Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that picture appears to show people using contactless transit cards, so whether or not the text of the tweet is true, it's unrelated to the image

since that tweet is the only source for anyone reporting that, and the tweet itself doesn't link to an actual story, i wouldn't necessarily take it at face value

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mobby_6kl posted:

Contactless cards != Google pay though. In the Kyiv metro you could just use a normal credit/debit card as well.

you appear to be agreeing then. the picture is not of anyone fumbling to use cash, or a long line because of it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

stirlo posted:

same guy who’s been semi-threatening to drop the ISS onto earth

he has not been doing that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. oh yeah, for sure, they'll have the cars drive themselves back. also, since fsd is just a software upgrade, they can do it to any car.

weird how they're not doing that though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i'd be friends with either harry dean stanton or emilio estevez, for sure.

me too, but they were just awful people in the film

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cool, we're finally hitting the "human proxy" part of the cyberpunk dystopia

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

at least with google you can't shout commands at them when viewing the results

that looks heavy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

timeline.jpg

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

The Peripheral prequel looking grim

the jackpot wasn't really hypothetical

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well, poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/dog_envier/status/1507890334193258500

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

entirely accidental information warfare

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it being mgs2 in particular is too on the nose

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.nature.com/articles/s42256-022-00465-9

:thunk:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

*sighs and unsheathes crowbar*

just use it to hit the guy holding the xbox controller just out of frame

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they put metal filings in gak and move it around with a magnet, the most cyberpunk thing about it is getting people to keep reposting the article calling it a robot.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gak doesn't run 20k dollars an ounce

it might if you order it from NIST

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the absolute standard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Styling it out

isn't this the thing tori started mocking subjunctive for participating in a clinical trial of?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it has a 100% success rate, either way, you are no longer depressed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

so the woman at the back's the depressed one there right?

well, she's not wearing the helmet, so it stands to reason she'd be depressed. maybe it's her turn next

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

someone found a use for hololens

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1512050023021826055

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that did not happen

e: i'm the dangerous cross boarder raid

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 19, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

freshii strikes me as very much a "yuppie" brand

it's funny that the company behind the virtual cashiers assures us it's being done because of labour shortages, not to suppress wages. you know, because the wages for the work have nothing to do with the ability to attract labour.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i've never used that system, but i would guess that they review feedback from the otherwise automated checkout and respond to any questions or errors. so rather than have one person supervising a half-dozen automated checkouts in person, you have the same thing, but they're in a country with no minimum wage law

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's further dehumanising the work without actually automating it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cyberpunk as gently caress, really

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

$5M? that's like what, two tractors?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how is will.i.am still getting these "collaborations"?

who even remembers who will.i.am is or why he was ever even marginally famous?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

okay, that's good stuff.

i had no idea why i see his name pop up every few years in collaboration with someone to make a weird concept product, when he hasn't been notable in popular culture since the early 2000s

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

You should probably post more often than that

i disagree

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/historymatt/status/1525776275939418113

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

haveblue posted:

that robot's been lost for a while huh

poor fucker just keeps getting posted and returned to the woods

i see he went in the traditional greek fashion of just kinda expanding until he died

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Midjack posted:

this robot may never escape its verdant prison.

next week on black mirror

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

possibly the most american thing ever devised

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what's the clip from?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i thought that was an arasaka logo, but i've never seen that clip

go play cp2077. it's great fun and it looks incredible

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this looks pretty cool

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that is a pro tier grift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

*in south korea