Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What's everybody's most anticipated show of 2022? For short term I'm super excited for Peacemaker because Cena was the best part of The Suicide Squad while further in I'm really looking forward to Netflix's The Sandman.

Edit: Link to old thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953602

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
:firstpost:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Definitely Peacemaker.

But I have to be honest, I'm almost completely oblivious to any other new shows on the horizon.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

muscles like this! posted:

What's everybody's most anticipated show of 2022? For short term I'm super excited for Peacemaker because Cena was the best part of The Suicide Squad while further in I'm really looking forward to Netflix's The Sandman.

All right I just looked up some previews and I am ready to reveal my most anticipated show of 2022.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m really looking forward to:

- the last episodes of Station Eleven and Yellowjackets
- the return of Righteous Gemstones, Search Party, and Euphoria
- mother fuckin TOAST OF TINSELTOWN
- that new Phil Lord and Chris Miller show, The Afterparty

and that’s all just in January!

But absolutely 100% the thing I’m anticipating the most and cannot wait for is the third season of ATLANTA in March.

I hope everyone has a better 2022 than they did 2021!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Definitely hyped the returns of shows that have taken a multi-year break. Atlanta, Gemstones, Barry, Avenue 5, Better Call Saul.

Not aware of much new stuff, but I've been waiting for Shantaram every since Johnny Depp bought the rights for the movie back in 2007 or something. It's now gonna be an AppleTV+ series. It could be awful, but I just want to see it.

Speaking of long lost TV shows now going to AppleTV+. The Tom Hanks/Spielberg produced Band of Brothers/Pacific follow up miniseries Masters of the Air was also bought by Apple. Was stoked to hear Cary Fukunaga is directing the first three episodes too. Fingers crossed that sees a 2022 release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of AppleTV hopefully they get their Wool adaptation out this year. That has the potential to be a pretty cool series. Though I am still wondering how they're going to integrate the Shift stuff to it because there needs to be multiple revelations in the story before that stuff comes into play.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

In order of anticipation, I 'm looking forward to
Euphoria S2 (HBO Max)
The Last of Us (HBO)
The Gilded Age (HBO)
LOTR (Amazon Prime)
The Witcher: Blood Origin (Netflix)
The Sandman (Netflix)
Stranger Things S4 (Netflix)
House of the Dragon (HBO Max)
and I guess Bridgerton S2 (Netflix)

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 1, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Escobarbarian posted:

- mother fuckin TOAST OF TINSELTOWN

Yes

Aardvark! posted:

All right I just looked up some previews and I am ready to reveal my most anticipated show of 2022.

We must assume she is enriching flour and prepare a pre-emptive strike

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Maybe this will be good? A Netflix dark comedy starring Kristen Bell. Comes out this month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vik0kdPIxF8

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm looking forward to ringing in 2022 by going to Target and buying a new TV since the backlight on ours is half dead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I want more Barry.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Joe Gatto announces he is leaving Impractical Jokers https://www.instagram.com/p/CYLBnVXgrmn/

quote:

Hey, Everyone.

Sorry in advance for the long and more-serious-than-usual note below, I just wanted to let you all know that I will no longer be involved with Impractical Jokers.

Alongside my friends, I’ve devoted a decade of my life to building this franchise and couldn’t be prouder of what has been accomplished. However, due to some issues in my personal life, I have to step away. Bessy and I have decided to amicably part ways, so now I need to focus on being the best father and co-parent to our two incredible kids.

Outside of my family, my relationships with Murr, Q and Sal have been the most important in my life. I know they will continue to make the world laugh. And even though the four of us are the ones who you all see, this show is only possible due to the hard work of the talented crew members who work behind the scenes. I am very thankful to have worked with each and every one of them.

To all of the amazing fans, thank you for allowing me to make you laugh with Jokers. They say that laughter is the best medicine, and I hope I’ve been able to provide some of that over the last decade. Seeing you laugh has been my own medicine, particularly in these weird and difficult times we find ourselves.

As I work through the challenges I am facing, I hope to and am excited to create new ways to entertain you.

Much love,
Joe

Covid was the first nail in the coffin for Jokers, this may be the last.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is the year I finally get a TV

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

This is the year I finally get a TV

"TV" is a nickname and nicknames are for friends and television is no friend of mine!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aardvark! posted:

Maybe this will be good? A Netflix dark comedy starring Kristen Bell. Comes out this month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vik0kdPIxF8

Veronica Mars season 5 taking a very dark and depressing turn :ohdear:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Bumping this because I'm really curious how they're going to handle it if it goes long. There's a ridiculous shift in the second season and I'm wondering if they're going to follow it through. I liked it off and on in season 1 but Season 2 made me dump it faster than just about anything I've listened to. Season 1 was decent enough, even if it wasn't really special. The side stories were the best part and from the description I'm not sure if they're going to do any of them.

