Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I liked their Matrix HitB it was very good and they noticed some stuff I missed.

Shut up, Rodd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cubone posted:

ANYWAY, before the last thread was closed we were talking about the best comedy of the last two decades and we all agreed that it's anchorman

It's Walk Hard and it isn't even close

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

gently caress movies

Thanks for playing garbage movies Reign! I'd be happy to help you set up Plex or whatever if you want.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 1, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I will admit I do hope to see the Honored Matres in the movies eventually because those chicks sound hot as hell.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

gently caress, that was excellent. I never needed to watch another musicin biopic ever again and actually has some genuinely good songs in it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gripweed posted:

gently caress that movie, it made my date so furious she went home early and I had to wait longer to bang her.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOTiTVuizU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gripweed posted:

All these fireworks are scaring my dog
:(

pet your dog please

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SilvergunSuperman posted:

gently caress that movie, it made my date so furious she went home early and I had to wait longer to bang her.

Did your date lose a brother in the same way?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gripweed posted:

poo poo that's a good answer

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

People will defend scream 4, and yknow what, piss on that

kalel posted:

also jay was pretty on the money when he said that the plot of the film doesn't really matter. it's a Meta film so everything that happens is just symbolic of something else and isn't necessarily concerned with being good storytelling

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
somehow, like we all didn’t watch mike drink those tau proteins into existence

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

mallratcal posted:

gently caress movies

Thanks for playing garbage movies Reign! I'd be happy to help you set up Plex or whatever if you want.

Thanks! I keep forgetting this is a thing I should be doing!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Okay I'm leaving this thread in everyone's capable hands make sure it's real nice when I decide to be conscious again, I'm gonna go shower and hit the sack.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

reignofevil posted:

Okay I'm leaving this thread in everyone's capable hands make sure it's real nice when I decide to be conscious again, I'm gonna go shower and hit the sack.

woo cat's away mice will play

Last Jedi good
M4trix good
Godfather 3 good

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*Preparing to speak the words that will drat us to another year of hell*

Rose and finn should have simply parked legally on canto blight

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rose and Finn are the greatest on-screen couple since Harry and Sally

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
i dont have the attention span for best of the worst.

this year I will continue to enjoy watching 4 hour movies and drunk/dying men talk about them for an hour.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

infernal machines posted:

Coward. Why do you hate the true legacy of Dune?

This is the true legacy of Dune, arguing the arbitrary point at which the sequels are no longer in any sense redeemable

i am participating in said legacy by virtue of arguing to stop after Dune 1!

(but if youre not gonna stop, at least see it out to God emperor Dune)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gripweed posted:

I've read all six and i don't get how people get mad at the son for writing unnecessary sequels when books 5 and 6 are about the conflict between the Reverend Mothers and the Honored Matres featuring sex god Duncan Idaho 237

Sonic-the-Hedghog-Neo-Sex-God-Duncan-Idago-237... couldn't Miles Teg run so fast he could slow down time? the part where he could give women orgasms just by looking at them was wild. Heretics of Dune was rubbish to an incredible degree

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

this but for don't look up

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Brass Against was the band that peed in a fan's mouth on stage and they called them out in the matrix review but didn't mention that smdh

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

great big cardboard tube posted:

Brass Against was the band that peed in a fan's mouth on stage and they called them out in the matrix review but didn't mention that smdh

were you folding laundry?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Yes why do you mention

Cubone
May 26, 2011

great big cardboard tube posted:

they showed the clip

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Oh... It appears I'm dumb and should be ignored

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Happy gently caress you, it's January, everybody!

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Movies are bad and theaters are typhoid Mary disguised as buildings so I'm finally watching Counterpart season 2 with Oscar™ winner JK Simmons and it's great. I'm sad it got cancelled.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I watched Power of the Dog and it was sooooo bbbbbooooorrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnng. Phenomenal acting and cinematography but it's so dry and uneventful. Constantly invoked feelings of "Okay....And?" until a predictable "That's it?" ending. Dustier than a mummy fart. Uneven and distracting music.

Way, way less than the sum of its parts.

Haven't seen such a critical darling mega-snoozefest since The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Cubone posted:

ANYWAY, before the last thread was closed we were talking about the best comedy of the last two decades and we all agreed that it's anchorman

ah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What’s everyone watching today?

Happy new year!!

:cheers:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I forgot a thread tag AGAIN. Happy new year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_PPdjD6mg

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Sally posted:

Sonic-the-Hedghog-Neo-Sex-God-Duncan-Idago-237... couldn't Miles Teg run so fast he could slow down time? the part where he could give women orgasms just by looking at them was wild. Heretics of Dune was rubbish to an incredible degree

His name isn't Teg, it's Miles Prower

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What’s everyone watching today?

Happy new year!!

:cheers:

happy new year!

i'm gonna try and watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1WYnJF1Pwo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That looks cool!

My new thing I’ve been doing is sorting my Plex by duration short to long and picking shorter films to get through. I’ve really missed a tight sub-2hr drama, you don’t get much of them any more.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cubone posted:

:(

pet your dog please

I can't continue the movie chat until I know the dog has been petted

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Wow. HitB actually made me want to watch the new Matrix. Good job, midwestern drunks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
somehow i never knew there was a texas chainsaw massacre with zellweger and mcconaughey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmyDMs3ec5w

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
It's January!