Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bird in a Blender posted:

What happened to Timby?

Did something happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Happy New Year, guys.

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Pizzas came out pretty well! All of them came out edible and not burned to a crisp. Not circular by any means, but tasty. At least, I thought they were tasty; I think my family was expecting New York style, unaware that I was taking the first step on a journey towards the perfect Neapolitan pie. Ingrates :argh:

These look tasty! If you want your edges not to come out so puffy, try spreading the sauce and the toppings out closer to the edge. You only need about an inch of space between the edges and the toppings to make a good pizza bone.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Did something happen?

Apparently got a 100k hour probe for promising to sell something, but then not delivering after payment.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man, poo poo. That’s now Two chat thread goons running off with other goons money.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man, poo poo. That’s now Two chat thread goons running off with other goons money.

never doing a deal with you shady mofos (this is a joke ive got no problems with timby, he's just dealing with some poo poo)

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 2, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What makes it extra heartbreaking is the number of us who sent him money to help him out. Ultimately this hope he’s not in some real bad place. People do stupid stupid poo poo sometimes.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

People got probated for calling out his obvious grifting, turns out they were right all along. Be less gullible, folks. If someone is posting sad sack stories all the time and it’s not getting better, maybe that’s your sign.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Thanks bestowing your great wisdom oh benevolent goon :jerkbag:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

So how much did you send

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol things are so black and white eh?*

*For future reference when it’s dug up in 5 years, the above post is not about race

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Zero but that doesn't mean it's not eyeroll worthy when you swoop in to crow about how smart you are that you would never help somebody, as if compassion is some sort of weakness even if it burns you sometimes.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Obvious “hindsight is 20/20” poo poo gets posted here all the time but I can see why I’d get that reaction when I post the same. Godspeed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

DKCecil never survived to the days chat threads became allowed or it'd be three :v:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Intruder posted:

DKCecil never survived to the days chat threads became allowed or it'd be three :v:

That was cool lol he got like 10 people with the same story

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I remember several of us trying to give him a heads up he was gonna get perma'd in the GDT where he was actively posting and he just kept on posting about some sunday night football game or something and never said a thing.

He had to get that last post in I guess.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Every New Year's my mom likes to tell me not to eat anything on the day like chicken that scratches backwards, because you're supposed to move forward into the new year or whatever. Is eating leftovers on New Year's Day also bad luck? :v:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

Was he the one that ran off with some money from a goon fantasy league or whatever it was? I vaguely recall something like that happening but don’t recall the whole story.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fartknocker posted:

Was he the one that ran off with some money from a goon fantasy league or whatever it was? I vaguely recall something like that happening but don’t recall the whole story.

He asked his closest internet friends for rent money with lots of sweet promises to pay it all back and then jetted. Scumbag poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

yea ok posted:

He asked his closest internet friends for rent money with lots of sweet promises to pay it all back and then jetted. Scumbag poo poo.

Oh that's what happened to him.

All I remember is him being supposedly really sad IRL or something.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't really want to go much into it since it's like ten years ago but nah, he was asking people for loans so he could keep his lights on or whatever then never paid any of it back. You're thinking of public works project

e: beaten

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

I don’t even remember that story!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

Don't really want to go much into it since it's like ten years ago but nah, he was asking people for loans so he could keep his lights on or whatever then never paid any of it back. You're thinking of public works project

e: beaten

Man, I don't even remember who public works project was.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think he might have been a Falcons fan so he would have gone away on his own anyway possibly. That's the only thing I remember about him and I'm not 100% sure on that, other than he wasn't obviously a jerk most of the time.

Er, when he wasn't stealing money from people I mean.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hopefully Timby gets the stuff worked out and is ok. Looks like if he pays the guy back then the probe will be lifted. If not... well, so long Timby

fartknocker posted:

I recall the name but little else. I think maybe it was them or another poster (Soothing Vapors, maybe?) whose wife was the subject of a running series of puns and jokes for a while.

I should have quoted you when I replied instead of assuming I'd be the first reply. pwp is the guy who ran off with the fantasy money and when it came to light he just never posted again. Didn't even eat a probe or ban or anything, just vanished

e: anyway I'm gonna stop posting about this now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I recall the name but little else. I think maybe it was them or another poster (Soothing Vapors, maybe?) whose wife was the subject of a running series of puns and jokes for a while.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
While I can't weigh in on other stuff, I will say Timby's medical issues were real. I talked to him about various issues, treatment plans etc on the phone a couple times. Medical debt coupled with chronic pain and illness can drive the best people to dark places. Not trying to stick up for him, but am trying to give some context and maybe explanation as to why whatever happened, happened.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I gave him some money, but I never thought it was a loan, and from what other people posted in the previous incarnation of this thread it didn't sound like y'all were expecting a payback. The linked post in the probe is him selling something, so I'm guessing he never sent the thing he sold and also didn't refund it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Please just ban people who ask for money on this website thanks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm not too upset about Timby. He's going through a lot.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

dont care about any of this just here to lol that he promised to sell the dvds or whatever a literal year and a half ago and is only just now facing consequences (inability to post (account is $10 (he can even still read the forums)))

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Finally saw Matrix 2,3, and 4 yesterday and today. They’re all pretty bad. Original Matrix is still pretty good though.

Lukewarm take: seeing them all in a row, I think the second (Reloaded) is actually the worst. It’s a real double-whammy of lame action setpieces and nothing of consequence happening.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 2, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fun weather today, the high was in the low 80s and it's going to drop to 30 overnight

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Went on a snowy hike, 10/10 first day of 2022, would recommend

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m also going to assume that Timby sold an ape NFT but right-click, saved-as before sending it and I’m not going to be convinced otherwise.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Freaquency posted:

Looks awesome.

We are in northern AZ for New Years and had a great day sledding in the foot or so that fell overnight.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

Nice. My wife and I have done a hike together around New Year's for the past couple of years, hoping to make it a tradition going forward.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

Finally saw Matrix 2,3, and 4 yesterday and today. They’re all pretty bad. Original Matrix is still pretty good though.

Lukewarm take: seeing them all in a row, I think the second (Reloaded) is actually the worst. It’s a real double-whammy of lame action setpieces and nothing of consequence happening.

Yeah the 2nd one really suffered from having to set up the trilogy's final movie, over done CGI and not really knowing what to do with the character once he became 'the one' 4 was just bad from start to finish but the action at the end was kind of decent.

The 3rd one had some good set pieces from what I remember but I'd rather not watch it again to remind myself it sucks and be happy with my memories of it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Yeah the 2nd one really suffered from having to set up the trilogy's final movie, over done CGI and not really knowing what to do with the character once he became 'the one' 4 was just bad from start to finish but the action at the end was kind of decent.

The 3rd one had some good set pieces from what I remember but I'd rather not watch it again to remind myself it sucks and be happy with my memories of it.

The Zion seige in 3 is endless, features a bunch of characters you don’t care about, and is just generally overcrowded visual puke.

I kind of enjoyed the meta aspects of 4 in the first act, but they don’t really go anywhere.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 2, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I can’t remember, did the Matrix come out before or after Columbine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

I can’t remember, did the Matrix come out before or after Columbine?

LIterally like 3 weeks before