Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol re: internet filez - I saw an ad on a Tumblr for an old horny-game from 1995 and decided to see if I could track it down; not on Archive.org, not on the english web, after reading autotranslated .Ru sites and goog-cache deleted reddit threads about opendirectories I found a Russian FTP server with good creds that had files on from 1994 onwards, and after some directory diving, success :cool: I could have hit the server with a GUI FTP Client but I used cmd FTP for max nostalgia. Fired the exe up in a dosBOX Win3.1 Vmachine, challenge completed!

Of course the game was barely-playable trash, but its more about the journey etc.

well go on then, what was the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gak doesn't run 20k dollars an ounce

call me back when it runs doom.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

i see loss in everything now

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

dude should have attached a tiny micro and speaker so that when you pull the trigger it plays the railgun sound from quake 3