It'd be nice if one of these podcast-to-TV things worked out though. Limetown sucked, right? It may as well have come out on WhatTimeIsItRightNow.com and then I heard bad things so I never checked.

I have liked all seasons of Archive 81, for good or bad they have mixed things up each season.

Another series I would like to see would be Alice Isn’t Dead, I’m sure Jasika Nicole is free to star in it.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Aardvark! posted:

How did I miss this??

Bridgerton S2
Flight Attendant S2
Legend of Vox Machina(critical role cartoon) S1
The Boys S3
Only Murders S2 (I assume)

And then a bunch of poo poo that I have no idea about yet and will discover thanks to all of you in this thread.

also fboy island S2

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Search Party
Severance
Barry
The Nevers (maybe, we'll see)
Servant
Raised By Wolves
Our Flag Means Death
Pachinko
Tokyo Vice
We Own This City
Fired On Mars
Harley Quinn
Hello Tomrrow
The Power
The Velma animated series
Dollface
Pantheon (i thought this would come last year, but we'll see if it turns up this year)
And there's an original AMC thriller about lunar smugglers that sounds cool.

Plus the return of a few other shows, like Warrior, the Wilds, For All Mankind, Mythic Quest The Flight Attendant, etc. though they might not be until next year.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 1, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Brock Samson posted:

Joe Gatto announces he is leaving Impractical Jokers https://www.instagram.com/p/CYLBnVXgrmn/

Covid was the first nail in the coffin for Jokers, this may be the last.
This loving sucks. Impractical Jokers is really stupid but it's made me laugh at dark times when nothing else did. I hope this isn't the end of the show for good, but it would also be weird to continue with one of the core few members gone.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Definitely Peacemaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdbMgGHlsQ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This just looks so amazing. I really hope after GotG3 Gunn comes back to DC and they let him go nuts.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/HannaBarberaCap/status/1477142558371368960

Troubling

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My faith has been rewarded! Despite the website being "offline" (ie dead) for nearly 2 years, springfield springfield is back with poorly formatted transcripts! Hell yeah. I wonder when it came back up

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Last of Us is the show I’m looking forward to the most, but could end up being an early 2023 show. Other new shoes like LOTR, The Gilded Age, Pam & Tommy, and Our Flag Means Death all have my interest.

Besides that lots of shows returning after missing 2021 like Barry, The Crown, Avenue 5, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Righteous Gemstones, and Ozark.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Huh, that show wasn't on my radar at all. But it does look really great.

Really looking forward to the last season of Search Party.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

My faith has been rewarded! Despite the website being "offline" (ie dead) for nearly 2 years, springfield springfield is back with poorly formatted transcripts! Hell yeah. I wonder when it came back up

This is great news, thanks for letting us know! I used to use that site a lot.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I literally went looking for that post because I remember you saying that in a previous thread. 2 iterations ago lmao. God where does the time go

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's weird that John Cena became a legitimately funny comedic actor. It makes me wonder what the Fast and Furious producers were thinking when they hired him to play a boring stonefaced antagonist.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

It's weird that John Cena became a legitimately funny comedic actor. It makes me wonder what the Fast and Furious producers were thinking when they hired him to play a boring stonefaced antagonist.

Maybe they saw The Marine and thought he had not developed his acting skills at all since then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think we were due another wrestler successfully making the jump.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
My Dad always said wrestlers are the best actors

Peacemaker looks funny, I'll take stuff like that and The Boys over anything from the MCU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is Money Heist actually good? I feel like the only people I see talking about it are people whose opinions I don’t necessarily trust

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The first couple of seasons are good. It kind of goes off the rails.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Edit: Nvm

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 2, 2022

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm looking forward to:

Better Call Saul
Atlanta
She-Hulk
Moon Knight
And who knows if we'll get new seasons of Warrior, Blindspotting, or Ted Lasso this year.

I'll also watch Peacemaker, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Dollface, and Sandman, but my enthusiasm isn't super-high for any of them.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Barry. Super excited.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Is Money Heist actually good? I feel like the only people I see talking about it are people whose opinions I don’t necessarily trust

It's got a lot of melodrama, but it's surprisingly gripping if you like heist stuff and don't hate it getting a little stupid at times. There's a lot of neat characters bouncing off of each other. It wanders a bit but the first 2 season as a whole are definitely good. Can't speak for the rest since I haven't started season 3 yet and I've heard mixed things, but it's a fun enough show.

Oh, and since I'm seeing it mentioned, is Dollface good? I passed over it a few times on Hulu.

Also heads up for fans of deeply calm British TV that The Repair Shop is now a Discovery Channel show with the first 3 season up on Discovery+ and the 4th running now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When did Death to 2021 come out? Because I didn't see any ads for that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

When did Death to 2021 come out? Because I didn't see any ads for that at all.

Me either but that’s probably Netflix noting that I disliked the last one. Poor Brooker he used to be SO good