Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Valko posted:

He's the sort of alcoholic who never gave himself a break and refused to eat when he was drinking. This often led to him having seizures when he was in withdrawal. They could happen at any time, which often meant he fell to the ground and hit his head. A few years ago he had a particularly bad one that left him in a coma for a few months.

And he's still drinking.

It's not something I bring up a lot in GBS but I do talk about it occasionally in E/N.

He's not a drooling vegetable yet so my mother and I haven't given up on him but most of the rest of my family members have.

My friend has a coworker like that who literally got brain damage from seizures due to binge drinking and bulimia, can function well enough in daily life but is permanently disabled and has virtually no short term memory. They were able to stop drinking after that fortunately.

If you are going to be an alcoholic please eat, people!!!

ChunTheUnavoidable fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

vaginite posted:

If this forum was around in 1995 there would have been a mega thread about how The Simpsons actually sucks.

:wtc:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

A Fancy Hat posted:

What if all of this is one of their jokes and we're all getting pranked right now?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko posted:

He's the sort of alcoholic who never gave himself a break and refused to eat when he was drinking. This often led to him having seizures when he was in withdrawal. They could happen at any time, which often meant he fell to the ground and hit his head. A few years ago he had a particularly bad one that left him in a coma for a few months.

And he's still drinking.

It's not something I bring up a lot in GBS but I do talk about it occasionally in E/N.

He's not a drooling vegetable yet so my mother and I haven't given up on him but most of the rest of my family members have.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I've suffered withdrawl seizures myself (not helped by having actual epilepsy) and hope the best for you and your family.

I know that I've shouted some slack at you in the past but these are hard things to deal with. That's as far as I'll go. I hope the best to each individual.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

My friend has a coworker like that who literally got brain damage from seizures due to binge drinking and bulimia, can function well enough in daily life but is permanently disabled and has virtually no short term memory. They were able to stop drinking after that fortunately.

If you are going to be an alcoholic please eat, people!!!

One thing I noticed growing up in a bar and liquor store was the alcoholics who don't eat right are the ones who die first. Yet at the same time I've noticed functional alcoholics who were married and had jobs live well into their 60's.

Big Beef City posted:

I'm sorry to hear that.
I've suffered withdrawl seizures myself (not helped by having actual epilepsy) and hope the best for you and your family.

I know that I've shouted some slack at you in the past but these are hard things to deal with. That's as far as I'll go. I hope the best to each individual.

I've noticed your anger (who hasn't?) but I have read enough of your posts to know that you are actually a decent person.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
ok, I'll admit it, I like this show. there's a lot of cringeworthy stuff surrounding it - all the "Inside Jokes" poo poo with Casey Jost is loving awful as were all the scripted scenes in the movie. but the show itself is still funny.

anyway as soon as this was announced I figured something was up and yeah the fact that they are specifically removing episodes where he gets too touchy-feely means there's like a 95% chance something awful about him is gonna break soon. I mean some rumors were definitely out there & I remember hearing some female cast members were abruptly leaving for mysterious reasons. idk poo poo sucks hope this is all related to some punishment due to Joe being TONIGHTS BIG LOSER

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

STABASS posted:

used to really like this show until they started padding out episodes with those 5 minute Making Of segments at the end. it's a hidden camera show, who gives a poo poo. total chump move.

Pretty sure that’s to pad old episodes that had a shorter runtime

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JAMOOOL posted:

ok, I'll admit it, I like this show. there's a lot of cringeworthy stuff surrounding it - all the "Inside Jokes" poo poo with Casey Jost is loving awful as were all the scripted scenes in the movie. but the show itself is still funny.

anyway as soon as this was announced I figured something was up and yeah the fact that they are specifically removing episodes where he gets too touchy-feely means there's like a 95% chance something awful about him is gonna break soon. I mean some rumors were definitely out there & I remember hearing some female cast members were abruptly leaving for mysterious reasons. idk poo poo sucks hope this is all related to some punishment due to Joe being TONIGHTS BIG LOSER

I'm semi serious but whats the appeal of going up to someone just trying to get through their day getting pulled aside by some freakish lump flesh that looks like a conjoined fetus all grown up asking them if they'd like to see him demonstrate the funnel designed to funnel chicken tendies straight into his urethra while some equally malformed homunculi cackle like lobotomized hyenas?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Who What Now posted:

I'm semi serious but whats the appeal of going up to someone just trying to get through their day getting pulled aside by some freakish lump flesh that looks like a conjoined fetus all grown up asking them if they'd like to see him demonstrate the funnel designed to funnel chicken tendies straight into his urethra while some equally malformed homunculi cackle like lobotomized hyenas?

Those skits suck, but I do like the focus groups and presentations

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Big announcement— I will be replacing Joe Gatto on practical jokers and also in his marriage

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

JAMOOOL posted:

anyway as soon as this was announced I figured something was up and yeah the fact that they are specifically removing episodes where he gets too touchy-feely means there's like a 95% chance something awful about him is gonna break soon.

Oh, that is ominous as fuuuuuck.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Yeah if he was leaving for the reason stated of wanting to raise his kids then they would have planned tribute "best of" going away type stuff. Not quietly start dropping anything where he looks creepy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

drat, and he was that close to landing that Subway endorsement deal.

