Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Qwijib0 posted:

Are they chirping at it? Cat chirps are adorable.

Chirps and a lot of desolate pawing at the window followed by some sad meows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm watching this truly ridiculous stupid Ambulance movie.

Michael Bay could shoot an old man reading a book by a window and make it look loving incredible but jesus loving christ he cannot tell a story for poo poo. He's made maybe 2 good movies ever but I gotta respect how loving good they always look.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Roast taters

I also fried that bread in fat I skimmed from the slow cooked ribs. Would reccomend.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

BlindSite posted:

I'm watching this truly ridiculous stupid Ambulance movie.

Michael Bay could shoot an old man reading a book by a window and make it look loving incredible but jesus loving christ he cannot tell a story for poo poo. He's made maybe 2 good movies ever but I gotta respect how loving good they always look.

I saw it with my family in the theater and when it was over I looked at them and asked if Bay was making a movie to defund the police as that was all I gathered from it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SundayMoney posted:

I saw it with my family in the theater and when it was over I looked at them and asked if Bay was making a movie to defund the police as that was all I gathered from it

I could buy that being his motive. His most humanitarian film (The Island) is also his only film that was a real bomb, then he repurposed some of the chase footage in an action sequence for one of his most reactionary films (Transformers 3)

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

The Rescue Rangers movie slaps, everyone should see it. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Samadhi posted:

The Rescue Rangers movie slaps, everyone should see it. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Watched it last night with the kids and enjoyment was had by all.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Only airport I’ve ever had to sleep in. Thanks AirTran, you fucks!

We are flying to Denver later this year w a 5yo (her first flight) and after we booked delta we were like what in the gently caress are we doing and managed to book a United direct route for 600$ less.

I don’t mind connections usually because I almost always carry on only, but we will have to check for this trip.

the worst thing in the world is flying internationally and having to make a connection that isn't international. So eg flying from overseas to Atlanta and then on somewhere else in the U.S.

and the worst part of that is getting off a 10+ hour flight groggy as hell and then going through American airport security theater. almost got thrown in the clink once for mouthing back at the loving TSA dork for being half-asleep and forgetting my belt was still on.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

the worst thing in the world is flying internationally and having to make a connection that isn't international. So eg flying from overseas to Atlanta and then on somewhere else in the U.S.

and the worst part of that is getting off a 10+ hour flight groggy as hell and then going through American airport security theater. almost got thrown in the clink once for mouthing back at the loving TSA dork for being half-asleep and forgetting my belt was still on.

Last time I traveled I happened to have a small bottle of soap or something in my backpack that had fallen down some deep pocket and I didn’t realize was there. The women at the counter snatched it out victoriously and was like THIS IS IN VIOLATION and got loud and I was just like ok throw it away I didn’t even realize it was in there.

Like sorry my 4oz bottle of doctor bronners or whatever is scary to you, but don’t give me any grief, goddamn.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

Last time I traveled I happened to have a small bottle of soap or something in my backpack that had fallen down some deep pocket and I didn’t realize was there. The women at the counter snatched it out victoriously and was like THIS IS IN VIOLATION and got loud and I was just like ok throw it away I didn’t even realize it was in there.

Like sorry my 4oz bottle of doctor bronners or whatever is scary to you, but don’t give me any grief, goddamn.

It's an irl Stanford Prison Experiment where they're convinced you are the enemy trying any possible way to sneak things by when both parties involved would acknowledge it's ridiculous theater if allowed to discuss it on neutral ground.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

LeeMajors posted:

Sounds like something a TERRORIST would say

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Samadhi posted:

It's extremely good.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

I just lost a set of channel locks because they were at the bottom of my bag and I completely forgot. At least the TSA agent was cool about it though. I hate flying.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I keep a pair of electrician’s scissors in my work bag, and maybe 10% of the time some overzealous TSA agent will spot them on the X-ray and make a big show of measuring them to confirm that they’re under the allowed length. I think most of them are just doing a job and don’t really give a poo poo, but there’s also some of the wackjobs who think they’re the “last line of defense” (while missing over half of the things they’re supposed to catch). Add into the mix a few of the assholes who seem to actually get off on making a crummy experience worse and it’s enough to make any trip miserable.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have cocaine and heroin in my bag that I sometimes forget is there and TSA lets me keep it. They make women throw out breast milk though. There’s a lot to think about.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s a hell of a weekend

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
If you don't give yourself a personal cavity search before going through TSA it proves you are a bad person who doesn't care about other people.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's an irl Stanford Prison Experiment where they're convinced you are the enemy trying any possible way to sneak things by when both parties involved would acknowledge it's ridiculous theater if allowed to discuss it on neutral ground.

Man I loving hate the aggressive stance of law enforcement and law adjacent agencies. I’m a husband and a father and a grown rear end man. Go gently caress yourself.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I once went through TSA with a metal grinder full of weed that my cousin put there not realizing I was leaving the next day, and I got caught with a bittle of water. I didn't even know about the weed until I got home, but lol at making a huge deal about the water bottle and completely missing the weed.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

swickles posted:

I once went through TSA with a metal grinder full of weed that my cousin put there not realizing I was leaving the next day, and I got caught with a bittle of water. I didn't even know about the weed until I got home, but lol at making a huge deal about the water bottle and completely missing the weed.

