Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The original voice actors are 75 and 66 respectively, I think it's understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's been over 35 years since the old anime ended. I think it's a bit silly to imagine that they'd have all the VAs be able to come back or even be able to produce the sane voice after all that time.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why would people complain about Lum when it already happens all the time with Lupin and no one says a thing

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm more concerned that the two directors they list don't seem very impressive.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I thought that some fans tend to get a bit vocal whenever a VA doesn't reprised their role unless they're in retirement. I remember reading about a Kinnikuman game in Japan that bombed because Akira Kamiya didn't reprise him and they had Toshio Furukawa. Not to mention that they refuse to recast Banjou from Daitarn 3 in SRW, or any of Kamiya's main roles, causing stuff like Toei Getter, Raideen, Daimos, Dangaioh and 70's Gaiking to now being exiled from the series.

And for the record, I'm completely fine if they change the VA's if the original actors are too old. I was just saying that some fans are going to be vocal about the change

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

jojo part 5 was good, i'll give them rope on that basis

anyway yes they should've chosen a better VA than kamiya

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Why would people complain about Lum when it already happens all the time with Lupin and no one says a thing

Hardly "all the time". Although there's the usual rough drafts with pilot films, and a weird thing with the Fuma Conspiracy, the main Lupin cast held the role for decades, with a bit of a show every time the role got passed down, often to a hand-picked successor. They make a point of ending things on good terms, so the new VA can start without issue.

I think that's also part of why they had Hathaway's original VA get a cameo role in the new movie this year. Assuming the original VAs are active, you want to get their blessing when recasting. Helps avoid bad publicity and fan backlash.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They made an entire prologue episode for the new Lupin series to send off Jigen's VA

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tiny tiny teaser pv with voices

https://twitter.com/uy_allstars/status/1477127901837688833?t=cu-SeI9MpLzRXLc32z71ww&s=19

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

pretty sure the first time they replaced the lupin VAs (for the fuma conspiracy?) they got a lot of poo poo for it

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Four cour god drat.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Far as Lupin cast changes go, both Fujiko and Goemon had new VAs after Part 1 so at least early on they weren't afraid to change it up.

Fangz posted:

Yea. They could always surprise me and of course the material is so inherently strong on its own that I'm positive it won't be unwatchable, but considering the talent involved with the original anime those are some big shoes to fill!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I basically expect this to be like the newer season of Kino's Journey.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1477132321991970817

Can't wait to here the people complaining about the characters getting new VAs

My only issue with it is that Kamiya as Moroboshi instantly brings to mind Araragi

That being said, I can't argue that it's bad cad casting

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

My only issue with it is that Kamiya as Moroboshi instantly brings to mind Araragi

That being said, I can't argue that it's bad cad casting

they're the same character

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.
I find Futsal Boys really funny as a poster child for the "We're Running Out Of Sports To Anime" genre, right along with Burning Kabaddi. It's probably going to be really dull.

Kinda curious about Tribe Nine, just because it's the latest weirdass thing out of Too Kyo Games, but the trailer didn't do much at all for me. Significantly uglier than Akudama Drive was.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Level 1 Thief posted:

I find Futsal Boys really funny as a poster child for the "We're Running Out Of Sports To Anime" genre, right along with Burning Kabaddi. It's probably going to be really dull.

They can make a Hurling anime. Anime boys beating the absolute poo poo out of each other with sticks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Level 1 Thief posted:

I find Futsal Boys really funny as a poster child for the "We're Running Out Of Sports To Anime" genre

For a second there my brain interpreted that as "Foosball Boys" and my immediate reaction was "Holy poo poo that'd be an amazing sports anime"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's just mini soccer so i find it less remarkable than say

the pv looking sus, the whole project having been delayed from last year, and the insane gimmick of having VAs do irl futsal matches that affect the story (probably just of the mobage rather than anime)

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

sinky posted:

They can make a Hurling anime. Anime boys beating the absolute poo poo out of each other with sticks.

