Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Apparently Spencer Dinwiddie had the nickname "Siri" among the players when he was on the Nets. This definitely tracks; he would be a guy who would annoyingly volunteer random factoids and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

DEMAR loving DEROZAN DID IT AGAIN

https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/1477470352892702727

The Bulls had no loving business winning either of these two games.

As soon as I saw the inbounds begin to develop I went full Rudy Gay "NOT THAT GUY" mode.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

My favorite running theme is teams having an absolute meltdown after (or while) losing to the nuggets. So far it’s Clippers, Blazers, Rockets in consecutive years.

*flip-dancing Rocky in the background*

Do you have your Nug-Glassed on?
Are you wearing your Nug Screen?

~* You just lost to the Nuggs *~

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Bad luck for Randle, missing the only game in an empty gym.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Speaking of Ja(y)lens

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1477827291669540868?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, I just don't know about running Bron at center, especially for this much of games. Maybe there is a reason to actually play guys taller than 6'8".

This is D'antoni levels of microball and it just ain't working great. I just feel like there ought to be a replacement level 6'10" guy out there somewhere who be better than this and could maybe grab some rebounds

We have this Enes Freedom

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

Came here to ask the same thing

Trae was +10 in 37 minutes with 56 points, Lou Will was -12 in ten minutes with zero. All-time “despite the loss” performance. Get that dude some help, what’s going on with that roster? It looks good on paper. I guess it’s similar to Jokic where the roster is *so* constructed around one guy that without him in the lineup the other players have no idea what to do on the court.

Also of note, Capela joined the 100% FG% on 10+ attempts club.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yeah I called for those splits specifically in the GDT. It's so infuriating.

This is one of those where I can't think about or enjoy anything else tonight. Bleh.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

This owns. gently caress it, I'm a bulls fan now until the Celtics right the ship.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

Demarcus is going to end up playing for the whole league

They should respect him for his honesty but you know they're getting their little weak feelings hurt

Feeling better after today I bet.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
They rallied back and crushed the Knicks tonight, Jaylen had a his first career triple double, everything is cool and OK, lalala *earmuffs*

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vinestalk posted:

HELL YEAH! BBALL BOL.

Hedo: Bol

Hedo: Bol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

dokmo posted:

yeah i haven't heard anything, it's very strange.

The Hiding of Isaac

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Is this a hack/scam scenario like when people fake tweet as Musk with free crypto bullshit?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Hand Knit posted:

So what bench shooters are available at the deadline, and prospectively which are available on the offseason? Because it feels like that's an area where the Raptors could easily become a lot better very quickly.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

xbilkis posted:

The Lakers season is a trip to me because I feel like every third day I am reading "drat the Lakers lost to another lovely team lmao" and then I look up their record and they're always .500. Something simply isn't adding up

It's very similar to The Celtics Experience

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kibner posted:

I can. I'm down with the league prohibiting teams from doing attack/negative promotions, even as jokes.

Honestly, yeah. Teams should be pumping up their own players, engaging in mild teasing at most. Calling out a guy for being lovely on the jumbotron is probably a bit much. It's also a really slippery slope.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Maneck posted:

Non-verbal taunting by a mascot should be the limit.

Exactly.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Part of what I love about professional sports is the high emotional drama combined with the fact that players are fantastically compensated, and thus immune from most day-to-day concerns. Like, if Ben Simmons has truly had enough, he can just quit and be a super in-shape rich guy in his twenties. (I'm happy he's still generating content though). Russ' contribution (such as it is) to the Lakers is a major plotline this season.

I agree that random role players shouldn't be dragged for mediocre performances, but a guy like Russ is compensated enough to take the smoke. Not sure how it's much worse than a "gently caress Trae Young" chant or similar haranguing. Big stars always get disproportionately scrutinized/criticized.

Fans can do whatever they want. Blasting "gently caress Trae Young" over the stadium audio system would not be OK.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

A player should not be subjected to a coordinated taunting by other paid nba officials because they make over a certain threshold that's horseshit they are still people

(I 100% agree with you.)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I also think its stupid that the stadium announcer reads opposing player names in a dull monotone when they make a shot.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

If they wanted to get Larry's attention they should have used pictures of his daughter he abandoned

Sounds like he'd have no problem ignoring that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Zogo posted:

A slippery slope to what exactly?

It's already out of control!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Morey is like an old spinster reading a beanie baby pricing pamphlet from 2008 and refusing to reevaluate anything when confronted at a yard sale.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Well we got our Tacko replacement I guess.

e: also in what world is Juancho a "versatile wing"?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Apparently a Nets assistant coach intentionally deflected a live pass yesterday and got away with it.

https://twitter.com/HoHighlights/status/1483989681016614912

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

nikosoft posted:

Which One Of My Garbage Forwards Are You?

The dreaded Jerami

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

King Julius does not deign to speak to the peasants.

He's definitely in the running for least improved player this year.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Tatum heard y'all

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'd deny it if I could.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf got suspended in 1996 for not standing for the anthem because he said it was a symbol of oppression.

There was an episode of the podcast Death at the Wing all about him and it was pretty cool. The whole series details the intersection of the NBA and American politics.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ghost Dog posted:

precious appears to suck

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

To give you an idea just how bad their offense was, the Kings lost by 53 points and somehow committed fewer turnovers than Boston.

It's been nice to see stellar performances in back to back games.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Stat I had a hard time believing. Of the last 16 fifty-point NBA games, Tatum has 5 of them. No one else has more than 2.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

verbal enema posted:

im gonna kill myself if i have to keep unlocking my ad blocer for sportsurge

Only a few of the streams require that. Plenty of good ones don't. Either that or they don't detect mine.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
This probably belongs in the fashion thread but

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The model sort of looks like a 3rd or 4th tier multiplicity clone of a Lopez Brother.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I want another avenue of Garland confusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Knights, disperse.