I like how the archaeologists believe it became so fat that so that it could move less.

Knormal posted:

I feel a connection to this whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Designosaurus

Loved this game. Never knew what to do with the walk to be any good since I was so young but back. Spent more time with the Build-A-Dinosaure and printing those out

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hell yeah, Designasaurus was probably the first PC game I spent any serious amount of time on.

I found it playable online here, but it immediately brought back memories of how this was one of those first generations of games that didn't include any timing code and just runs at full clockspeed. That unfortunately means the most "gameplay" part where you have to go around eating and escaping predators is unplayable unless you're on an original PC-XT or your PC has a turbo button you can toggle off. I had to abandon the game once my dad got his second computer.

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
If you don't mind messing with DosBox, last I checked Designasaurus runs beautifully on it. Just gotta toggle the clockspeed until it feels right :kiddo:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Meet Hevisaurus, a Finnish children's band whose members dress up as dinosaurs:

Saurusarmeija
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6sHd7JRHCM

Liskodisko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTeTbzH8sk

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Pogonodon posted:

If you don't mind messing with DosBox, last I checked Designasaurus runs beautifully on it. Just gotta toggle the clockspeed until it feels right :kiddo:
Ooh, I didn't know DOSBox had a clockspeed setting. I'll have to mess with it. Thanks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There was another 90s era dino game where you got to build a park. I don't think it was JP related (officially, un it was obviously inspired)

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you
Getting ready to help students enact part one of the Podokesaurus Project

https://twitter.com/PodokesaurusPro

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Phy posted:

SIC SEMPER TYRANNOSAURUS

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was another 90s era dino game where you got to build a park. I don't think it was JP related (officially, un it was obviously inspired)

DinoPark Tycoon? I loved that game so much.

Buy the elvisaurus for a fun surprise! :)

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

3D Dinosaur Adventure was the sickest thing when I was 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1LYykdKhik

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I always loved the monochrome 80s computer program at the Tyrrell Museum where you put a dinosaur together in a few different sections and it told you what its life was probably like

Pity the poor creature with the head of a styracosaurus but the neck of an ornithomimus, it probably couldn't even lift its head off the ground

Also, an old and treasured possession, bought in the 80s and signed by the artist at a convention decades later:

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
Could it have been desingasaurus? It definitely supported monochrome.

Mobygames has a few pictures of the monochrome version

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phy posted:

Also, an old and treasured possession, bought in the 80s and signed by the artist at a convention decades later:

Ohhh poo poo I loved that book as a kid, I'd obsessively borrow it from the school library over and over. I managed to snag my own copy decades later when it got reprinted

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pogonodon posted:

Could it have been desingasaurus? It definitely supported monochrome.

Mobygames has a few pictures of the monochrome version

Nah, it was a ton simpler than that, suitable for kids to spend five to ten minutes on and then get parentally hoisted into the air to let some other child have a turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
Ah dang, then it may have been some custom made thing that's lost now. Sad.