I read this as Curling. I wouldn’t put it past Japan to come up with a curling anime

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

A curling anime would be great. A cleaner being spotted for her incredible raw talent. Swept away on a grand adventure

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Literally swept off their feet and into a whole new world by a sexy, charismatic Canadian.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
a red-headed half canadian half japanese girl moves from PEI to her grandmother's house in hokkaido and discovers friendship on the ice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Reiche posted:

I read this as Curling. I wouldn’t put it past Japan to come up with a curling anime

https://twitter.com/kaguramoromi/status/967763006246477824

this was proposed but the project never went anywhere

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
sports anime/manga tend to really get off the ground when japan does well in the olympics, but the olympics of this year were a bit of a cluster so there wasnt really that bounce

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Davincie posted:

https://twitter.com/kaguramoromi/status/967763006246477824

this was proposed but the project never went anywhere

drat

If they made it an isekai it would be airing this season

Also I want that mango flag. I made myself a mango and blueberry smoothie like 20 mins ago

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Curling is one of the few sports I actually genuinely enjoy watching, so I'd actually watch that.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Now a hurling anime, that's pure sickos shirt material and i'd love to see it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
A dart throwing anime that's a stealth podcast for the VA's to talk about whatever and it's all improv.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Gimme an anime about caber tossing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

Gimme an anime about caber tossing.

A finger on the giant demon monkey's paw curls, and Wyald from Berserk gets to star in his own spin-off anime.

He does actually use a textbook caber toss on multiple occasions, including when he impales that dude on a church steeple.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 3, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm probably only going to watch bisque doll but I'm interested in The Orbital Children because it's by the director/writer of Dennou Coil

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stink Billyums posted:

a red-headed half canadian half japanese girl moves from PEI to her grandmother's house in hokkaido and discovers friendship on the ice

Also her grandmother taught her the secret tea room techniques for brushing down tatami mats efficiently between clients and she has to come to terms with her sense of familial loss and national patriotism before she can unlock her full sweeping potential

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

WOW that's a dire season, even the isekai trash sounds too much like trash

I thought Kuroitsu sounded like it might be a bit funny but the PV looks barely animated

then I thought Orient could be dumb fun and the PV again looks barely animated

maybe I'll just watch Priconne S1. it was funny, right? maybe Bisque Doll

quote:

Shuumatsu no Harem (World's End Harem)
Studio Gokumi ; AXsiZ | Yuu Nobuta | Tatsuya Takahashi | Sci-Fi, Ecchi | Manga | Jan 7, 2022
The Man-Killer Virus: a lethal disease that has eradicated 99.9% of the world's male population. Mizuhara Reito has been in cryogenic sleep for the past five years, leaving behind Tachibana Erisa, the girl of his dreams. When Reito awakens from the deep freeze, he emerges into a sex-crazed new world where he himself is the planet's most precious resource. Reito and four other male studs are given lives of luxury and one simple mission: repopulate the world by impregnating as many women as possible! All Reito wants, however, is to find his beloved Erisa who went missing three years ago. Can Reito resist temptation and find his one true love?

christ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
bisque doll is pretty good though i dont think the anime will get to the best part (when it starts being 60% about crossdressing)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Exactly! I mean a forced repopulation plan like that would be incredibly scientific, with a likely rotation for Samples as to not tire out the donors and all of them going through multiple rounds of IVF to produce as many offspring as possible while also screening for genetic abnormalities and preventing a shallow gene pool.

The idea that these 5 men would just be raw-dogging random women is ludicrous!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FilthyImp posted:

Exactly! I mean a forced repopulation plan like that would be incredibly scientific, with a likely rotation for Samples as to not tire out the donors and all of them going through multiple rounds of IVF to produce as many offspring as possible while also screening for genetic abnormalities and preventing a shallow gene pool.

The idea that these 5 men would just be raw-dogging random women is ludicrous!

There was an episode of Sliders where they did the exact same thing, just setting up our heroes to be raw dogging it every day. Admittedly somehow that universe had never invented IVF but you'd think that would be an impetus to try.

I wonder if the mangaka saw that episode. Did they get Sliders in Japan?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Kwyndig posted:

There was an episode of Sliders where they did the exact same thing, just setting up our heroes to be raw dogging it every day. Admittedly somehow that universe had never invented IVF but you'd think that would be an impetus to try.

I wonder if the mangaka saw that episode. Did they get Sliders in Japan?

lol I was just about to post this!

but in that show, the men were captured and treated as property by the state, so there was at least some downside.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I look forward to random internet nerds whining about whatever the studio has to do to make that broadcastable on Japanese television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Maybe it's just an instructional series meant to counter the declining Japanese birthrate...