Private Cumshoe posted:

Goons would like Impractical Jokers but are probably put off by the intro when the "four life-long friends" line pops up

lol

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

I saw a skit where one of the 4 cackling reaxbros was leading an art class for kids and he was dared to paint big red X's on the kids' paintings. He did it while the other wacky chucklers feigned hysterics. Complete trash regardless of whether the kids are actors or not. It's just a poo poo show and you can put on the internet that I'm mad.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Big announcement— I will be replacing Joe Gatto on practical jokers and also in his marriage

thank u 4 ur service :911:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
The punishment where Sal had to yell "Bingo" every time a ball was picked until he got thrown out of the bingo hall was very funny though

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

JAMOOOL posted:

The punishment where Sal had to yell "Bingo" every time a ball was picked until he got thrown out of the bingo hall was very funny though

Lol that’s pretty good

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

haljordan posted:

He was absolutely cheating on her, she's gonna clean him out in the divorce

yes. like dude before said he probably had an affair with a subordinate and was given the ability to make his firing look like a resignation.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

JAMOOOL posted:

That sounds like it'd be funny to watch

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PasteMagazine/status/1479199628021182475?t=CzNGwgpDJJaQiNzavJAAfw&s=19

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
drat I should have known never to like anyone from Long Island

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

JAMOOOL posted:

Sal is the easiest to punish because he's a big bag of anxiety, and that made the punishment all the greater.

One of the funniest punishments was Joe having to go through a gymnastics gym, cut in front of people using the course and say, "I can do it better" and then fall on his rear end was a pretty close second, imho.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
This show was ok, sometimes funny, but I really dislike prank humor. Punching up is gold but Punching down is revolting. My ex gf and her friends all loved this show. The guys are likable but they do ham it up and force laughter for TV, which is fine but grating.

I remember when I felt like the show got played out. Murr(?) was the loser and had to be suspended from a crane in Union Square(?). The show was getting big and uneven and unwieldy.

Fun fact one of the guys has a cameo in the opening scene of Dogma at the airport.

Anyway, I gotta go do a rewipe.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

mfw I heard this news

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

JAMOOOL posted:

That and the one where his phone kept ringing during the book reading (Who's phone is ringing? Mine! Mine!) and he wasn't allowed to turn it off, and people were getting more and more annoyed with him, and then they said, "ok ok, we're not going to dial your phone anymore" and then made him get up and do a reading in front of the same crowd that's pissed at him for the ringing phone.

Sal is truly so easy to absolutely mortify. Of the four, he's the biggest manbaby.

But I think that the worst one was when they made Q paint big red X's over the kids paintings. He looked like he was going to cry.

Some of the gags were over the top or designed to annoy people and not really funny, but some were low key enough to he hilarious and didn't seem to really annoy people so much as make them do a double take.

I really hated, HATED the whole behind the scenes thing they added about halfway through the run. They cut out like a whole segment just to have that one obnoxious unfunny dork be all "look at where we put the cameras! Isn't it crazy? Hey everyone! I'm friends with these guys! Isn't that funny?".

Probably the funniest thing on the show might have been the simplest. And it wasn't even really part of the show proper. It was when Q accidentally posted his cell phone number on twitter and had to call to have it changed, but he called the phone company while he was in a room with the other three guys, who would immediately post his new phone numbers. He had to call to have his number changed like three or four times in the span of like 40 minutes because people were blowing up his phone. I don't know why, but to me that was the funniest drat thing.

Anyway. I kinda figured that the show had about run it's course and then the pandemic hit and, well, I imagine it's hard to do a hidden camera show in public when in the middle of a viral outbreak. They were funny, but they had to keep one upping themselves and I think eventually it crossed the line from "try to make the other guys laugh, or do something embarrassing" to "see how much you can annoy people without getting your friend lynched".

Gatto must have done some poo poo to cause his personal and professional life to simultaneously implode. Which is too bad, I liked that he was always plugging animal rescues and stuff. I'm sure it will come out eventually that he was plugging an intern or something too.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

gently caress you!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Sal is the easiest to punish because he's a big bag of anxiety, and that made the punishment all the greater.

One of the funniest punishments was Joe having to go through a gymnastics gym, cut in front of people using the course and say, "I can do it better" and then fall on his rear end was a pretty close second, imho.

None of that is funny in any way.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

None of that is funny in any way.

turn on ur monitor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

turn on ur monitor

No I'm serious that's just stupidly juvenile and bland and I feel bad for you finding that poo poo funny.
It's like 'man doing Cartman-voice at work level poo poo' and you should feel bad about it.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

No I'm serious that's just stupidly juvenile and bland and I feel bad for you finding that poo poo funny.
It's like 'man doing Cartman-voice at work level poo poo' and you should feel bad about it.

lol there’s a guy that does this at my work and it’s great!

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Joe sucked me off. He made my prick become engorged with blood. He manipulated it with his probing and curious tongue until I shot off semen into his mouth at the moment of climax

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

He did this to me as well. I’ve been hearing this from many people.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Joe sucked me off. He made my prick become engorged with blood. He manipulated it with his probing and curious tongue until I shot off semen into his mouth at the moment of climax

nice

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://youtu.be/wO4s4LZgHoM

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Bump

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

evobatman posted:

I have liked the show since it started, and now that I know how much goons hate it I like it even more.

same but vtubers

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

so this show is just jackass but you can watch it with your conservative grandma

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

unbump

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

too late :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

olives black posted:

so this show is just jackass but you can watch it with your conservative grandma

It’s funnier than jackass could ever hope to be