Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did 2021 suck?
This poll is closed.
Yes 54 28.27%
Very much yes 34 17.80%
Oh gently caress yes 32 16.75%
Are you fuckign kidding me, HELL YES IT SUCKED 71 37.17%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

StormDrain posted:

I had a fun conversation today, where I mentioned a thread. She said a thread where? So I said here. She thought it was a gore website. I also shared that I have been registered since 2003 and she said well happy ten year anniversary! I asked her to check the math and it was like I could hear the internal anguish of realizing 2003 was twenty years ago.

Happy New Year!

Ha nice. Meeting up with some friends this week talking about old adventures and saying drat that was 20 years ago - uh no Dave that was almost 30 years ago we did that and then doing the math…ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Andrew Tate was feeling himself and smelling his own farts a bit too much me thinks :v:

I've never seen such a high degree of smugness on the internet before and that's saying a lot. Wonder how smug he is now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

everdave posted:

Ha nice. Meeting up with some friends this week talking about old adventures and saying drat that was 20 years ago - uh no Dave that was almost 30 years ago we did that and then doing the math…ouch

That we've been in the 2000s for twenty two years is a goddamned lie. I'm almost as young at heart as when I was drinking in a speakeasy in rural West Virginia watching the change from 1999 to 2000.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Since we're out and about talking about it, I've never knowingly used a gig economy service and I'll try to keep it that way. They'll slowly conquer the world and make us all sub-minimum-wage slaves anyway, but at least I'll try as hard as I can not to help them.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

My plan is to build a bunker in the mountains like those doomsday preppers that we all mocked. It is odd that the doomsday is not war, famine, disease or asteroid but poo poo posting.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Since we're out and about talking about it, I've never knowingly used a gig economy service and I'll try to keep it that way. They'll slowly conquer the world and make us all sub-minimum-wage slaves anyway, but at least I'll try as hard as I can not to help them.

I try to minimize it myself, I also avoid self checkouts.

When people started firing up old fossil fuel plants to make fake money I decided being a luddite was nothing to be ashamed of.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If DoorDash would deliver to my apocalypse bunker that would be sweet

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh hey, thread closes tomorrow. If you feel like snatching the OP for 2023 chat, go right ahead as of now given 2023 is now a thing in NZ

Have a good NYE, I'm going to bed. See ya in 2023

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Indeed, greetings from the strange and mysterious future!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Making a last batch of chilli to see out the year

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

freelop posted:

Is 1 can of morrisons tomats and 1 can of aldi tomats a specific part of the recipe?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

As specified in the recipe passed down for generations

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

freelop posted:

This image would probably induce suicides in Texans.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fornax Disaster posted:

When people started firing up old fossil fuel plants to make fake money I decided being a luddite was nothing to be ashamed of.

I decided it when people started using their phones as an extension of themselves. Neuralink is next I guess and I'll still be holding out with my non chip plain brain

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone who cares that much about what someone else makes to eat deserves to be triggered.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Happy New Year goons. May your enemies find death and your loved ones find fortune

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I decided it when people started using their phones as an extension of themselves. Neuralink is next I guess and I'll still be holding out with my non chip plain brain

I think you're safe

FE:
Very safe

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not enough chilis. Where's the spice!? :emo:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

I think you're safe

FE:
Very safe

Yeah saw all that. Won't stop people from doing it tho.

Countdown to people with google in their brain feeling superior to non chip people

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Goodbye 2022, you won't be missed.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mustache Ride posted:

Beans are fine but canned corn? :argh:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Anyone who cares that much about what someone else makes to eat deserves to be triggered.

Oh, I agree entirely.

BraveUlysses posted:

It's the chickpeas that startled me, although after a moment's consideration I realized that chickpea chili is probably delicious.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I’ve been in a few bars where the vegan chili with chickpeas is better than the meat chili.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
If you thinks beans go in chili you don't know beans about chili.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BraveUlysses posted:

The corn is fine provided they allow the corn to rest and come up to room temperature before cooking

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Happy new years, goons! I hope its a drat sight better than the last... several.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

fridge corn posted:

The corn is fine provided they allow the corn to rest and come up to room temperature before cooking

:gary:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Happy new year goons. This will probably be the first NYE of my life that I'll sleep into the new year, but :effort:

Wonder how long it'll take me to start writing 2021 2022 damnit 2023 on checks?

e: holy gently caress it's like WWIV (I don't mean the BBS software) over here, some dickhat is setting off mortars just outside.

Mustache Ride posted:

Here's the first ingredient in chili. A little more. Now you're starting to speak my language. Now we're talkin. Use Shiner for the liquid.

If you're lazy you can doctor this up to be somewhat passable with some extra red chili powder, a couple of serranos, and using Shiner Bock for the liquid. Really needs to simmer all day, but it's the easy way out - probably the best mix I've found. I know mix is a four letter word with chili (same with beans, though I'll tolerate kidney beans in it...), but this one's decent.

Or just go here. Their XXX is pretty drat good, their habanero is downright warm. My face is tingling just from watching Texas Bucket List guy eat the habanero chili, he's got more tolerance than I do.

Mustache, you been there?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 1, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Happy New Year from the Cat household Goons.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
GOATSE NEW YEAR!!!

Mod edit: Removed Goatse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 1, 2023

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Happy new year everybody :)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I approve.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

loving really?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

my word

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

wesleywillis posted:

GOATSE NEW YEAR!!!

Mod edit: Removed Goatse

Well thats def a way to close this thread on

Happy 2023to you all!

Edit : Somone else can do a OP for 2023 :)

Edit and here 2023's chat thread OP by STR - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020941

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 1, 2023