Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vinestalk posted:

Pistons win! Pistons win!!

Such a good win. They earned. I think I’ll watch the replay about five times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://linkto.run/p/4XKLFNN6

Purely for my own edification, I made a pick the finals winner poll

So click and pick. I'll share the results in a couple days

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Results of the Championship poll, 22 responses

The blank space was Jazz, don't know why the poll ate that entry

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

It's really pretty easy to avoid those, discrimination lawsuits around hiring are rare. Honestly it's mostly some HR exec trying desperately to justify their existence and peddling snake oil to do it.

I had to go to some seminar about these for my old job, so sometimes I'd apply to a place I didn't care about and answer the test either exactly how they wanted or get the exact opposite of the score they hoped for. Got some funny emails and calls from bewildered HR women

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

Is Ja better now than John Wall was at his prime?

That's a great question. I'd say no, but barely. Ja is much easier guy to fit since he can do everything on offense. Peak Wall was streaking like a meteorite across the court, a great passer, and a good defender. Ja's defense is pretty terrible right now.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hooper

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Dejan explain why the Miami Heat are starting poo poo with Balkans

Trying to destroy the gains of the open balkan Summit from the week of December 20

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It’s pretty brutal that he’s literally out for the season, and there’s not a single person not in the Morris family or in Miami who gives a single poo poo about it.

Sorry Keef, You brought it on yourself

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is Boo Radley Beal the third best player on a championship team?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Strawberry Panda posted:

Maybe Dwight was right all along...

I wonder why. He didn't really get a backlash in Detroit, though he picked his players, so maybe he avoided guys who don't like him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Anything to make NBA arenas more like cosmic bowling. I'd attend the poo poo out of a game under black light

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Demarcus is going to end up playing for the whole league

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1479949320753496075

Man, Ime could be right about everything, but he sure seems like he doesn't have the banked up coins to be doing this publicly

They should respect him for his honesty but you know they're getting their little weak feelings hurt

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
There is a belief around the league that Atlanta is more likely to trade Cam Reddish than to sign him to an extension, per Brian Windhorst

This rumor is driving pistons fans crazy, driving them into spasms of Jerami for Cam trade proposals

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I think Cam fits Detroit's timeline better but he's so inconsistent. I guess Jerami Grant is too but usually when he has a bad game he still gets to his PPG which is important. When Cam has a bad game he puts almost nothing in the point column. Grant's defense is better too although Cam may be the better defender in a year or two. I guess Cam is significantly cheaper to pay.

, I just don’t see the hype. Jeremi Grant is already a three level scorer (if not efficient as a first option), and a good defender if he doesn’t have to be the first option. Cameron is just hoping to be some thing like Jeremi Grant at some point in the future, but he’s already up for an extension

To me that’s just a gift to the Hawks, who need a consistent compliment And secondary action guy to play with Trae Young

Tell me cam has been a disappointment since Duke. Is his rep coasting on his high school hype?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

That tweet is definitely boomer poo poo, but I enjoy him when he’s on TNT or whatever. He’s said that he tries to genuinely educate people about how basketball works when he’s on TV, and it shows.

I really like him as a commentator. Obviously I have michigan and msu bias towards him but he seems to want to teach people basketball, which I think makes the whole media world around it better, if people actually understand what's up and aren't locked in on ppg etc

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm starting to realize that 80% of the reason the NBA threads are so good here is that MV was prolific, really smart, and passionate about ball.

Look how lazy our posting has become in his absence.

Is it because we're all old and washed, or is it because there's no inspirational leader

drat
we're like the celtics

Come back MV, or step up someone else and become a genius ball poster

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paracaidas posted:

One of the Wolves local writers (and favorite of NBA Agents), Wolfson, had Windhorst on his podcast this week. The two mildly interesting notes is that teams are interested in Okogie (if given away for free, I'd have to assume) and that the Wolves have had multiple discussions with Houston, likely around Wood.

