Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So when this place was new and full of possibility I decided I was gonna make a thread where I drew stuff from star wars. Generally I was very happy with the result! There was one drawing though that I probably should have reconsidered at the planning phase, the drawing phase and then again at the posting phase.

It's that one.

Anyway I keep every image I draw for better or for worse and when I go through my pictures I always think of this one as "the bad one", mostly because I feel like whatever point I might have trying to make isn't really overcoming the fact that I was taking stereotypical jewish imagery and furthering it in order to do so. And I would like to say I'm sorry. Genuinely. I've been meaning to post about this for a long while but it never seemed like the right time for me and I felt like 'ehh, nobody remembers so you can just let that one be buried', but I remember.

This image, from what windows is telling me, was put together on January 24th 2020, here on January 1st 2022 I want to make a commitment to do better, for the sci fi wi fi community and for all goons. I thank you all for taking time to hear my words on this matter. Hopefully I can make some good star wars drawings and good other stuff for everyone as we go into the future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Dear George,

You made that movie in 1999, not 2020. You made negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now. I am glad you can apologize for this content, and am glad you are willing to acknowledge its harmful impact. Through this, I hope we all can learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhWTkT89W_w

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

thank you for this, bo burnham

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Still waiting on an apology for those racist gungan drawings op