Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
there was a post on metafilter today with a link to an interview with r. u. sirius, the editor of mondo 2000

surprisingly enough the comments were generally pretty hateful and negative, i thought the metafilter crowd would be all into that sf art stuff back then

also introduced me to the guy I almost was which was about someone discovering how the cyberspace scene was all a sham which pretty much matched my feelings of it back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
some teenagers in the woods are outside cell range but use starlink to make tiktok memes or some poo poo. then a big firmware update comes…

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
who the hell uses an industrial robot at full strength to play chess

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

would be cool if they used these as stealth guns in a movie, it's what silencers in movies pretend to be

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

fart simpson posted:

westworld may have the dumbest writing of any tv show ever. it’s so stupid. i can’t tell if the writers hold the audience in contempt or if the writers actually don’t know any better

supposedly they rewrote parts of the show because people on reddit guessed a twist too quickly

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
if I saw a skeleton moving on its own with no rational explanation it would be pretty spooky

but to be fair, if I saw anything moving on its own with no rational explanation it would be pretty spooky too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZEFNHod_DU