Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lightpole posted:

If you expect people to be anything other than people you will be disappointed every time

politicians are not people

also, RIP Bob Saget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would hate for cops to think they are untouchable.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
a 50 year old die hard chud conservative getting boobs instead of a vaccine is one of the funniest loving outcomes I can imagine

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lmfao urine therapy

shut the gently caress up

there's no way I'm not dreaming right now

gently caress offffffff

e: what a great snipe

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I come back to the current events thread and within one day we are drinking pee

I do not, in fact, think I am ready to end my CE thread hiatus.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Uh actually I got $1800 from the government.

Wait.

poo poo.

Most of that was Trump.

Well at least I got $1200 on the way from Joe!

Wait.

poo poo...

I saw someone who pays zero attention to politics put it nicely: "Trump stopped student loan payments and gave people $1200. Biden is restarting student loan payments and has given people $600."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Defenestrategy posted:

Also as cool as more benefits for people are, what of my friends who opted for pets over children? Where is their tax credit!

My bank account because of Monty compared to a bank account after a kid is all the credit I need.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stravag posted:

Good catch Monty!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

shame on an IGA posted:

scammers out of Illinois have set up a nationwide chain of at least 300 fake covid test sites that send everyone a negative result and then identity theft them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/01/07/center-covid-control-testing-americans-describe-long-waits/9133310002/

This is the type of obvious outcome that would be the free square on a bingo card.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
5 car dealerships just opened up outside of every school in MD.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wombot posted:

Besides, if you're on an airplane, and you hear a noise coming from the cargo hold, what's more plausible: That there's a dog down there who's barking (it's fairly well known that animals travel in planes, in the cargo area), or that Tim the loving Tool Man Taylor started sawing some wood?

Buddy, in 2022, Tim wouldn't be sawing wood. He's be sawing the plane in half.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Water wars gonna be lit

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gun raffles might as well be labeled an American tradition

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Reading the last few posts leads me to the same reaction I had the first time I said anything about urine therapy.

A very exasperated "Oh gently caress off" with a huge eye roll.

If you asked me to write the most ridiculous reality I could imagine 15 years ago, it wouldn't be this loving stupid.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Are we sure that someone didn't say "you're in therapy" and some dipshit heard urine therapy and you know what this isn't any better nevermind

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How is state recognized nobility even a thing in a 21st century liberal democracy?

You could argue that capitalism has this same outcome, just modernized for the 21st century.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
"If you don't spend all of your paycheck, you will not get paid this much next pay period."

On a long enough timeline, I am sure this would eventually become a thing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How about we give teachers a salary befitting of the responsibility that we are essentially forcing upon them?

Hahahahahahaha gently caress that here's $800bn for bombs.

Bomb go boom 😍😍😍

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Here's a happy story - a fucker getting hosed

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1482687375473926144?t=pHhOaHIjXfAk1XNxYrIdQw&s=19

Turns out "well, I had COVID" might fly, except when they find out you tested positive, then still did an event with kids right after you tested positive, and knew about it

I have been overly cynical about this and I am very happy to be wrong.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Space Force

More like the Take Up Space Force

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope that guy reads all these posts

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 18, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Microsoft is as evil as any company but I don’t think they’ve poo poo the bed with video games yet.

That said Blizzard has been so bad for so long now that I don’t really see Microsoft saving it.

Blizzard, EA, Konami, and Bethesda (and I’m sure there are others) are in a certain category of unsalvageable.

CDPR is one more CP2077 away from maybe putting themselves there.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A lot of it is about reputation. Bethesda blew the FO76 launch and so blatantly tried to rip people off that I won’t buy anything with their name on it for a long while.

I play some stuff they have on Gamepass. They just don’t get my money anymore.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 18, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if you're gonna put fix-a-flat in your dick, well....

you belong in 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I respect bronies more than chuds.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Between arguing with a video of an autobahn driver and brony chat I’d say 2022 is off to a quiet start.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
first they came for the bronies

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lightpole posted:

I can't believe I'm defending bronies rights to liberty and happiness or whatever.

If you don't like adults fixated on shows you perceive to be for little girls why would adults fixated on shows for little boys be any better? Cause at least its masculine or something? The logic doesn't follow.

who cares man watch your my little pony

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Abolish the senate

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 20, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Grip it and rip it posted:

Today's politicians would have let the core slag melt into the aquifer and claimed it was the best possible outcome

Today’s politicians would deny 9/11

E: never mind it’s too exploitable for the war economy. Never forget.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
as long as $$$ is the name of the game for the people in charge then you can pretty much dream up any government you want and it'll still find a way to suck

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Meatloaf was an rear end in a top hat who made like three good songs and I’m hopeful that he will be best remembered as Bob with Bitchtits.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

That Works posted:

poo poo, that was meatloaf? I had no idea.

Yes, Bob with Bitchtits was also in Black Dog and sang about doing anything for love.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My mom was a Swayze (and country music) fan. I watched it with her when I was a kid.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What about that one Paul Walker movie

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Convoy is okay, I have a soft spot for Rubber Duck. It's just hard to watch because of the production values, the script isn't meh. But it's a fun look at 70s trucking.

Trucking just isn't something that movies should be made about. If it's ancillary to the plot, sure, like in Smokey, but there's nothing of real interest to the industry.

Hear me out

Remake the first Fast and Furious movie but from the point of the truckers. And at the end Bin Diesel gets shot in the face.

(Not correcting Bin).

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Handsome Ralph posted:

Guess it's true that he really would do anything for love, but...

Lmaooooo they gave the article a red text straight out of the Something Awful forums.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KwLa3xUgI&t=44s

lollllllll

sell an NFL ticket for a dollar over face value and you risk legal trouble but a civic with a 100% markup is a-okay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Keep politics out of sports, not candy.