Where/when was it? For the brief period I was going from CA to MN regularly, I looked up the TSA rules on weed and they just defer to local law enforcement. If you were somewhere it's legal the most they would have done is toss it out.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yesterday I popped into a corner record store while waiting for some friends to finish dinner and found a re-issue of Beastie Boys - Aglio E Olio that I wanted when it was re-released on a Record Store Day last year but didn’t feel like waiting in a line outside of the record store near me for two hours at 6AM on a Saturday, so I was pretty happy to find it randomly

I just opened it and it’s a clear vinyl :coolfish:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Where/when was it? For the brief period I was going from CA to MN regularly, I looked up the TSA rules on weed and they just defer to local law enforcement. If you were somewhere it's legal the most they would have done is toss it out.

It was from Virginia to Florida and well before the TSA ever made that decision. Also, its not like they were like what have we here, they just never saw it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I need a reality check from the thread. Do you let google or whatever save your passwords for everything, including bank/financial accounts?

I generally do, but my wife thinks I’m nuts to do that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gently caress no

I don't even use a password manager though

I just memorize like eight different passwords, try the first five before a given site locks me out, reset the password again, and then try to memorize a ninth password

you know, like normal people

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

I need a reality check from the thread. Do you let google or whatever save your passwords for everything, including bank/financial accounts?

Nope. I don't save credit card information on a browser/service level either.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I don't use any of them. I'm not sure that it makes a difference, but I've always been that way.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I use a password manager, mainly because I try to randomize my username as well as password on sites that will let me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I let Safari keep mine, but have two factor authentication on pretty much any account that involves banking or email. I used to use a branching password but now I let Safari generate those 20 character passwords.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Yeah this is bad of you in my opinion. For an anecdote the only time I've been noticeably hacked and had to bother my bank/credit card company was on XBox Live when some kid in England bought a bunch of card packs or whatever for FIFA a decade ago. Which is bad, but it happened once, and I didn't end up having to pay for it although it was a pain in my rear end calling up to say no I didn't spend 300 bucks trying to land Ronaldo or whatever.

I mean that's not all that bad of a story in the end, but avoiding the possibility of that type of thing lets you be less mad in general should it ever happen. And if you're a moron like me it makes you pause before you buy anything and wonder if you actually want or need it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 22, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

what's the practical difference of letting a browser remember your credit card info?

Don't they automatically basically take and store that info anyway when you use it?

My home PC and my phone have credit card info saved on it in the respective browsers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I let my apple stuff and firefox on windows remember passwords and have two factor auth on anything important.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Every credit card info can easily be stolen. There's websites that aren't even "dark web" where you can purchase CC numbers. Banks all know your poo poo is going to be stolen at any point and factor in that and are just more likely to take a hit on a fraudulent card.

My CC info randomly got stolen and someone tried to buy Herman Miller chairs with it. I caught it, notified the bank, they reverse the charge, closed that card and gave me a new one :shrug: I don't think it makes a difference where your card info is stored. If someone wants it, they'll get it.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I was a keepass user for the longest time but am now a 1password convert. Family vault for shared banking, medical, etc accounts is great.

Any password manager is better than none though.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The most secure feature I have for my credit card is getting a notification on my phone every time there is a charge. I assume every transaction has a chance the number gets stolen, but at least I'll know as soon as there's a questionable charge.

e: of course the caveat is it's on Google pay, so if you don't trust Google to know it :shrug:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Watching Doom Patrol and it hit me Elasti Woman is literally Diane from Cheers, they even look alike.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
God, gently caress this country so much.

https://twitter.com/rivbutcher/status/1528480860265119744?t=BPwhv_svcNwblR7C9fFpnw&s=19

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm fully baked into the Apple ecosystem, and use the password keychain tied to 2FA (Face ID/Touch ID). they do inform you if your password has been found in breaches, but you still have to go change 'em manually, which is annoying. But it is nice to not have to remember a ton of passwords (or the ones it generates).

though the one thing I've hosed up and lost the Google Authenticator 2FA for and didn't have backup codes for was...my Switch account :facepalm: had to dig around on Nintendo Japan's site a good bit to find where you can get a 2FA-applied Nintendo account unlocked to get back in.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Is that in alaska or hawaii or something? I'm in the SF bay area, we have pretty expensive gas, and I haven't seen prices above maybe mid-six bucks (and our minimum wage statewide is $14-$15 depending on employer size).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/DagothUrine/status/1528028479865950209

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

Is that in alaska or hawaii or something? I'm in the SF bay area, we have pretty expensive gas, and I haven't seen prices above maybe mid-six bucks (and our minimum wage statewide is $14-$15 depending on employer size).

Beverly Hills, at a gas station that is always pricier than everywhere else for some reason