Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1486165407425871875

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

God loving goddamn

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

it's possible I'm asking a leading question because I know the answer and want zogobot to post it

you're missing a player with four ;)

OHhhhhh good job Mr Anthony Edwards

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lmao
https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1486239832800038912?s=20

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ant is such a goof. The sort of happy tenacity he plays with makes me smile

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Love it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Dakota17Martin/status/1486168818179321859?t=--5hchslm7XLxf8m_N1ZOA&s=19

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

I'm guessing Kings

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

Phoenix terrifies me

if we dont win i hope they do

i lied i hope Memphis wins

I'm cool with literally any of these just in a different order preference so we are posting allies. :hfive:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I hate the Sixers because idk if there's a trio I dislike more as a stupid, no accountability, huffing own farts collective for different reasons than Morey, Doc, and Simmons.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

What about firing said players favorite coach

Thanks again for Malone

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

Super long term prediction game: who gets more triple doubles in 2026, Jokic or Cade?

Ben Simmons

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I know it's spelled differently but Cancar is a hell of a surname to be stuck with

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ant's Mom looks so proud here

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/eringriffith/status/1486132054165102593?s=21

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Maybe he is just really bad at judging how old people are?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Lockback posted:

Maybe he is just really bad at judging how old people are?

Eta:
Some draft insight it seemed like was being saved for this moment (and is fed by selfserving af sources)

quote:

Throughout an exhausting, all-consuming preparation for the 2020 NBA Draft, Timberwolves officials tried to examine every single aspect of the top three prospects available to them with the top pick.

A key part of their decision-making process centered around a simple truth. Whoever was coming to Minnesota had to want it. For all of the progress they believed they were making with the roster, the Wolves knew they still had so far to go. They needed a star at No. 1, someone who wasn’t afraid of the Herculean task that was ahead of him to help lift a franchise that has been buried under ice and snow for most of the last two decades. They needed someone who wasn’t going to run from the fight, who wasn’t going to complain about the cold weather or the old arena or the lack of tradition. It was always going to take an almost irrational level of audacity to turn one of the NBA’s least successful franchises into a winner.

James Wiseman, sources told The Athletic, did not want to come to Minnesota and play behind Karl-Anthony Towns. LaMelo Ball was curiously quiet and short with his conversations with personnel in the interview process, leaving the impression that he wasn’t excited about being with the Timberwolves. Then there was Anthony Edwards, who made it abundantly clear to them that he was ready for anything they could throw at him.
Honestly raises my opinion of LaMelo.

In the meantime, KAT absolutely should have had a 17-17-10 triple double on 7 FGA last night but nobody could sink a layup in the first half.

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 26, 2022

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

A Perfect Twist posted:

I'm guessing Kings

Don't think so, his Twitter handle is @davidaldridgeDC

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Strawberry Panda posted:

Don't think so, his Twitter handle is @davidaldridgeDC

Yeah he's been covering the Wiz ever since he dialed down his national work.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Thread favorite makes it big

https://mobile.twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1486132348433448962

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yesterday I saw John Wall trending on twitter. When I clicked it there was a report about him potentially being traded for Westbrook with Houston then buying out Westbrook. Seems kind of stupid for the Lakers and no one is talking about it here so I guess it's probably made up.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

yesterday I saw John Wall trending on twitter. When I clicked it there was a report about him potentially being traded for Westbrook with Houston then buying out Westbrook. Seems kind of stupid for the Lakers and no one is talking about it here so I guess it's probably made up.

It was Stein doing a thought exercise. Basically the Rockets already need to figure out a buyout with Wall so doing it with Westbrook isn’t much different and if you can pick up a first round pick for your troubles why not

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Every day Ben Simmons is trending on Twitter. Every day it's just dumb speculation

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Haha
https://twitter.com/USAmbDRC/status/1486381724439359491?t=cUFd7BfTKsEDF3AyCmA-jw&s=19

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Katie Heindl's Basketball Feelings is a good read, and this is too.

https://twitter.com/wtevs/status/1486389398082297858?s=20

quote:

“It’s time for the mechanical bull cam!” Brooks says. For a second, mesmerized by the way his twirling hand has synced up with the rhythm of his words, we have zero understanding of what is going on. But then like a siren song out of the darkness, a cow makes a long, rallying moo. It’s around this point that we also recognize the backdrop as a cow’s hide — a spotty, galactic universe. Is it moving? Are we ever not in this life?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1486395167817019398

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Has anyone else noticed that Zack Lowe has not been seen or heard from in 8+ days

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

Has anyone else noticed that Zack Lowe has not been seen or heard from in 8+ days

I have. Hope he's all right.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes basically the same dude with all the same flaws as before but hes also the second best forward in lakers history

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Fast Luck posted:

Some Houston reporter with sources mentioned Houston would be open to a trade for Westbrook and the 2027 pick, and then some other reporters jumped on it as a talking point. Even if you ignore that Westbrook has been mostly positive for the Lakers, trading their best asset for Wall, one of the worst players in the league last year, would be really bad, yeah, I don't think anyone's actually considered it.

I'm glad, I said the Lakers should sign him in like August so it's always nice to be vindicated. Like PopDog says he's still the same player, but he's better than the other guys the Lakers have tried at the 4 this year and the fact he can spend some time at the 3 or even 2 helps especially now that Davis is back.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

A Perfect Twist posted:

I'm guessing Kings

Why not both?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Media really leaning into the Harden to Philly thing today

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I'm glad, I said the Lakers should sign him in like August so it's always nice to be vindicated. Like PopDog says he's still the same player, but he's better than the other guys the Lakers have tried at the 4 this year and the fact he can spend some time at the 3 or even 2 helps especially now that Davis is back.

He's not great, but he is a passable defensive wing who can play small ball 4 and that is something this team has desperately needed. He doesn't have to be the #8 pick in a loaded draft for us, he can just be a hustle dude

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Dejan Bimble posted:

i have and im pissed. stuck listening to the worst episode of the hoop collective ive ever heard. literally the most boring podcast ever. an hour of a non-discussion about a wall/westbrook trade. cmon zach, cmon back.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I just wanna say that I am overall pretty happy with Willie Green's job, so far. Not "this is acceptable" but actually happy. It's been a while since I felt the Pels had a coach that is or could be better than JAG. With the exception of too much Temple and occasionally too much Sato, I don't think there is much I could criticize.

The team has obvious plans on offense and defense, even if they aren't always executed well. Players appear to be encouraged to go a little outside the box of what is planned for them. Morale seems to be high, even through losses.

Maybe a little lack of creativity in ways to get easier looks for Ingram and Jonas without spending so much of the shot clock trying to do so. Actual results from developmental work remain to be seen, but it is also still super early.

e: oh, he also appears to preach aggression and attacking an opposing team's defense, which I am a huge fan of

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1486368337370263558

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
NBA history facts need a short acronym for “since Wilt Chamberlain” because it’s in every single one

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That reminds me of when they tried to claim Kevin Love (pre LeBron showing up and giving him Purpose) had some record that Moses Malone had, which, hey, I get it, time marches on, but at the time there were like10 players in the league still who played when Moses Malone was in the league still.

Too bad about James Harden ordering a hit on him. . . . . . . .

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 26, 2022

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Happy Anniversary

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1486379034258776065?t=poh_6eFmDLHQbvI9hvAaKg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Well, did she get it?