Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
oh, it's encased in a small plastic shell

i was hoping for a return to those big rear end tape reels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
flash usually has the issue that each bit is really a small capacitor. they hold a charge, and while the resistance between the two charged "plates" is very high, it's still not infinite, so they will discharge sooner or later and you'll lose your data. there's really no way to avoid that

for magnetic stuff, i remember hearing that eventually the magnetic field of the earth takes its toll and degrades the data, but i never checked so maybe that's bullshit

i think optical media can be used long term if it's made specifically for it?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that reminded me i might want to make sure the offline backups of the credentials on my yubikey are still good

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it's probably linked to gaben's heart or something; the moment he croaks the whole thing gets wiped

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lol

it's like that thing a while ago where some people would just send fake bills to big companies and a good chunk of the time they'd actually get paid

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Cyber Cow Comms

(also lol at the cow rustler with a crowbar further down the listing - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33047375645.html )

my beef is augmented

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
poo poo now i want to see the previous four

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it'll somehow turn out that their model has found a way to be racist using only magnetic sensors, which is kinda impressive to be fair

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

welp this is pretty hosed up

Trompe le Monde posted:

I have an email that is very close to someone elses. I live in NZ, this other person lives in texas. To cut a long story short, this texas person has recently bought a second hand tesla and I am honking the horn, flashing the lights, and opening the boot and bonnet. Tech is stupid af

this on the other hand is extremely funny

in conclusion cyberpunk is a land of contrast

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

as someone raised by mental health professionals who has been in therapy for a long time (explains something?)

the idea that you could ever have a one-size-fits-all approach to mental health care, let alone one using a goddamned blackbox AI, is horrifying. therapy is intensely personal and good therapists are trained to let people take their journey at their own rate, because anything else simply does not work.

like i guess an ai could be used for a function like detecting "sex" and "12 years old" and doAlertCPS(); but giving platitudes and generic suggestions without a trained human understanding of the situation...oh my god

i've seen therapy apps that amount to fuzzy logic lists of suggestions, like a wall of pamphlets at the doctor's office, but never one that actually tries to be the therapist. i'm aghast

so i should throw more data into my ML model. gotcha

*model optimizes for 100% feedback score by convincing every user to kill themselves, leaving only paid reviews*

the data doesn't lie, therapists are obsolete!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
don't kinkshame

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
the most efficient system for allocating resources.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
facebook kinda painted themselves in a corner with that i think. what else do they have? the social network side of things looks like it peaked, and they don't do much else as far as i know. so if the, uh, "3d virtual paedoverse" as you elegantly put it, doesn't pan out, what do they do? so yeah, they're not gonna pull the plug unless they really have no other choice, and hopefully we get at least some hilarity out of this whole shitheap

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

having educated people work on stuff while stuck in gulags is an old russian tradition

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
facebook looked at microsoft's tai and thought to themselves "yes, this is good, but how can we do even better?"

i hope the resulting model is integrated into the metaverse, somehow

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Zamujasa posted:

as if it would be possible to tell the difference from the people already using metaverse

ah, a fair point

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

carmageddon sequel lookin' good

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
holy poo poo

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
:justpost:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

isn't accenture filled with a bunch of freaks thanks to some cult-ish corporate culture stuff that drives anyone else away, or am i thinking of another company? if so i wish them the worst. if i'm mistaken, then they'll still get the worst, because it's the metaverse

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
is nasa so much of a no-budget shitshow that they can't even afford a helpdesk for issues with their probes and rovers? and to think this is the same agency that put people on the moon

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Armitag3 posted:

japanese restaurant in berlin

i could see myself going in there and buying black market chips from a guy in the basement

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

not bad, but i'll keep trusting my renraku kraftwerk-I chummer

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
is this really even a grift? seems to me like everyone was enjoying themselves and getting something out of it

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

kliras posted:

it's basically singapore 2.0 for these techno-libertarian dipshits

i dunno, singapore has many advantages over this thing, such as 1) it exists 2) it's in a desirable location for a variety of reasons 3) somehow a less repressive place than saudi arabia in almost every imaginable way

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

does this thing at least have a cyber spur i can extend between my index and middle finger?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
weak poo poo. make one with gas engines and aircraft props and then i might respect you. 8 beautiful radials belching smoke and soaring through the sky at 300 km/h

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah but it also revealed some kind of giant glowing ball and they're hating it and it's setting everything on fire

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

yeah and you're probably about as likely to get jacked up by this thing not understanding overpenetration as it hoses down a crowd

maybe if they use a darker target its aim is gonna improve?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
they don't really export those though

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
breaking children's fingers with industrial robots is bad, but

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
meanwhile the democrats are trying to negotiate with the robot as it continually hits them on the head and tries to crush their skull against the table

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
only if it's a cyberaxe or laser axe or monofilament axe

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i thought the stellaris civics that lets you make your empire a megacorp that uses necromancy to keep their employees working forever was a bit out there, but once again reality ends up exceeding my expectations

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

distortion park posted:

Fancy UK online grocery company are selling this system in USA now I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DKrcpa8Z_E

once again dahir insaat was just ahead of its time

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that's clearly the covid thread, dumbass

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

champagne posting posted:

whenever the oil does dry up or become unfashionable everything in Dubai will away. You can't have supporting services for a disinterested Emir beyond scrubbing palace floors and keeping one generator running.

whenever oil dries up, and it will never become unfashionable just unprofitable in terms of energy returns, everything in the modern world will go away. modern agriculture is a giant factory that turns fossil fuel into food

putting the obviously insane stuff like "THE LINE" aside, stuff like dubai isn't entirely crazy in this world when you consider that the west has been more than happy to export all of its industrial capacity because services and financial fuckery are more immediately profitable than making things. the gulf states are just putting their money into replicating that

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

this makes it easier for my computer to suck my dick

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Armitag3 posted:

But the 3.5mm jack is in the back tho

Jonny 290 posted:

neat, so it's a microprocessor?

please... it's a serious condition :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
good artists copy, great artists steal

so with machine learning you're basically stealing from every artist, which means you're basically the greatest artist of all times