It'd be an... interesting... fit. I'm not totally sure I see it, but the Wolves do need more big depth. Vando is taking great strides this year, but he can absolutely be played off the floor and I don't love the idea of him starting in the play-in tournament. Also reiterated that the Wolves have offered every permutation of players and picks that aren't Ant and KAT for Simmons, though I'm wondering if DLo has played his way into staying now.

Lockback posted:

They've always wanted to keep D'Lo, they got rid of Rubio because he and D'Lo couldn't really share the court. They just would move him for Simmons. I think they still would even if they are clearly a much better team when D'Lo plays (something like 16-12 with him, 3-8 without).

I like Wood on the Wolves a lot.

I think if Wood takes Vanderbilt's spot, the wolves look great, as long as they have a guard who can get their bigs the ball.

leftist heap posted:

I’ve been following soccer for a bit and the NBA thread seems like 10x better than anything that goes on in TRP.

That's the thing. MV and some other old timers here like Rick built a Posting Culture where you couldn't just be a dickhead, and you had to come with the info and insight. We need to honor that.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

What kind of weird rear end stupid rear end post is this

Shut up daltos you ugly fat man

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Pistons have beat multiple good teams in a short span since Jerami Grant went out with his UCL tear.

Saddiq Bey has been incredible at 4, Cade's rebounds have dropped but his efficiency has gone way up.

Josh Jaclson and Hami Diallo Have had games on the same night multiple times, which never happened before. The production at small forward/shooting guard is why Rodney McGruder wasdisposable

I think there's some real Grant Ewing theory stuff going on. He's not a first option, he's a 3rd banana at best.

He probably deserves to play for a playoff team in that 3rd/4th banana role, which would give him the energy to play defense.

as for the Bol Bol trade, Trey Lyles has helped a lot as a stretch 5/ whatever you call a small shooting 5. Maybe bol can add a bit more shooting, which they're dying for.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 11, 2022

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Away all Goats posted:

It's called The Eye Test not the Video Recording Test!!

Seeing stuff with your eye is very different than seeing it on video. The eye is an incredibly complex instrument while a single focus lens is plain dumby. Educated eyes are worth putting onto the thing. I know you're not arguing against that I just wanted to say it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Maneck posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1481268695297105924

The Lakers would like it if the Raptors gave them a good player who is having a career year, on a good contract, for a player who is not working out as they had hoped.

The black and gold raptors jerseys look incredible. Makes Grant Jr looks like a model

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ghost Dog posted:

i like the kings play by play guy(Not the racist one, the new one)

Umm stop being racist k???

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think it’s about time we diagnose Russell Westbrook with narcissistic basketball disorder with extreme grandiosity

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dutchy posted:

NBA teams should a list of approved phrases a la Rocket League Quick Chat and if you say "Nice Shot!" sarcastically it's a Flagrant 2

Thanks!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vinestalk posted:

Bol Bol can't pass a physical, how the hell is Bagley going to? Get outta here Marc

I don’t see a role for home at 4. Maybe of he accepts playing 5 like trey lyles?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://uproxx.com/dimemag/devin-vassell-san-antonio-spurs-scouting-report-analysis/
Good article (ardicle) about Devin vassels growth

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Thank you coronavirus posters. Without your incredible research (posting Eric Feigl-Ding tweets) I wouldn't be able to read this in every single thread on the forums.

Lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Now that Jaren Jackson Jr. has reached a lot of his potential, how much butter do you think he could get?

Edit: I guess the obvious one is getting his 3p% up

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 14, 2022

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mellow Seas posted:

Obviously this isn't it, but are the Lakers looking for a way to dump Russ? I can't see how they would possibly be able to be good with him. Yeah, everybody else on the roster who isn't LBJ or AD is also replacement level, but at least they don't take 15 shots a game.

It’s basically impossible to get rid of him unless they want John Wall as a replacement

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1482146792426799104

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Let's call Giannis a PF. Where do you guys think he will end up in the all time rankings between Duncan, Dirk, KG, Malone, Barkley?

Here's mine Timmy > Giannis > Malone > Dirk > Barkley > KG
Duncan was only a PF for a few years. He played center. He just didn't want to be called a center

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Do you guys think the Reddish trade will be good for Reddish himself?

