Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I am extremely down for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Look, if you aren't building for maximum forward firepower, then I don't think you have the kind of go-getting aggression that we need in a battleship captain. How can you expect to win a fight if you aren't steaming at full speed towards your target while firing every single gun on the ship?

Replace all pagoda masts with a stack of triple turrets. They can fire in all directions regardless of ship position.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I didn't even think of the torps when considering this matchup. What a battle.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

This next one is going to be extremely interesting. Pretty evenly matched WW1 era battleships duking it out

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I am laughing extremely hard at this result.

IMO Is there an option for a rematch? Maybe give the Dunkerque a handicap? I'd hate to see a beautiful contender laid low by the AI.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

There's no reason to play that one back. Yamato was humiliating that poor ship without even firing a shot.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

If only the standard battleships were prettier I wouldn't feel so crappy about all of them advancing.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That might be an interesting bonus round.

A bonus round I'd like to see is America's "Standard" line of battleships versus the Japanese ships built to blow it up.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Pierzak posted:

Someone explain the tuba jokes?

The American standards are slow, fat and ugly WW1 era battle wagons that punched above their weight in the first round. At this point they're facing newer, sleeker, better looking opponents. Hence tuba music for the slow, fat, middle-aged guy that showed up to the dance.

Edit: Colorado has a very legit shot to advance thanks to the North Carolina's cowardice letting it be pitted against a French cruiser killer.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 19, 2022

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Gah, I was really hoping for some kind of a big upset to break up this semi-predictable final. Sodak vs Rich might have been real cool. Hell: Can we get Sodak versus Rich for the runner-up award?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Hell of a thread man. Nice job!