Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Alhazred posted:

The Olympics has never been apolitical though. Not even in antiquity.

But they do have a history of ignoring absolutely heinous poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mirage posted:

He never actually killed 2021 with the usual fireworks, so ... no?
The whole thing of her being a kid fishing with her dad was her dying, I think. He doesn’t explicitly show them dying, if I recall 2020’s death correctly.

More importantly, January is almost over with no sign of a baby 2022, so maybe he finally realized how much of a wet fart the 2021 “arc” was and gave up on annual storylines. Now he can give his full attention to the Woker, remember the Woker? It’s funny because they rhyme!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

The whole thing of her being a kid fishing with her dad was her dying, I think. He doesn’t explicitly show them dying, if I recall 2020’s death correctly.

More importantly, January is almost over with no sign of a baby 2022, so maybe he finally realized how much of a wet fart the 2021 “arc” was and gave up on annual storylines. Now he can give his full attention to the Woker, remember the Woker? It’s funny because they rhyme!

Baby 2022 will show up in March

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Technowolf posted:

Baby 2022 will show up in March

The year plotlines will all take 16 months and he’ll skip every fourth year, we will refer to the missing characters as “leap years”.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

If he realized that the baby new year plots kept going nowhere and stopped doing them, that would be a miraculous level of self awareness from him.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s lockdown birthday — Boris Johnson’s gathering with birthday cake in the cabinet room was not a party, Grant Shapps has said"

Telegraph:

Met launches criminal investigation into Downing Street parties

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Crisis talks over Ukraine as US troops put on alert

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson braced for perilous 48 hours with release of Sue Gray’s report

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

YOU SUMBITCH!

Joe Biden once again revealed his character—or lack thereof—when he insulted a member of the White House press corps. He called Fox News reporter Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch” simply because Joe was asked a question about inflation.

Biden later told Doocy that it was “nothing personal, pal” but it further revealed the mean-spirited side of Old Joe. Even staunch Democrats such as Jake Tapper were alarmed by Joe’s unwarranted truculence, but Joe has often insulted the press by turning his back on them or refusing to answer anything but the softest of softball questions.

His quick-to-anger behavior may be another symptom of Biden’s mental slide into dementia, but such pugnacity has always been integral to Joe’s personality. Feisty Joe loves to bully people. He hurls insults. He issues pushup challenges or threatens to take them behind toolshed and beat them up or other such nonsense. Lying Joe finished near the bottom of his class, is a proven plagiarist, a bribed, bought-out ‘big man,’ a pedophile who showered with his own daughter, and a colossal liar. Oh yeah, he’s also stupid and has been well before his mental decline.

Sleepy Joe seems to be off in his own gas-lit reality. He thinks he’s popular. He thinks he can run again in 2024. He talked about getting out and meeting the people. Good ol’ lunch bucket Joe who wants to help the working class. He wants to unite people. He’s a friend of African Americans. The facts demonstrate that he’s the opposite of the persona he tries to paint. The facts don’t jibe, so he ignores the facts. He says he doesn’t care about polls. He doesn’t care who gets hurt by dangerous and ineffective vaccines and masks mandates. He doesn’t care about Americans left behind in Afghanistan and he won’t care if millions are dead as a result of his insane war mongering plans in Ukraine. If he does get out in public he can expect to hear chants of “Let’s Go, Brandon!” He probably doesn’t even know what that means.

Biden should be in a rocking chair on a porch…just another angry old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. It’s alarming that he has so much power and is off his rocker.

— Ben Garrison

"He hurls insults."

:ironicat:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Paralympian and disability advocate Dylan Alcott named 2022 Australian of the Year (ABC)

Brown:

Dyson:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Western Australian premier Mark McGowan. Despite WA having the borders shut to the rest of Australia they have an Omicron outbreak (currently with daily cases in the dozens, compared to thousands/ tens of thousands in other states).

Le Lievre:

Nearly all the states have very limited restrictions at the moment but given the virus is everywhere and no-one wants to catch it a lot of people are in a state of self imposed semi-lockdown except this time without government support.

Lethbridge:

Shakespeare:

Pub rock tennis: How Nick Kyrgios and Thanasi Kokkinakis are bringing crowds back to doubles (ABC)

Wilcox:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wow it sure is terrible to have a president who insults the press and hurls insults and bullies people. A president who says he wants to unite people and claims he's a friend to the black community, but whose actions show that he is lying. A completely unprecedented situation that never occurred before Biden.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Did you skip the part where said president is a pedophile horny for his own daughter, and an idiot who was at the bottom of his class before old age started rotting his brain, because any of those bits do not apply to Diamond Joe?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: at Zyklon Ben and other conservative poo poo stains suddenly clutching pearls about the president saying something mean about a journalist. I mean it could have been worse, he could’ve been physically disabled and the President might have mimicked his disability to mock him. I’m sure you guys would be upset by that, right?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Conservatives actually called this "Lügenpresse" and I'm going to lose my loving mind.

e: Also there's a clip of John McCain responding to the same reporter with similar rude incredulity which is just perfect.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Actually what is the context for the "Biden showered with his daughter" thing?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Twelve by Pies posted:

Actually what is the context for the "Biden showered with his daughter" thing?

