Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you finish resolution?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 38.46%
No 0 0%
Just ban me now 8 61.54%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:toxx:
Autotoxxing is back. Setting yourself a resolution means you finish it on penalty of a ban + 7
:toxx:

2022 approaches and with it comes the time to set ourselves more challenges where we overpromise and underachieve. Will this be the year where i actually finish something?

As ever the rules are simple, post your resolutions, achieve them by Jan 1st 2023. Failure means death.

I'm also bringing back the reward system, whoever achieves the most in the year will receive either a forums upgrade or a £10 donation to the charity of their choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

One of my resolutions is to actually compile all the resolutions in this post at the end of January.

Namtab: As below
Lunar detritus: I will watch at least one (1) seasonal anime that is not a sequel or adaptation to something I've already read.
Julias: Watch all of the monogatari series.
Everything burrito: watch 5 shows from the backlog
Plutonis: watch at least 10 non UC gundams.
Ibblebibble: finish the gundamwatch
Paper lion: watch all the shows people tell him to
Patware: watch some selected anims
Sakurazuka: watch an episode of anime
Gorfzaplan: watch an episode of anime (complete)
Baal: Catch upon the one piece manga
Tales of woe: watch some gundam series this year
Tulalip Tulips: watch some gundam series this year
Zepia: 1. Watch Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club and Love Live! Superstar!!
2. Watch Uma Musume S1 and S2
3. Watch Zombieland Saga S1 and S2
4. Watch Symphogear AXZ and VX and listen to all the character songs that I missed out on
5. Watch Arcane (this counts as an anime)
6. Watch BanG Dream! S3 and the two Roselia movies
7. Watch at least 1 seasonal anime every season
8. Get a freelance gig as a webtoon translator and translate some Korean webtoons
9. Beat at least one of the following games in my backlog (Yakuza Kiwami, Tales of Vesperia, Disgaea 5, Zero Time Dilemma, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond)
10. Beat Ring Fit Adventure on Story Mode
11. Get my weight into the double digits (kg, not lb)

Namtab fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 4, 2022

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My resolutions:
1. As above, make my life at the end of the year easier by compiling the resolutions
2. Watch 24 things from my extensive collection of anime DVDs that i keep buying and never watching.
3. Watch 2 seasonal anime per season
4. Play and finish a minimum of 2 visual novels.
5. I now have mod permission, so i must simulwatch the monogatari series up until (at minimum) the end of nekomonogatari (black). This is a bad idea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Namtab fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 10, 2022

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I will watch at least one (1) seasonal anime that is not a sequel or adaptation to something I've already read. It's more than what I did in 2021 so it should count as a challenge.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
For the actual :toxx:, I want to watch all of the monogatari series this year. (No, katanagatari doesn't count).

In addition, though I'm not toxxing on this part, I'm carrying over the list of monthly anime from last year and trying to complete those too, though I reserve the right to stop watching any show that I'm really not enjoying.

Jan: Level E - AlternateNu
Feb: Tada Never Falls In Love - Paper Lion
Mar:Tsuritama - Tales if Woe
Apr: Cross Ange - Namtab
May: Ping Pong the Animation - thetoughestbean
Jun: Paranoia Agent - chiasaur11
Jul: Skull face bookseller Honda san - CrazySalamander
Aug: Hoozuki no Reitetsu - EverythingBurrito
Sep: Prétear - Tulalip Tulips
Oct:Tokumu Sentai Shinesman - GorfZaplen
Nov: Flag - Davincie
Dec: Princess Tutu - Julias

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been thinking about how I can adjust my toxx to be more flexible about working around things like "my internet barely works" and "my anime-watching mood is extremely fickle" but still continue to pare down my gigantic backlog which is what I want this to motivate me to do.

So rather than picking out specific shows I'm just gonna set a numerical goal of finishing 5 shows out of my backlog. I'll list the shows I finish here once I've got some done.

Backlog Shows Completed

I was pretty successful at the other half of my 2021 non-toxx which was to watch recent seasonal shows from 2020/2021 to completion in order to stop the backlog from growing even larger so I want to keep that momentum up. It doesn't have a number on it because I have no idea what I'll end up liking and watching through the year :shrug:

2021/2022 Shows Completed
Epic of Divinity Light (2021)
Legend of Exorcism S2 (2021)
Drowning Sorrows in Raging Fire (2021)

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 8, 2022

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I am watching all non UC Gundams or at least ten of them

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gonna carry on my unfinished Gundamwatch from last year.

Turn A Gundam
Gundam Wing
Build Fighters
IGLOO

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 13, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I am watching all non UC Gundams or at least ten of them

That's a lot of Gundam. Are you including SD and Build, or just the "regular" Gundam shows? Also, do the shorter shows count as full entries?

Looking at the main shows, you've got:

G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
00 Gundam
Gundam AGE
Reconguista in G
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

For OVAs and shorts, you add in:

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Gundam SEED Destiny: Stargazer
Gundam AGE: Memories of Eden
Gundam Reconguista in G: From the Past to the Future

As for Build:
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam Build Fighters: GM's Counterattack
Gundam Build Fighters: Battlogue
Gundam Build Fighters Try
Gundam Build Divers
Gundam Build Divers: Re:Rise
Gundam Build Divers Battlogue
Gundam Breaker Battlogue

Also there's some miscellaneous shorts, EVOLVE episodes, DVD extras, and the like. That's a thing.

