Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I forgot a thread tag AGAIN. Happy new year!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
:firstpost:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i cant believe you locked the the thread while i was midpost!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sally posted:

i cant believe you locked the the thread while i was midpost!

Our tag isn't about cum this is a real crisis

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
quantum of phallus, save yourself and don't read any more Dune books past the first one!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Barudak posted:

so its possible its chopped up similar to the atrocious car chase to start Quantum of Solace

Still amazing to me they chose to open their movie with that diarrhea

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey, Messiah of Dune is pretty good.

The rest just suck

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Very cool

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ANYWAY, before the last thread was closed we were talking about the best comedy of the last two decades and we all agreed that it's anchorman

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I liked their Matrix HitB it was very good and they noticed some stuff I missed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I still don't even understand why, either. Oh those modern movie goers, there brains are too simple to conceive of a car chase with more than 3 cars

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cubone posted:

ANYWAY, before the last thread was closed we were talking about the best comedy of the last two decades and we all agreed that it's anchorman

Well it's definitely not weatherman!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cubone posted:

Step Brothers or Booksmart would be my choices.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cubone posted:

Listing more:

Stepbrothers
Jackass the Movie 2
Borat
The Hangover
Tropic Thunder
Aqua Teen Hunger Force the Movie

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

The rest just suck

God emperor of dune is genuinely pretty entertaining as long as you can cope with how loving weird it is, but you have to get through children of dune which I think even a lot of dune stans now admit is just a straight up bad book. And obviously everything else is a safe skip. Frank herbert was an OG hack fraud

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i will continue to watch garbage until the day they toss me in a paupers grave

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sally posted:

quantum of phallus, save yourself and don't read any more Dune books past the first one!

Coward. Why do you hate the true legacy of Dune?

Barudak posted:

The rest just suck

No Mods No Masters posted:

God emperor of dune is genuinely pretty entertaining as long as you can cope with how loving weird it is, but you have to get through children of dune which I think even a lot of dune stans now admit is just a straight up bad book. And obviously everything else is a safe skip. Frank herbert was an OG hack fraud

This is the true legacy of Dune, arguing the arbitrary point at which the sequels are no longer in any sense redeemable

reignofevil posted:

I forgot a thread tag AGAIN. Happy new year!

They can't all be home runs.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 1, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Children of Dune is so bad that as wild as God Emperor tried to get I was burnt out.

Then I tried to read heretics of dune, ugh.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shinjobi posted:

I think that production was a huge mess which was made worse by the writer's strike

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

God Emperor ruled for Leto II being the prototypical fat goon knowitall right down to being transported around on a royal rascal. He has to clone his only friend repeatedly because he keeps killing him in fits of rage. He’s horny for a girl who was bred specifically to be his ideal but can’t close the deal!

Also subsequent books get awesomely horny by 70s sci fi standards to an uncomfortable degree at times.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At the very least we're getting both yet another Scream movie as well as the long delayed Morbius movie this month

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I am swearing an oath here and now that I'll never get better than this

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

People will defend scream 4, and yknow what, piss on that

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Barudak posted:

Listing more:

Stepbrothers
Jackass the Movie 2
Borat
The Hangover
Tropic Thunder
Aqua Teen Hunger Force the Movie

Even if we're just looking at the last 10

Happy Death Day
The Nice Guys
Booksmart
Bridesmaids

We really shouldn't be lowering the bar for Adam McKay apologists

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Maybe we should just close this and try again in 2023.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

:emptyquote:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

People will defend scream 4, and yknow what, piss on that
It was trash and I'm sure the new one will be worse

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Victis posted:

If you love The Daily Show in 2021 you'll love Don't Look Up
brutal

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

reignofevil posted:

Maybe we should just close this and try again in 2023.

What are the odds it'd be any better?

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
America deserved 9/11. Pretty sure that'll track from the last thread, don't worry about it just have fun everybody

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sticky ground floor

:frogc00l:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

treat posted:

America deserved 9/11. Pretty sure that'll track from the last thread, don't worry about it just have fun everybody

If its on a Big Dogs tshirt its true

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress you it's January!!!!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ok for the record I actually forgot adam mckaye "directed" anchorman

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I will personally defeat every RLM member on the battlefield of the mind

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

All these fireworks are scaring my dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sally posted:

I've read all six and i don't get how people get mad at the son for writing unnecessary sequels when books 5 and 6 are about the conflict between the Reverend Mothers and the Honored Matres featuring sex god Duncan Idaho 237