Trump openly sexualizes his daughter on camera and everything Republicans accuse anyone of is projection.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Didn't some right wing site (Project Veritas, maybe?) come out with a diary that was supposed to be from Biden's daughter talking about him being a creep towards her? It was out there very very briefly last year before being dropped and never mentioned again except by people like Ben.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Its not like you have to make things up to cast Biden as being creepy around young women and girls.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

fool of sound posted:

Its not like you have to make things up to cast Biden as being creepy around young women and girls.

Exactly, this is why I wanted to know if the "Biden showered with his daughter" comment was based on something Biden actually said/wrote, because sure they could have just made it up completely, but it would be weird to make up something creepy from out of nowhere when there's plenty of actual things.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Twelve by Pies posted:

Exactly, this is why I wanted to know if the "Biden showered with his daughter" comment was based on something Biden actually said/wrote, because sure they could have just made it up completely, but it would be weird to make up something creepy from out of nowhere when there's plenty of actual things.
Look at how desperately the right clings to literally any scrap they can find. If there was any trace of validity to that it would be headlining Fox News, OANN, etc. for months. If it's something that incriminating and yet it's basically ignored by right wing media, it's probably bullshit.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

https://twitter.com/mluckovichajc/status/1486391794078203905

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

As the old saying goes, Ukraine is adjacent to a rock and also a hard place.

Lisa Benson

Stuart Carlson

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Two-Front War
Our police are fighting a two-front war, one against crime and the other against Democrat politics.
And losing, apparently.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

She’s a federal level elected official your party supports and does nothing to curb while she openly advocates for a fascist take over of the US. Reporting on the poo poo she says that your fellow right wingers cheer for is news, you gently caress

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Libertarian Party again?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

And losing, apparently.

Well yeah, judging by his dual-wielding, the cop is a ranger, a terrible class, and he will soon be killed by his fighter and rogue assailants.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

And losing, apparently.

You can't see them here but the cop's swords also say CRIME.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Maybe if they spent less time fighting liberal policies and more time fighting crime

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fuckin finally someone does the needful.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I really hope Kelly does a comic where the Red Blooded American Patriot is sad because the candy isn't sexy enough to jack off to anymore.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Maybe if they spent less time fighting liberal policies and more time fighting crime

Yeah, the pigs fighting against left wing policies is a Good Cartoon.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Fuckin finally someone does the needful.

I know the answer is because they’re insane repressed weirdos but it really has been funny watching the same people who clutch pearls over LGBTQ people existing as an assault on America’s wholesome family Christian values spin around and demand M&Ms be sexy enough for them to get off to

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I shudder to think about what the next stupid sexy point in this dumbest of culture wars

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Loving all these hammers and sickles

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

And losing, apparently.
Lol, he's so obsessed with making the democrats shlubs that he included the gut in the cartoon but if you finish the cartoon then the democrat would literally just be standing there, with poor posture kineq holding the sword. Please, artful goon, finish it for him.

Also :sigh: at least they're not stabbing him in the back.
Furthermore, just 995 to go!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

By popular demand posted:

I shudder to think about what the next stupid sexy point in this dumbest of culture wars

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1486502647817453571?s=21

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

We recently made good with the furries right? can we start coordinating the struggle to let cartoon characters wear sensible clothes?*
we can't just lie down and let the right-wing dominate virtual stupid places that used to be ours by right!

I'm available for mess hall duty and calling the enemy bad names.

*If they so choose

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 27, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I know the answer is because they’re insane repressed weirdos but it really has been funny watching the same people who clutch pearls over LGBTQ people existing as an assault on America’s wholesome family Christian values spin around and demand M&Ms be sexy enough for them to get off to
It's really weird, because the designs are becoming more conservative yet conservatives hate them. If the green M&M was suddenly more sexy, they'd decry it as liberal perversion. But everyone gets toned down a little to be less provocative and suddenly that's liberal, too?

By popular demand posted:

We recently made good with the furries right?
To ask any of my friends who are furries, no. This is secondhand so take it with caution, but the story I heard is whoever wrote the apology got pressed on it as lightly as you can imagine by some furry on Twitter who was like "hey this is more serious than you played it off and I don't think you're really sorry" and said SA writer let's just say immediately proved him right.

E: I didn't even notice but the article actually got taken down! From the caption I'm not even sure it was the original author who took it down, at that. Probably relevant. At least, I hope they took it down for that reason. The alternatives are worse.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 27, 2022

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trans athletes will provide a good night’s sleep, even for your pets.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Completely out of any talking point remotely salient S.Kelly resorts to children's fairy tales.

Tell me again how the Wicked Witch stole the filibuster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

POSbury my neg hole is all i could think and i can't wait for the cum edit