Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

first one, then -

FMguru posted:

first one, then the other

goddammit

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

BARONS PROFITABLE ENDEAVOR

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that game owned so hard.

the remake/remaster/whatever added like a timer and other stupid stuff for no discernible reason. ruined it :(

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm a disney princess at work but it's unrelated to by job duties

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just don't use the site that sucks

well

i don't use THAT site that sucks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

time for my weekly search on twitter for 'dyson urinal'

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

having a database of people who have died so their families can search/get closure is a humane and reasonable thing to do. sending families corpse pictures is obviously not. hopefully what is happening is more the former (with proof provided if requested) than the latter. _allowing_ someone to see their loved one's body is a lot different from forcing them to

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo that's terrifying

*turns on monitor*

also the thing where disney is teaching english for marketing reasons is disturbing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i would prefer that nobody builds robot shooty dogs, bombs, flamethrowers, etc. but if somebody's gonna build them i'd prefer that they not be unregulated

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

right, which is why the government shouldn't build them

so uh im not trying to be a dick but...agreed, yes, you correctly read my post? that comes off as way snarkier than i really intend but i think im not getting something here

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

why are the carpets so filthy? is the roomba failing to do its job

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i see basically no realistic threat in law enforcement having roomba-based data. but gently caress you that's my house, get your greedy datapaws out of here ya creep, aka

Carthag Tuek posted:

theres no good reason to collect the data, so just dont

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

they should just call it "the rotor algorithm"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus christ jonny

and i say that without clicking it!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

a big part of laying around being awesome is that you can stop doing it whenever you want and can instead sit around, walk around, loaf around, gently caress around, dick around, piddle around, putz around, bumble around, etc

i suspect that losing the options above really takes the shine off of laying around. getting to make a robot spill drinks on people, get in the way, go in circles, etc. at least gets a lot of the categories above

still feels real weird and bad to have paralyzed people control service robots though, ngl. they need to get paid for the work, and also not HAVE to do it bc frankly gently caress having to work to live when you're already hurting. i dont know how to give the option AND pay well AND not have it turn into a work-to-live thing (realistically, I mean, UBI of course gets there)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

skelletons are the king of spooky, how dare you

especially when they hide in barrels

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

are you trying to say that what lurks in the heart of man _isn't_ spooky

we're gonna have to disagree there

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

vroom vroom motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

on a big tree something like that will almost certainly not hurt it. it messes with the aesthetics but the tree'll be fine