Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

That Works posted:

Hey great I go to PR in a couple weeks.

Yeah same was planned here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Did Russia pull a "look over here" with Ukraine? The ol reverse Kazakh?

Or did a good thing finally happen and they get rid of an actual lovely despot?

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 5, 2022

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Maybe planes should have keys.

Nothing fancy and expensive, just something like you'd find on a bulldozer. Every pilot could have the same proprietary key, issued by their airline.

The key is the long fancy multi step startup sequence.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Marshal Prolapse posted:

You know, after someone here even picked up my Harpoon and Norm Koger references, I should know better. Then again if I can accidentally trigger a 5 page derail on Oregon Trail that would be pretty cool. lol

Rich guy making GBS threads in water.
The middle class has dysentery.

Rip in pepperoni.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

nullscan posted:

I would have put money on a Cyber Force before a Space Force though. Just seems like such an unnecessary move. In Korea the only change was a bunch of dudes changing patches and swearing in to a new service.

Honestly cyber makes more sense to be it's own force. The traditional military structure absolutely does not work in cyber. Having the mission set split is dumb since they all wind up under cybercom anyway.

Space planning and execution can be done with the same command structure decently well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Why not just rename the USAF to the USA&SF (or something like that), and shift priorities internally more towards the space domain?

Not enough new flag and command billets that way. Not to mention not nearly enough administrative overhead achievable