Finally, there's the SDs which... there's a lot of them. And they tend to range from mediocre to outright terrible. Even compared to how bad standard Gundam can be. I can get a list there, too, but it's going to get even messier, and have more UC stuff, so I might not recommend it.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

it was very fun last year to watch whatever stuff people wanted me to watch. even gundam seed!!! so i will do the same challenge again. if you are someone posting a toxx in this thread, you are entitled to make me watch an anime show or movie of your choice. if you try to be stinky and make me watch gintama or detective conan or something that has run for eons then i will ignore it, or if its something i watched too recently like in the last challenge or something. to paraphrase from garth brooks talking about posting online: "when i think about things i wanna watch, i wanna watch cool stuff, slick stuff, neat stuff."

so come toxx in this thread so you can make me watch something and have fun watchin anime and postin with pals!!! you can do it!!!

current list:

Gosenzo-sama banbanzai

Paper Lion fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 3, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Paper Lion posted:

it was very fun last year to watch whatever stuff people wanted me to watch. even gundam seed!!! so i will do the same challenge again. if you are someone posting a toxx in this thread, you are entitled to make me watch an anime show or movie of your choice. if you try to be stinky and make me watch gintama or detective conan or something that has run for eons then i will ignore it, or if its something i watched too recently like in the last challenge or something. to paraphrase from garth brooks talking about posting online: "when i think about things i wanna watch, i wanna watch cool stuff, slick stuff, neat stuff."

so come toxx in this thread so you can make me watch something and have fun watchin anime and postin with pals!!! you can do it!!!

I think you should check out Gosenzo-sama banbanzai

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I will watch all of Dragon Quest the Adventures of Dai. Currently at Episode 5.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm going to watch at least three different PreCures, play 3 VNs, and finish 3 JRPGs.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i like yes precure 5 because milky is the cutest mascot in the franchise and also acts like the secret 6th member of the gang from its always sunny in philadelphia

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Paper Lion posted:

i like yes precure 5 because milky is the cutest mascot in the franchise and also acts like the secret 6th member of the gang from its always sunny in philadelphia

check your pms

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm gonna finally watch both seasons of megalobox and also turn a gundam

and akira. i've never watched akira. it's a real problem

should i watch gao gai gar? i've known some really annoying people that were really into gao gai gar and it turned me off

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I will watch at least one episode of anime this year

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I also toxx to watch one episode of anime this year.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Toxx completed. I hope everyone else enjoys their year. :)

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Patware posted:

i'm gonna finally watch both seasons of megalobox and also turn a gundam

and akira. i've never watched akira. it's a real problem

should i watch gao gai gar? i've known some really annoying people that were really into gao gai gar and it turned me off

gaogaigar is a goat toy commercial because they finish shilling the toys within the first ~24 episodes and use the back half to tell an actual story with cool robots. its the reason i started to really love anime again as a kid after evangelion burned me. check it out!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am toxxing myself to catch up on One Piece this year

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The manga

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i was worried...

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i will watch G Gundam, Gundam X, and Gundam IBO this year.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I will finish ZZ Gundam and watch Gundam X this year. That is all I feel like I can commit to.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Since I :toxx: evaded once I'll eat double the punishment if I fail this time. Forum's dying, anyways.

My resolutions, to be completed before the end of the year:

1. Watch Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club and Love Live! Superstar!!
2. Watch Uma Musume S1 and S2
3. Watch Zombieland Saga S1 and S2
4. Watch Symphogear AXZ and VX and listen to all the character songs that I missed out on
5. Watch Arcane (this counts as an anime)
6. Watch BanG Dream! S3 and the two Roselia movies
7. Watch at least 1 seasonal anime every season
8. Get a freelance gig as a webtoon translator and translate some Korean webtoons
9. Beat at least one of the following games in my backlog (Yakuza Kiwami, Tales of Vesperia, Disgaea 5, Zero Time Dilemma, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond)
10. Beat Ring Fit Adventure on Story Mode
11. Get my weight into the double digits (kg, not lb)

(Bonus non-:toxx: resolutions)
1. Watch Odd Taxi, people seem to love it
2. Don't watch MCU movies more than once in theaters, it would have been impossible pre-COVID but now I think I have the willpower to resist
3. Get an avatar in these dying SomethingAwful forums, I miss having an avatar
4. Buy that WaniKani thing and learn like 1 kanji a month
5. Post Rude by MAGIC! at the new mod

Anyways I look forward to being banned.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Seriously I don't think Rude is even that horrible of a song, it's not like a musical masterpiece like Sk8er Boi is but it's just inoffensive and not worth probating me over, Baal!!!!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
i dont know how to phrase this as a resolution but i dont think zep is making past number 3 on his list

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

i dont know how to phrase this as a resolution but i dont think zep is making past number 3 on his list

Why, is there no S2? I thought S2 was out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Or is this a dig at my liveposting speeds.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
its a dig at your watching speeds

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have a bed laptop now, I can watch anime there (but not livepost from there).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Or I can just livepost on Discord for non-Love Live series.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll have you know I finished Violet Evergarden pretty quickly.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look I revamped my room and now I have a bed I can watch anime in because it has a desk that can fit a laptop.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please don't import Discord drama, this isn't Discord!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
what are you gonna do, report me

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

what are you gonna do, report me

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

5. Post Rude by MAGIC! at the new mod

Anyways I look forward to being banned.

Same