Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
On a similar note I just saw a Washington Post article about a North Carolina man who turned down a life saving kidney transplant because it would require him to get a covid vaccine. Said "I was born free, I'll die free." I guess if you view choosing to die from a preventable disease as "freedom", then ok, go for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pmchem posted:

california dems at every level are just pro-choice republicans

change my mind

sometimes they're not pro choice

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That fanny pack is the coolest thing in the picture

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Duzzy Funlop posted:

33 year old teacher set himself on fire outside a police station in Italy, supposedly over losing his job due to vax mandates, but the latter part is currently still Twitter speculation, so grain of salt and all.

There's a video on Twitter, but if you do not like humans on fire, or haunting howls of agony, I'd recommend you don't watch it.

Stupid. If the dude wanted to die in a fire he should've just bought a Tesla like other crazies.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PeterCat posted:

And as far as no one being forced to take the vaccine, That's a little like saying no one is forced to sleep with the boss they just will lose their job if they don't.

Aw boo hoo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Haha no it's nothing like that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

On a similar note I just saw a Washington Post article about a North Carolina man who turned down a life saving kidney transplant because it would require him to get a covid vaccine. Said "I was born free, I'll die free." I guess if you view choosing to die from a preventable disease as "freedom", then ok, go for it?

Sounds like somebody who would've been non-compliant with the maintenance drugs anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PeterCat posted:

And as far as no one being forced to take the vaccine, That's a little like saying no one is forced to sleep with the boss they just will lose their job if they don't.

What the blue hell are you talking about?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A lot of us docs are discussing if, and very well when, insurance companies or Medicare will classify Covid pneumonia and ARDS a preventable illness, and raise insurance premiums vs not cover unvaccinated people who end up with a $500,000 ICU bill. It could legitimately happen, the least and easiest being simply raising premiums. A part of me wonders if getting a letter in the mail saying their premiums are going up 150% unless they get vaccinated would actually even motivate these people. It very well might not one drat bit. Frankly, the unvaccinated by choice crowd often have deep and fixed delusions about Covid in general. Their entire personal psyche is practically propped up on this one massive denial by now. But another part of me also worries that insurance companies making a move like this could also further disenfranchise the poor, homeless, lower middle class, and minority populations who just have poor access to the vaccine to begin with and can already hardly ever afford preventative health let alone a massive medical bill. But like, when has this ever stopped insurance companies from doing..anything?

I 100% will not be surprised if life insurance companies do this though. They probably won’t even tell anyone.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Don't they use actuarial tables for literally everything? It would probably be one of the least ghoulish things that they've ever done.

Or Fox News would turn on the medical insurance industry with a ferocity that rivals a pack of hyenas. That's a win-win in my book.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A lot of employers effectively self-insure for medical costs, even if they use a third party administrator. That might drive some additional employer vaccine mandates once those bills get untangled and they realize how potentially expensive non-vaccinated employees are.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

33 year old teacher set himself on fire outside a police station in Italy, supposedly over losing his job due to vax mandates, but the latter part is currently still Twitter speculation, so grain of salt and all.

There's a video on Twitter, but if you do not like humans on fire, or haunting howls of agony, I'd recommend you don't watch it.

All I can think is some Italian guy screaming on fire and wildly gesticulating.

I know that’s awful, but if that’s why he did it, I think making fun of them is in good taste.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What a stupid loving way and reason to kill yourself. At least he’s not gonna be taking up a ventilator and ICU bed with Omicron.

He regretted doing what he did, you can tell. The guys marbles were clearly lost. I hope if there is something after this mortal life that he’s shown mercy and comfort. Even if he’s a dumbass antivaxxer.

Well he did get some form of mercy…the Emperor‘s Mercy.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the blue hell are you talking about?

Yea, I'm confused. As far as I was aware chuds not getting vaccinated and getting fired is the exception not the rule except in the case of the military and hospitals.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

PeterCat posted:

Mind you, the Biden Administration and Congress have made no proposals that I am aware of to revamp the process for applying for refugee status, or immigrating to the US, and according to the Vice President, the solution is to encourage Central American countries to have more women farmers.

Getting more women involved in public life, through both workforce development and more directly getting them into collective decisions, is legitimately the single thing that pretty much every study ever done agrees is useful for stabilization. It's easy to poo poo on as just identity politics, but it's about as close to an evidence-based intervention as it's possible to get.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
my argument for women running the world is to just ask the question "how many gently caress ups in human history are the results of the actions of men?"

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

my argument for women running the world is to just ask the question "how many gently caress ups in human history are the results of the actions of men?"

It's her turn.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

the answer is yes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I can think of a few mistakes your mom made.

:v:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

dude on fire sounds like luigi lol

PookBear fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 1, 2022

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

PeterCat posted:

I think comparing sexual extortion with lawful vaccine mandates is only something someone would do if either very dishonest or very stupid.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pmchem posted:

dems at every level are just pro-choice republicans

change my mind

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

boop the snoot posted:

There's no way they can do as bad of a job!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

That's sexist! They are completely capable as doing as bad of a job as men

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

boop the snoot posted:

Counterpoint: Marget Thatcher.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Meshka posted:

How about enforcing immigrations laws?

What exactly are you talking about?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, I'm confused. As far as I was aware chuds not getting vaccinated and getting fired is the exception not the rule except in the case of the military and hospitals.

It applies to all federal government jobs and federal contractors as well IIRC

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

One thing I learned playing Nuclear War all those years: the purpose of immigration policy is to steal population from other countries.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This is the longest January in history

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Eej posted:

This is the longest January in history

SSShhhhh.... Maybe they will just change the name, like what the Marines get...

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

the first woman in the senate was a slave owner and suffragist who was extremely pro lynching

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

PookBear posted:

the first woman in the senate was a slave owner and suffragist who was extremely pro lynching

I am sure you could find a lot of lovely women in history. It doesn't change my point.

"how many gently caress ups are attributed to men throughout human history?"

you: "yeah but what about lovely women?"

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

In case it doesn't get linked by OP before the lock comes down like what happens every month; This here is a link to the February thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992479&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

It's the first day of Tet today btw
Happy Lunar New Year!