Is this more of a gamble shrug than it seems, because Reddish has been so loving bad in Atlanta?

I was never big on him at Duke, he seemingly got drafted based on high school hype.

But obviously he has the physical tools that let you have this sort of opportunity multiple times

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

Bones Hyland is simply too powerful.

I love watching him. Brolic was 100% right about him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
99-00 was an asy mvp for shaq. 01-02 is his second best season but Tim Duncan was better. He didn't have the Nike PR machine pushing him, like Kobe did. Reebok was a dying company.

It's worth remembering that Shaq, sort of like Luka, would come into the season fat and slow and take his time getting into form, and MVP voters don't like that.
--This is all based on half remembered old blogs

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 16, 2022

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

is tony snell cooked? has norman powell overtaken anfernee simons as the worst defender in the league? why is greg brown not playing? these are my questions about the blazers.

I think the touches allowed rule changes have messed up snell's game a lot.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Some random insights may be plagiarized may be original I forget

GSW is using Jonny Kuminga like Aaron Gordon or Siakim, which is logical

Milwaukee is relying much more on Jrue Holiday's PF esque offense when Giannis sits, as Rick pointed out it's logical as Middleton is good but insanely hot/cold

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Isn't it nice that they made a movie about Orlando's last coach

image upload

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
View: Memphis is a pleasure to watch. Even in blowouts

This new Devin Booker being hilariously taunted by mascots free throw thing has been my favorite random event of the season. I hope it keeps coming

Trade stuff since that's what the people want

quote:

Myles Turner
The Pacers are seeking two first-round picks or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Myles Turner, the NBA’s top shot blocker, league sources told HoopsHype.

Turner, who is currently dealing with a sore left foot, has been targeted by several teams on the trade market, including the Mavericks, Blazers, Timberwolves, Knicks, Lakers and Hornets.

Caris Levert
Indiana’s asking price for Caris LeVert is a first-round pick and a good young player, league sources told HoopsHype.

One team to watch for LeVert is the Cavaliers, as beat writer Chris Fedor noted on a recent HoopsHype podcast episode. Cleveland has all of its first-round picks to dangle, young players such as Isaac Okoro, Cedi Osman and Dylan Windler, and the expiring contract of Ricky Rubio as trade bait.

Turner has an $18 million salary for this season and next season. LeVert is owed $17.5 million this season and $18.8 million next year.

Eric Gordon,
33, is shooting career-highs from the field (.505) and three-point range (.455) after two injury-riddled seasons. With Gordon healthy and adding a needed veteran presence to a rebuilding Rockets team, Houston is seeking a first-round pick in trade talks for the veteran scoring guard, league sources told HoopsHype.

Several playoff-caliber teams are monitoring Gordon, as noted on a recent episode of the HoopsHype podcast.

Bryn Forbes
Spurs guard Bryn Forbes is available on the trade market, league sources told HoopsHype. Multiple teams have expressed interest in Forbes, including the Denver Nuggets, sources say.

With San Antonio currently outside the play-in Tournament, moving Forbes would open up more backcourt minutes for first-round pick Joshua Primo.

Make of all that what you'd like

I don't know that I'd trade anything special for Caris as he provably has brittle bones. Why would you chance a playoff run on any part of Caris's body holding up?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does Grant have a no-trade or something? What's he gonna do, not report?

I think it’s just the front office player agent harmony thing. He’s the first big signing for weaver as gm so he doesn’t want to boot him off to a bad situation

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Chronicles posted:

I don’t know if I understand that trade for detroit honestly but I think philly should take it

I don't know, especially with how good Bey looks without Grant in the way. You honestly dont want both guys at once, unless you're demoting one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't know if we need another giant ball dominant guard but without the shooting ability. Though I guess Killian Hayes is like a homeless man's Simmons in that sense.

Yeah I wouldn't mind the massive talent upgregg, especially if the league already told detroit they won't be getting the Victor Wembanyama pick. Cade + Simmons and you kidnap simmons family members to force him to take layups